🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

973 REPLIES 973
da163ffb
Community Member

Screenshot 2024-02-29 191758.png

I am not able to buy the connects, it is shown that it is the issue by your end please resolve this issue as soon as possible!!

Hi Tejas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db82c2a8
Community Member

I am having trouble in buying connects from my debit card it keeps showing the same error from yesterday that there is an error from your end while doing the transaction please try again later

Hi Ibad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rajnidevi16
Community Member

I am writing to report an issue I encountered while attempting to purchase connects on the Upwork platform. Upon trying to complete the transaction using my debit card, the payment of Rs. 1615.77 was deducted from my account, but the connects were not received. Additionally, an error message appeared, stating: "Something went wrong from our side, please refresh the page."

I'm attempting to engage with chat support, but I'm encountering an issue where only one message is displayed at a time. Despite my efforts, I haven't found a solution to this problem yet.

rajnidevi16_0-1709375711834.png

Hi Rajni,

Thanks for bringing to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0c1c19b5
Community Member

I don't know what kind of problem is it but ı have been trying for 3-5 days to buy connects, but even ı refresh to page, ı can not buy connect and ı tried to talk with help center. could you please help?

Hi Mehjabin,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
95c30f63
Community Member

Hello there, its been more than a week already yet I am still having a hard time connecting my bank account to upwork billing method. Is there a problem with my account? May I know the reasons? I cant continue to find clients because I have low connects remaining. I really want to find clients but I cant proceed. Please help me. 

95c30f63_0-1710844173500.png

Hi Lisette,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35346bb1
Community Member

I've tried to add billing methods via paypal and debit/credit cards, however Upwork keeps rejecting them for some reason and I am unable apply to any jobs. I tried erasing the browser cookies too but there was no result unfortunately

Hi Leandro,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having trouble managing your billing method. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
webim
Community Member

I use agency profile and tried to buy connects with account balance. Previously it's worked (past week).

"Since you have enough money in your Upwork account, we’ll use it for this purchase."

But this week I got this message: Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

Can you please help with this?

Balan

Hi Aleksandr,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
03c835f5
Community Member

Hello, I want to know what the problem is with my credit card. I tried to link it to Upwork twice, and both times my account got closed. So, I opened a PayPal account, linked and validated the credit card correctly, but Upwork doesn't accept my PayPal account. I transferred money to PayPal so I wouldn't have to use the card and could pay directly with PayPal funds, but it still denies me. I don't know what else to do. Please tell me how to resolve this issue.

I really need to start applying for work. I've made my introductory video, uploaded my works, invested my time in creating my profile on Upwork, and I don't understand why they won't let me use my account. I use this credit card to pay for YouTube, Google, Netflix, etc., and I've never had any issues. Even PayPal accepted and validated it correctly.

Please tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Lila

Hi Lila,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
03c835f5
Community Member

Thank you very much!

8e30be1e
Community Member

I have tried purchasing connects several times, but I keep getting this message in the title. Although yesterday I tried to buy connects and continue to this step, and it worked but I didn't proceed and left. Yesterday, my card was accepted, today it's not?? why?

Hi Amira,

I'm sorry you are having trouble using your card. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8860d462
Community Member

Hello, I have buy connects, and my bank shows it, there is the transaction, but when i want to apply, it says:
"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."
and
"Financial transactions for -me- have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

what shoul i do!? 
please help. 

Hi Julieta,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
54cff9a4
Community Member

I have found a problem with adding the primary billing method. When I added my Visa debit card it showed the error" We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" Please investigate this issue. I have already Used the "Chat with Upwork" button on the Contact Support page to get help from the chatbot. But no solution was found. Please help to resolve my issue.

Hi Meenakshi,

Would you please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm why the authorization is failing? Let us know if the problem persists after you've done so, and we'll investigate further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54cff9a4
Community Member

Hi Luiggi- Okay, I will contact the bank to see if there is any problem from the bank end. Thanks!

54cff9a4
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I've encountered an issue adding my Visa debit card as the primary billing method on Upwork. An error message states, "Unable to authorize your card." I've tried the chatbot support but found no solution. Urgently seeking resolution.

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties processing payments using your Debit Card. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you're attempting on your card. You may contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Let us know if you need further assistance afterward; we'll gladly assist. We're looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
54cff9a4
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I have two more concerns.
1st. My name is on Upwork. I have only a single name, "Meenakshi" No last name.
Under contact info on Upwork, the last name is required, so I have added "Choudhary" as a last name. But on my bank statement, I have only a single legal name "Meenakshi". Please suggest to me what I should do. Upwork chatbot provides a generic response on that matter.
When I add the billing method, I can not leave blank the last name. It's required to fill. By default, it shows Meenakshi Choudhary as first and last name.
2nd. I received a PAN notification again and again whenever I removed it.
In compliance with Tax Law in India, Upwork withholds 1% Tax at Deduction Source (TDS) from your payments. The TDS can be as much as 5% if you haven't provided your govt. issued tax ID yet. Please click here to add your PAN ASAP.
I have already added my PAN to Upwork and it is already linked to my Aadhar card as well. Please investigate this from your end. Thanks!

Hi Meenakshi, 

We have requested the assistance of our team. Please allow them time to review your concern regarding your name.

As for your concern with your TDS, if you provide a valid GSTIN to Upwork, we will not have to collect this tax from you. We checked, and it shows that you did not provide your GSTIN. You can enter or edit your GSTIN in your account’s Settings > Tax Information

You can find more information in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
54cff9a4
Community Member

Hi Joanne,
Sure, take your time to review concerns about my name.
For GSTIN I have selected the option "I don't have a GSTIN" under the tax information setting of Upwork. I don’t have a GSTIN number, what should I do?

ac82f6b4
Community Member

Hope this message finds you well, I´m trying to buy Connects using funds from PayPal, and I can´t because I don´t have a credit card, I was thinking of asking a business that buys online, hoping they allow me to use their credit card to buy Connects, but I want to make sure this is something I could do to avoid negative impact on my account.

Hi Kermit,

Do you mean to use someone else's Credit Card in your account to buy Connects? If that's the case, please know that you may be able to use it as long as its owner authorizes you to do so. A verification may be triggered to validate this, and you will be contacted by the relevant team on how to proceed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi thanks for answering, which type of information they may verify from the cardholder, and if it's a business the verification process be the same?  Thanks again for your time, regards.

Hi Kermit, Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi,

Yes! As Luiggi mentioned, the appropriate team may conduct a set of verification to confirm that you're an authorized user of the card. The team may ask you to verify the billing method that you have on file by providing information to a secured link such as:

• A valid government-issued ID matches the owner of the billing method.
  • A recent billing statement for the billing method on file

You'll be provided with more information and instructions on how to complete the verification. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork

yes i needed person and am new at upwork plz help me

I'll be more than willing to assist, Muhammad.

Could you please tell us more about your concern so we can assist you more efficiently? We'll look into that and help you accordingly. We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ac82f6b4
Community Member

Thanks for your clarification, my Visa expired last year and I must find someone to help me buy more connects, though I was asking to advise this person on what to expect just in case, thanks for your time, warm regards.

Kermit Blair

e881782d
Community Member

Hi im new to upwork and run out connect, so i cant apply job that i believe that im qualified. How to get connect

Hi Friday,

I love the positivity and eagerness to get hired. Also, showing potential clients you are serious about your business and invested in building a working relationship with them will bring you closer to landing your first job. Connects are an investment toward your freelance career.

I'm sorry to learn that you ran out of Connects. There are three ways to get Connects on Upwork. You may want to visit this help article to learn more about them. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello there, I am new to upwork and I only have 2 connects remaining . I want to buy connects and I already link my bank account to my profile , yet why I cant proceed in buying connects? whenever I try it shows to choices-- "payment card and paypal". I wonder why i cant buy connects after i link my bank account. PLEASE HELP ME 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

In addition, this also shows when i tried to buy connects.... 

95c30f63_1-1710005128341.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths