🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

986 REPLIES 986

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
umarcruze
Community Member

Hey there,

I can't add my billing method..

I'm attaching my own debit card but it's not working..

It's saying that contact to your bank account. Then I contact to my bank and they said that there's no issue from bank Contact Upwork support..

Kindly have a look and let me know why it's happening??

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble with your billing method. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

c51f1614
Community Member

We are trying to purchase connects over upwork but getting error like "Charge Failed". I checked the card balance and there is a balance in my card.

Hi Harjot,

I checked but don't see any billing methods on your account. It looks like you're referring to the Agency Owner trying to purchase Connects since they are the ones that can do that for the Agency. Since we can't discuss details of their account with you because of privacy reasons, please advise them to reach out to support directly so they can assist. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

What I can say is that, in general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. In that case, you'll need to contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
c51f1614
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will ask the owner of my Agency to do the needful. Hopefully, this will solve the issue.

Regards

Harjot 

soban_sharif
Community Member

Hi!
When i try to add a payment method i am getting this error

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I tried adding my card on other websites and it is working fine,

Hi Subhan,

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

sakthivelsms
Community Member

I purchased connects today and the amount is deducted from my account, still the connects are not reflected in my account. Can somebody help me with the next steps. Your help is much appreciated!

Hi Sakthivel, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction failed which is why you're not seeing Connects in your account. Please retry the transaction with another billing method to be able to purchase Connects.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks, it worked!

wainse
Community Member

To buy connects , I am trying to pay by master card of my husband (because mine is unionpay). But the payment method is being declined,continuously. 

Hi Dr Madiha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
taimoormustafa17
Community Member

Hello there, 
I'm trying to buy conects but its keep showing this error
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

its not accepting my mastercard, 
it was working fine few months ago with same mastercard but now it's showing this error again and again.
Please help me to fix this error,

Thanks

Hi Taimoor,

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

16a74412
Community Member

Hii,

I have used all my connects.so i am trying to purchase connects from my VISA card - 10 connects. It sends otp to my number but after that it doesn't deduct money from my card to purchase the connects.

Is it possible to purchase connects paying money from VISA Card??

Hi Debjani,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and I sincerely apologize if I weren't able to get back to you sooner. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
haniishah
Community Member

Hi there, I have purchased the connects yesterday. The payment was deducted from my debit card, But still I didn't recieve any connets. Is there anyone from upwork support who might able to fix the problem? Looking forward for the solution. 

Hi Hani.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've shared your concern with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
varshalanga
Community Member

since last one month I am trying to upgrade my membership to plus but still it is not working. Earlier it was working properly but suddenly it stoped working.

Tell me where exactely  the problem is.Please check the attached error file.

Hi VARSHABEN,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
48c69891
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects, have approved payment in bank and still no luck. Apeears as if going through but hasnt charged my card and nothing added to my account? Need help ASAP

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7f29e6e3
Community Member

I was not able to add my card into upwork account, please check this

Hi LE,

~Andrea
Upwork
a71f140b
Community Member

HI..

Iam using a card which was previously (until last month) working fine on upwork for buying connects.... its got funds and authorized from bank side for online session...  when I suddenly started getting failures I removed the card to add it back again... during which I also reconfirmed with the bank but everything was ok from their side...it was active for online sessions and had funds....

Now I am unable to add the same card as billing methods. Getting this message : ""We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.""

Its on my name and like I said it worked fine earlier but now I am unable to re-add it as billing method. Tried my other bank card which was good to go but still not acceptable. Please help !!

Hi Kamran,

~ AJ
Upwork
sikandarayub
Community Member

Hello Upworkers, Can I use my friend's Payoneer card to buy connects? Since I am new to upwork and neither I have upwork balance nor I have any Payoneer card. Will it be consider as violation of upwork terms and policies for using same payoneer card in two accounts?

The payment will be declined if the card is not in your name. You need to have your own payment method. 

f3a40a14
Community Member

Hello! Today I bought 60 connects. Paid with my card and till now i have not received them so I can apply to more jobs. Can someone please help me? Thank you

#connects

The connect adding instantly. Recheck or contact Upwork support. 

Hi Joana,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I have checked your Transaction history and It looks like you haven't successfully bought Connects.  You can add a billing method at any time by going to Settngs> Billings & payments, and purchase Connects.

Feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2a124a22
Community Member

I have got credit on my debit card that i have been using in the past to buy connects for my account when I don't have the credit on my upwork account.But now it's not working and keep on bringing the error message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Kasoma,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
begcess
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I am the employee here having a  100% job success score. I am trying to buy connects through the same card which is being connected since the beginning. I have been receiving the funds which I have earned from Upwork. But whenever I try to buy connects, from the same visa debit card, it always gives an error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Could you please help me with a permanent solution, as I have already suffered a lot and cant waste more time and it hurts losing potential clients by not sending them proposals? 

Looking forward to a positive response from your side ASAP.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your transaction and it seems like it was declined by your bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific reason for the charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team. 

~ AJ
Upwork
0a3a8bf7
Community Member

I am new to Upwork. I have not been able to land a job. Initial connects are gone. Can't even purchase connects at all. What do I do?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths