🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial Account name change
Page options
6daf5920
Community Member

Financial Account name change

Hi. I recently joined upwork and changed my profile name, having mistakenly used my nickname to apply at the start. I set up a payment account but it's displaying my old name under financial account. How can this be solved?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
ossopsd
Community Member

how change the Financial Account name on upwork?

Hi Abdolla,

If you need to change your name you can go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. You can find more information here

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c79ceec5
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I followed the instructions on how to change names and was sucessful with it. But when I get notified on Upwork or G-mail telling me that my payment process request was sent etc. it still presents it with my old name that I used on Upwork (my pen name). I realized that my legal name had to be used on Upwork so I changed it. But it has been a while since I made that change but my financial account name is still shown as my old pen name.

efea96f4
Community Member

Hey nikola, 

I would like to have my financial account name to be changed. Kindly guide me through the procedure for doing this.

Thanks.

Hi Athar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please make sure to use any of the supported browsers on this list. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
3552f8ce
Community Member

Delete

Hi Tina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
3552f8ce
Community Member

Delete

Delete

Hi Joanne, I have the same problem as Paul faced regarding the financial account name. Can you please help me to change it to what it now says on my Upwork profile? Thanks!

Hi Andre Sebastian,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already contacted our team with the same concern and a support ticket has been created. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b537705e
Community Member

Hello, I want to change my financial account name; I accidentally filled that in wrong when I first made my account. I have changed my name everywhere, but the financial account name is still intact. Help me out...

Hello, I want to change my financial account name; I accidentally filled that in wrong when I first made my account. I have changed my name everywhere, but the financial account name is still intact. My name is Vishal Sahu, and it is showing "Affluent Vocabulary." I have attached the photo to provide you with more clarity. Help me out...

Hi Vishal,

I checked and it looks like you need to complete a verification on your account at the moment. Please complete this and the team will reach out to you, if any clarification about your name is needed, to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b537705e
Community Member

Okay

b537705e
Community Member

My verification process is complete. Now, please tell me what to do to change my finacial account name.

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. You may edit your financial account information by:

1. Going to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Under Payment Methods, find the one you want to edit
  3. Choose Edit from the (...) options menu
  4. Edit your information and select Save Changes

I can see that you've reached out to our Support Team and raised a support ticket about your concern. You can continue coordinating with the team through that ticket if you still need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b537705e
Community Member

My request has been approved. 

efea96f4
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I would like to have my financial account name to be changed. Kindly guide me through the procedure for doing this.

Thanks.

Hi Athar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
30cf9ac0
Community Member

Hello I change my profile name 7,8 month agao still my financial name is not update yet as it showing the old name .please change my finalcial account to my own name.

Thanks

Harmeet sing

Hi Harmeet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 

I have a problem. I changed my name on upwork last years, and I confirmed my identity, but my financial account name is still the old one, and now I cant add paypal account to billing method because beneficiary names dont match. Can you please help me out with this? Can you change my financial account name?

Thank you
Kind regards
Tara Micic

paulgarcia37
Community Member

Hi. I recently joined upwork and changed my profile name, having mistakenly used my nickname to apply at the start. I set up a payment account but it's displaying my old name under financial account. How can this be solved?

Hi Mohamed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
krilbe
Community Member

Hi,

Our Team shows with the name of an employee who has left our company. He's the one who originally set up our Upwork account. We need to change that. His name also shows up as owner on the page for Member & Permissions.

We've changed the billing three-four days ago, but the old employee's name still appears at those places.

How can we change it?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kjell,

Our team reached out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm having issues with my financial account name as well.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

It looks like this has been resolved by our support team. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d6ececd3
Community Member

Hi! Thank you so much for the help, but I'm still having issues regarding
my name on the platform. When I go and try to download my certificate of
earnings there's two surnames next to my first name and in the wrong order.
Is there any way to fix this?

Hi Jennifer, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
filguler
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 
I would like to make a request to change my account name. I have attempted to do so in the admin to no avail.

Thank you.  

ridi15
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I would like to change my financial name to the current Upwork account name. I changed the account name a long time ago and just discovered that the financial name isn't changed and is different from my account name. I also find my financial account suspended. I have already verified my id! Can you please help me with changing my financial account name?

Hi Humayara,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c79ceec5
Community Member

At first on Upwork I was using a nickname until I realized we had to use our real name. I made the change and changed my financial account name to my real one. I made this change a while ago but it still displays as my old nickname when I get notified via G-mail or Upwork notifications. I believe due to this reason my payment process was denied. Since my old nickname doesn't match with my bank account name. 

Hi Grosel,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e410183b
Community Member

hi can i change my Financial Account name to "Johnny Wonder LLC"? thanks

Hi Johny,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
28a44cde
Community Member

Hello, please help me change the name of my financial account to Raeed Awer
Can you help me with this 

Thanks

Hi Raeed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths