🐈
» Forums » Support » Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / ...
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

789 REPLIES 789

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I'm trying to set up and publish my profile, but I'm stuck since I'm not receiving a verification code with my phone number.

Hi Justin,

Hi NAME,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
shahadat0101
Community Member

I am facing same issues,please help me with that

Hi Shahadat,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f8ea47cb
Community Member

Hello, I am a client and would like to post a job. I have entered inmy phone number but have not recieved a text. I have used both Edge & Chrome. I am currently texting people so it's not a text issue either. 

I'd like support on how to verify my accont via text. 

Hi Kelechi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
30321eb5
Community Member

As a client, I am attempting to post a job on Upwork. However, I am unable to proceed as I need to verify my phone number but I haven't received the verification code. I have double-checked my phone number and balance, but I am still unable to receive the code. I need assistance in resolving this issue.

Hi Livia,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

i am having the same problem , i am not getting any code

5cf4ee6e
Community Member

Dear all,

I want to contact a feeelancer for some work. I registered but the phone verification does not work - I am not receiving any SMS. Is there another way of verfiying my phone / identity?

Regards
Martin 

Hi Martin,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie - appreciated.

be348ec1
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to finish up registering my account and at the page where it asks for pin verification for my phone number, the button doesn't work to send the pin. It never gets sent. Can you please help me so I can finish registering and begin applying for work? Thank you.

Hi Jessica,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f74cd112
Community Member

Hi there, new to upwork.
Unfortunatly when i want to verify my phone number i dont get any message on my phone.
Number is correct and im definetly reachable. Also the solutions i saw with the chatbot are not working.
Not possible to get any contact person.

Please Help.

Hi Robert,

Hi NAME,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dd414e70
Community Member

I need to post a job on Upwork to hire freelancers. While trying to post a job on Upwork, I attempted to verify my phone number multiple times but did not receive a verification code. I contacted live chat support but received no solution for my issue. It has been two days and I am still unable to obtain the code.

As a freelancer there is no option to verify phone number.But I think upwork have a option to verify client's phone number.Email to upwork support and read policies of upwork you can fiend better solution.

Hello Atiqur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
2e863940
Community Member

I can't finish setting up my account with the two-step verification. My phone number is correct, but I haven't recieved a code on my phone to verify. I've tried this both on my web browser and the app. Please help!

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f62971e7
Community Member

No verification code to phone - could I please have some assistance?

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
nayeem_md
Community Member

I'm unable to log in from my new device (Macbok pro).  Verification SMS not sending 

What should I do now?

Hi Md,

I'm sorry if you're having trouble receiving the code via SMS. I've converted your post into a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac182817
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to apply for this task, but it said I put change your pins too many times for my phone number. Well, bc the code wouldn't work when I entered, but I received it. I tried to reach out to customer support and can't seem to reach a "human". Any help will do. 

Hi Avery,

I've converted your post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of the members will reach out with further assistance on this page in resolving the issue with your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
461c7f33
Community Member

Trying to verify my phone number and finish registering, but no matter how many times I hit "Send Code," I receive nothing.  I submitted a help ticket and have not yet heard back.

Hi Elsa,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with further assistance in resolving the issue with your phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e342169a
Community Member

Can Someone help me resent my verification for text, I have not received the text or the code to verify who I am>
this is very important in order for me to get the right job I am looking for.

Charles Spady

Hi Chuck,

I've shared your report with our support team and raised a ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of the members will reach out on this page with more information and further assistance once it's been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
814d7f47
Community Member

I am not receiving the security code via SMS. Have tried multiple times but no luck. I noticed that this is an ongoing issue with many others in the community and has been already reported. I would like to get a concrete solution for this on priority. 

I was going to post a job requirement today but got stuck with this instead. Verification process vis SMS is such a simple process but wondering why not resolved here for so long!  

Please provide a solution at the earliest!

Hi Arun,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble in completing the phone verification. However, It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone and log in to your account. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
814d7f47
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I tried again today to publish the job post but it stops me and gives me this message, "Just a reminder to publish your job post, you'll need to verify your phone number". Now Like you said if number is already validated then why am i getting this message and due to this issue I can't publish the job post and am loosing the days.

Screenshot atatched for reference.  

See the Bulb Icon above the Job Details title saying "Just a reminder to publish your job post, you'll need to verify your phone number"

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Arun,

~ AJ
Upwork
8a39d53e
Community Member

Hi Team!

Upwork sim card verification code does not come, how to solve? Please

Not getting verification code while logging in and everything. Code is required for everything as there is also 2 step verification

Hi MD Jikrul,

I've converted your post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of the team members will reach out to you on this page with further assistance in resolving your phone verification issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3974b4d5
Community Member

I'm posting to request assistance from support as, on signing up, my verification text is not coming through (I've tried severall times, checked junk, formatted my number in different ways - nothing). I can find no way to submit a ticket to support, even through the chatbot, which directs me here. I cannot access the settings to verify in another way, as suggested in the help documents.

While this is a new account, I have an old account with another email, but when I try to login, I am not able to enter a password, as it says I have Google login activated. When I try to login with Google however, it says I don't have it activated. A mess!

If someone from Upwork support can help me resolve one of these issues, I'd be grateful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths