🐈
» Forums » Support » No work, no connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,003 REPLIES 1,003

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your transaction and it seems like it was declined by your bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific reason for the charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team. 

~ AJ
Upwork
0a3a8bf7
Community Member

I am new to Upwork. I have not been able to land a job. Initial connects are gone. Can't even purchase connects at all. What do I do?

Hi Enefaa,

I checked your account and it looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please reach out to them directly to look into the specific decline error. In the meantime, you may consider using a different payment method. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mt-rekha
Community Member

I am beginner on Upwork, just started work. Connects are about to end and trying to buy connects, no transaction happened. While trying to update bank debit card details error message displayed that "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".
My name on Bank account is Rekha MT and on Upwork account  is Rekha Madath Thekkeppat. . Is this the issue? How can solve this?

Hi Rekha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ed8e7214
Community Member

I am freelancer and I ran short of connects my credit card was lost and when i tried adding my brother credit card which seems totally legal an error message came saying 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Can I add his credit card as I could take about 2 weeks getting mine back and in between I dont want my pace slow down 

Please  I am expecting some quick fix ups!

Regards : HAFIZ SHAN MUHAMMAD

Hi Hafiz Shan,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7b72414
Community Member

Even though I have the funds in my cards, the connect buying page says 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

I would really appreciate your help.

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
swayam92
Community Member

I have already spoken to the bank and couldn't get any help there, as they said it should work. But I cant buy any connects because my primary billing method is not working. Please help. I didn't get any help from the Get Support chatbot either. I really need to purchase connects so I can keep applying to projects, so would appreciate a swift response. 

Hi Swayamsrestha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your billing method. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
designbyhammad
Community Member

Hi there,
It's been several weeks. Upwork is not accepting my MasterCard payment method. Neither upgrading my membership nor letting me buy connects. I've contacted my bank as well and they said there's no issue at their end.

Please help me here with this.
Thanks.

Regards,
Hammad Hassan

Hi Hammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
rodion_bezruk
Community Member

Hello there,

I would like to clarify some info. Because of dispute process there is a hold on agency's financial account.
I have added card to buy connects, but I can't see dropdown menu for choosing this option. How I can buy connects for my agency now?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Rodion

Hi Rodion,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
0d4ed13e
Community Member

Hello, I bought connects twice the first is successful ($3)  and I purchased the second time for ($1.5) my card was charged but haven't received the connects. 

Hi Samera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
writing-studio
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add MasterCard as a billing method. I saw the following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add MasterCard as a billing method. I saw the following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Ammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
umairnaeem97
Community Member

Hi, I've been trying to add a debit card to my Upwork billing method and it's giving me errors. Its MasterCard and Upwork showed me the following error. Can someone please guide me on the issue? I ordered a new card from my bank. Called on the helpline to know if everything is fine from the banking side. The bank person also told me that Upwork added me successfully but didn't charge anything. On Upwork, it doesn't show it has added any card.

Thanks in advance for your kind response. 

Upwork Shows this:

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Umair,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
chtalhaanwar
Community Member

Hi, i have a master card which i can use every where to buy products and services online even outside of the country such as server subscription, patreon, but i am unable to use it here. How can i buy connects then. Paypal is not available in my country pakistan.

I suggest you using  any Visa Credit card, this works 100%. The debit cards unable to do transactions on upwork.

Hi Talha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article to see other available methods for purchasing Connects. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
48383e8d
Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects using PayPal but it keeps showing charge failed without any reason. My paypal is working fine everywhere.

Hi Aditya,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. I have checked the transaction and it looks like it got declined by PayPal. You can retry the transaction using an alternative payment method or contact PayPal for more information about the specific charge being declined.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking PayPal or with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork
7336de81
Community Member

I am setting up mastercard  payment method for buying connects  but got this error

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

can u please help me?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you were already able to purchase Connects. Please let us know if further assistance is still needed.

~ AJ
Upwork
abilfazal
Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to purchase connects but I keep getting this error

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. "

So, I removed my billing method and tried to re-enter the same billing method I used before but, I am still getting the same error

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Abilfazal Taha

Hi Abilfazal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the transaction and it seems like the bank has rejected it. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please also contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article to see other available methods for purchasing Connects. 

~ AJ
Upwork
chanchal-garg
Community Member

i am facing the same issue and raised request to support team.

Hi Chanchal,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while buying Connects. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same issue. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
81b6eb2b
Community Member

Facing Issue while buying connects. Although all process is OK by my Bank, still facing the problem. Kindly resolve the issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I looked into this and I can confirm that the bank declined the transaction. Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information why the transaction was declined. 

~ Avery
Upwork
khushboopatelup
Community Member

I have tried multiple time times I am unable to add connects via Debit/Credit card

Hi Khushboo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and noticed that you were able to purchase Connects using a new payment method.

Generally, your payment method fails when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. You may contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork
4e9dcdbd
Community Member

Whenever I am trying to attach my mastercard it shows that use another billing method or contact your card issuer. Whereas, I last time bought connects by the same card.

Hi Qasim,

This is likely happening because the bank is declining the transaction. Kindly reach out to the bank that issued your card to request more information on why the transaction was declined. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths