🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Verification Email
Page options
George L Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea

View solution in original post

469 REPLIES 469
Angeliqua W Community Member

Hi, 

I have been trying to verify my email and have been getting nowhere fast. I click the "verify email" button in my email which brings me to a new page that tells my that my email verification has failed, from there I have tried to resend a new verification to my email (multiple times) and never recieved and understand that each time is a new ticket and each time the others expire, at least thats how my understanding of how things go. There are no physical urls in the email to copy and past ein the email to do it that way so im at a dead end and not sure what to do at this point. Any help helps. Thank you. 

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Angeliqua,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Angeliqua W Community Member

Thank you for the reply, 

I had done that before I checked the response and did not see a result but decided to give it a few hours and it seemed to do the trick. 

Appreciate your time. 

Gil E Community Member

I have been trying to sign up for a few days now, and am not receiving the verification email. It is not in the junk mail folder. After searching in this forum, I see that others have had this issue as well. If someone could please reach out and help me resolve this so I could set up my profile, I would appreciate it. 

Hi Gil,

We checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you’ve entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren’t being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Gil E Community Member

I received the email, thank you!

Regina P Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Tried to verify my email through different browser and on my phone, however I'm getting the same error message:  Email verification failed! I also tried to change the email to my personal email however error message says: We were unable to update your email, please try again later. 

Hi Regina,

I checked and it looks like your email is verified. If you're still experiencing any issues please let us know.

~Andrea
Chris S Community Member

I have not received the verification email to invite freelancers despite requesting it repeatedly and trying to 'get support'. 

Hi Chris,

I checked and the confirmation email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you’ve entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, Please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren’t being blocked. Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Ryan M Community Member

I am new to Upwork and am trying to verify my email. I received the email in my email account and clicked the embedded "verify email" button, which takes me to the Upwork site, where it tells me my job posting is in draft until I "verify my email address." I have tried a couple of times, but no luck. Not sure why it won't verify. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Biljana V Community Member

Ryan M wrote:

I am new to Upwork and am trying to verify my email. I received the email in my email account and clicked the embedded "verify email" button, which takes me to the Upwork site, where it tells me my job posting is in draft until I "verify my email address." I have tried a couple of times, but no luck. Not sure why it won't verify. Any suggestions are appreciated.

- try a different browser

- try clearing cookies/cache in your current browser

- try it from a different device

- check your spam folder

- restart your PC

- contact Upwork support

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ryan,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jada P Community Member

Hello I have the same issue...I can't move further and email verification doesn't work. I am trying to post a job listing!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jada,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
James C Community Member

Hello,

I registered today and got the confirmation email, when I press the link it says confirmed then it goes back to an email confirmation page and asks for it again (never ending loop). I tried resending to do it again but nothing happens, tried to change the email as well but it wont let me.

Could you please assist, my account is stuck on the email verification page.

Thanks!

Hi James,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Luca M Community Member

When I click on the link in the verification email, a message appears: "Your account is already verified... Redirecting..." and I land on the same verification page telling me to verify my email. No matter what I click, I always come back to this verification page. If I click on the "Resend verification email" button, a red exclamation point appears at the top of the page with a box that could contain an error message but is empty instead.

Hi Luca,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Brennan B Community Member

When I click "verify email" in the email from upwork it takes me to the posting page.

The posting page says this - "Verify your email address to post your job."

How do I fix this problem?

Hi Brennan,

I checked your account and it looks like you successfully verified your email address. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Brennan B Community Member

I tried that and it didnt work. Any way for you to reset the email validation?

Hi Brennan,

Thanks for following up. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Joan O Community Member

Hi. I've created an Upwork account but have not received the verification email after several tries. My email address is:**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help.

Hi Joan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths