🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,073 REPLIES 1,073
tjmisny
Community Member

I would highly recommend not spending all of your money on Connects!!  A very small percentage of jobs on Upwork hire anybody.  

Hello Malik,

I see that you were able to purchase Connects for your account. You should be able to see this by visiting your Connects History page. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1f4744b8
Community Member

I can't buy connects from my upwork account. I am looking forward help

Hi Monir,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi how are you?

I have some issues with my name in this account and the payment.

I have registered in this platform as "Gabriel Camus Boer", In my ID card, my name is "Nicolas Gabriel Boer"

Also, I registered paypal with name of "Nicolas Gabriel Boer" as like as my ID card. And my visa card is registered name of "Boer Camus Nicolas"

So I have some problems with payment right now. How can I fix this issue? I need your help.

Hi Gabriel,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your concern. I checked your account and it appears that your billing method is already active. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7f3a1056
Community Member

I encountered an issue while purchasing Upwork Connects using my father's bank card. After adding the payment method, a popup appeared requesting ID verification(my account wasn't verified earlier). Although I can verify my ID, the verification page displays my father's name, while my Upwork account is under my name. They say that you need to verify your ID which must have this name and that was my father's name, I used his card for payment. now I want to verify my ID but the names are not the same.

I used my father's card because I didn't have sufficient funds in my account, and he permitted me to use his card. I can provide my own ID (CNIC or any other) for verification, or even my father's ID if necessary. However, I need my name to be associated with my profile.

Could anyone guide me on how to change the verification name to match my Upwork account name? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to contact with upwork customer support but i can't because it's always showing me chat bot and there is no option for submit a ticket

I am facing the same issue. This is ridiculous and absurd. No way to talk to someone and get it fixed. I can use whatever card I choose to buy the connect. If I need to verify than may be don't ask us to buy the connect in the first place. 

d5f33387
Community Member

I have a visa debit card and im trying to purchase connects from Pakistan and if filling all right information and even contacting my bank for satisfiction, Its unable to authorize my card. What should I do? there is no other way for me to buy connects. I have seen other facing these issues too. Please give a authentic reply about it.

Hi Faiza,

I'm sorry to learn you are having trouble buying Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7bf9cdfa
Community Member

When I am trying to buy the connects, it's saying Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. I tried to refresh and buy again, but failed again.The card has sufficient balance and everything is normal but I am not sure why it's failed. I need to figure it out soon. Thanks.

Hi Corey,

I checked and saw that the transaction was declined. It would be best to contact your card-issuing bank in this case so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4bd9fad5
Community Member

I recently created a profile, no matter which card I put in it says primary billing isn't good. I've tried 4 including my debit card, but it let me BUY credits i cant use because i cant use any of my credits either. I can't edit any of my information. And lastly, I can only get help from a chat bot that gives me solutions that do not work. Can I get help from a real person?

Hi Leif,

I'm sorry you're having trouble buying Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f20830b9
Community Member

I AM SO FRUSTRATED. 

I am unable to apply to jobs despite having purchased 150 connects. It says something is wrong with my payment method, but I saw that the transaction was confirmed and neither in my email nor in my support requests is there an explanation from upwork. 

I have tried to speak to the chat bot for 1 hour and it doesn't redirect me. I do NOT see a way to contact a live agent on the help or support page. I am upset that I was charged and CANNOT use what I paid for.

Hi Tanvi,

I'm sorry for any frustration this caused you. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ariyan-naeem
Community Member

Hello, 
I am trying to buy the connects using my attached card to my account, but I kept getting these errors for two days.

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support.

I had same issue while buying connects from my card. I removed it and added again.. it worked a couple of times and then same error i faced. So i used another card and it worked!

4a98fc8f
Community Member

Since yesterday I have been getting "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, every time I click buy connects. I need to apply for a very important job so kindly help me Asap.

Hi Hamna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with purchasing Connects. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Could you please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline?

Let us know if you need further assistance from our end.

~Ivy
Upwork
4e196e01
Community Member

Master card visa card or American express card is required to buy connect to upwork but I don't have passport, how can I pay dollars from Bangladesh without endorsing my passport for dual currency. Upwork does not support virtual cards. Can I use my friend's card to buy Connect which has not yet been used on any upwork account..? Please assist me anyone.

Hi Iftier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, users are allowed to use someone else’s credit card to purchase Connects for their account. This is allowed as long as the credit card owner has authorized them to do so.

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly.

You can also check out this helpful article for more information about available Billing Methods that might work for you.

~Ivy
Upwork
d23074d4
Community Member

Hello sir ! I am facing the problem. I am trying to add my master card in billing method but upwork is showing the message          

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

plz help me as i want to buy connects

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry you are having trouble using your billing method. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fa9cec3a
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to buy connects, it says - (Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support)
I have tried clearing my browser cookies but no luck! Can someone help figure out the issue?

Thanks,
Eva

Hi Eva,

I'm sorry you are having trouble buying Connects. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Eva,

Could you please confirm if the payment card you are using is compatible
for international transactions?
d1b995a5
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to seek your assistance with an issue I have been experiencing while attempting to attach my card as a payment method on Upwork. Despite multiple attempts (2 to 3 times), I have been unable to successfully attach my card. Consequently, I am unable to purchase connects, which is hindering my ability to bid on projects.

I have contacted my card-issuing bank regarding international transaction limits, and they have confirmed that everything is in order on their end.

I would greatly appreciate your prompt assistance in resolving this issue at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best Regards,
Amna Ali

Hi Amna,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
22d6a150
Community Member

Hello,

I am a new joiner to upwork. Trying purchase connects to submit my first proposal but unable to purchase it.

Hello Tareq,

Did you try to contact customer support as prompted in the red dialog box? 

1bb4f72d_0-1719242700693.png

Hi Tareq,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a59d282a
Community Member

For several weeks now I have been having problems buying connects. When I checkout I get the following error:

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support.

On one occasion I deleted and re-registered the debit card I have on file and was able to purchase connects. But now I am getting the same error again and can't find any answer from Upwork.

I have tried to communicate through the chat but the only answer I get is that it recommends me to join the community but does not give me any solution or communicate with an agent. I would be very grateful if you could help me to solve this problem since I have not been able to apply.

Hi Diana Marcela,

We value each member's journey and aim to provide the right level of support at every stage. For personalized assistance, we invite members who have completed an Upwork Academy course or achieved a revenue milestone to reach out to our support agents. For others, our community forums are a wonderful resource for guidance and answers to common questions, and a moderator can help escalate your question if necessary. This approach ensures effective utilization of our support resources while fostering a collaborative and self-sufficient community environment.

Please know that we’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths