🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

782 REPLIES 782
9f02e5c2
Community Member

I signed up as a freelancer last night but the security code is not being sent to my mobile no matter how many times I try. The format is +44 and I tried with +447 or +4407 and no luck. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

9f02e5c2_0-1695999198281.png

Adriana Bataraga

Hi Adriana,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your phone number. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
69f0e130
Community Member

Hello, I am setting up a new account and the phone verification process is not working. I have entered my correct phone number and pressed "send code" multiple times with no result. I am in the UK, with a +44 country code. I have entered the phone number with and without the 0 after the +44, still nothing changes. Please can someone contact me to resolve this? Thank you.

Hi Sev,

I can see that the team contacted you via your support ticket with them to assist you further. Kindly refer to it for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
84d9f77f
Community Member

Hi 

I am trying to create my profile but I keep tryping in my phone number and I am not recieving a confirmation message so I cannot continue, can you help me resolve this please?

84d9f77f
Community Member

Hi I am trying to set up my profile but I am unable to verify my phoen number as a text message is not coming throguh, can you help please?

Hi Ellie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I keep entering my phone number but I never receive a message with a code. I've been trying for 2 days now with no luck. Can you please fix this issue?

Hi Adam,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
06260b5f
Community Member

I am a freelancer and am trying to set up a new account. I have filled in all the info and I'm on the final stage of inputting personal details. Upwork have asked to verify my account by sending a code to my mobile number. Upwork asked me to input my mobile number, which I have now done so at least 20 times, and yet and I have not received a text code. I have tried multiple times from both Safari and Chrome, and no text code has been received to my mobile number.

Without this code I cannot complete my account, please help!

Hi Alice,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the code. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I've been trying to receive a text with my verification code on my phone for hours, but no luck. That's not allowing me to activate my profile which has been really frustrating. Could you please help me with this issue?

Hello Maria 

it may could be network issue. Please check your number which one you have used in your profile.

you may try this method: switch on and off your mobile device.

I believe hopefully it will may work.

thank you 

Hi Maria,

I am sorry to hear about the issue receiving a verification code. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
9e7fa999
Community Member

Hi there,

I have not been receiving a code for the phone verification part of setting up my account. I've clicked the "send" button so many times and nothing comes up.

I also have not been able to contact the support, the chatbot literally does not function and when I try to submit a ticket the page just disappears. Please help! I am excited to work as a freelancer on UpWork.

Hi Art,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting the verification code. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4c31e512
Community Member

I Have tried and tried to access and sign up to Upwork but the code won't go through to my phone at all. Please Help

Hi Victoria,

I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving the code. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
25edeb69
Community Member

Hello. I have tried many ways but I cannot receive the verification message on my phone. I tried deleting cookies or from another browser, and nothing. Could you help me?

Nahuel,

Make sure that the phone number is correct on Upwork.

Hi Nahuel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5f5d64a
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having difficulties completing my profile set up as I have been unable to recieve a code despite numerous attempts. How can I address this issue so that I may begin finding work? 

Hi Audrey,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist you further with the phone number verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
831bc1a6
Community Member

Hi,

I'm happy to see the new updates upwork made which makes using the site easier. So far, I believe I have filled out everything correctly and was approved as a freelancer but my profile is unable to go public due to me not receiving the verification codes. I tried a different browser and also tried using the app on my phone but still no luck. Is there another way I can get verified in order for my profile to be given public access? I can't access other parts of the site any longer either as I am given the profile form page to fill out and verify my phone number. I am happy to submit government issued ID or passport.

I am using my first and last name along with my consulting business website name for sign up. It should all match except right now my website is down due to financial constraints and I have only paid for the domain name for the year. I don't have any other source of income right now and would be depending on upwork to help me get extra client work that I can add to my portfolio and build better credibility.

Would this perhaps be an issue with my phone carrier or an internal security feature? Please let me know if there is another way to workaround this and I'll be checking my e-mail regularly in hopes that it can be sorted out quickly.

Thanks!

Marie

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marie,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance in completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a05a1337
Community Member

I've tried to get help for this but was told my account isn't eligible for agent support; im stuck on the final page of my account setup because the verification text refuses to actually send. Ive gotten links about ID verification but my account is literally stuck on the 10/10 page. Any way around this?

Hi Jalyn,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving the verification code via text. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hostmarcy
Community Member

I have never been able to apply for any work on upwork..... I have been trying to get this fixed for weeks now and it's pretty frustrating.... 

When I click to APPLY button I get this message:

Verify your phone number

Your confidential information is protected by our privacy policy .

We just sent a confirmation code to your phone. Resend code

Enter your 5-digit code

Verify your phone number

AS you can see it's 5 digit not 6 digit code and I dont receive a code on my cellphone at all.... Can anyone help me please! 
PLEASE PLEASE

Hi Marcy,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern, and one of our agents has recently responded to you. Kindly refer to your ticket here for more information, and don't hesitate to follow up with the team should you have any questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0fe8621f
Community Member

i tried to send a message on my phone so as to recieve 6digit codes but i did no recieve

Hi Ssemugabi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0fe8621f
Community Member

Thanks how can i contact him 

nakiib
Community Member

Having the same issue sms not working ,where can I get help.

Hi Lukman,

I've checked and confirmed that you were able to log in to your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c80ec38b
Community Member

I have tried a few times to verify my phone number and the code is not sending. I receive text messages on my phone and laptop but have received none. What should I do to verify my phone number?

Hi Michael,

I took a closer look at your profile and confirmed that your phone number has been successfully verified. Your profile has been approved as well. Looks like you're all set! Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4b0a0913
Community Member

iam from bangladesh. i cant verify my phone number. verification code is not coming.

I can give you 5 Star rating after the contract, I have 1 client ID as well. Please conntact me here on Upworkabid - g-mail (smj to gye hogy)

Hi Minhajul,

~ AJ
Upwork
47f57d6f
Community Member

I have a samsung phone and I cannot get the notification for the two-step notification.  I have the app on my phone, I am logged into the app on my phone, but I am not receiving the notification, so I can pay my freelancer.  The website states that there will be a delay in paying the frewelance (which I do not want to do) if I do not receive the notification to my app.  It looks like on my phone, all the notifications are set.

I would like to make sure that my freelance get paid for her work.  Many Thanks

Melanie

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths