🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Financial Account Suspended
Page options
A M Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
Johnny M Community Member

Hi - I have the above on my account  - I dont owe any money and I have added a new card but still it is there.  You many have sent me an email which I cant find - please can you resend.  Thank you Johnny

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Johnny,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Deepak C Community Member

Can you please help resolve this

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Deepak,

I don't currently see any limitations with your account. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies and check again? Let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Deepak C Community Member

Looks like that is fixed. i do need help on the last issue.

We created our agency and purchased the connects for it, and due to user name changes and errors on our part, Upwork could not help us fix the issue and asked us to shutdown the account and created a new one. Whis is this the current one.  Now we are requesting to transition the connects with purchased with the old one to the new agency account.

Preethi N Community Member

Hi, 

I am getting an error "Your financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account." Can you explain to me what it is and what needs to be done?

Thank you in advance,

Preethi

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Preethi,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Saliu H Community Member

Hello I haven't gotten any response. There is a financial limit on my upwork account which it did not allow me to withdraw my earnings. I'm using this moment to appeal and release the limit in other to get my earnings. Thank you 

Zak B Community Member

Hey , can i anyone help here. I don t know what happened....

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Zak,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry to learn about the status of your account. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Aneesh K Community Member

Hello Team, 

Looks like my profile has suspended with this message. 

Your financial account -Aneesh Kumar (23553621)- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

I dont have any outstanding balance and also a payment method has added to the account. 

Can you help me with this. 

Regards

Aneesh K

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Gregg G Community Member

I am getting the following error.

"Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Apparently a Visa card expired.  I have added 2 differrrent credit cards for payment options but the limitation remains and the accoount will not reset. My account balance is a zero.

I am unable to hire a freelancer.  It says to "contact customer support" but when I click on the link it simply refreshes the screen and takes me no where.  I am unable to contact customer support and the chat bot is not helpful. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Gregg,

~ Luiggi
MD JAMAL H Community Member

Hi 

My finacial account has been susupened. I cotacted with support team for fix it but not replying for 5 more days. Because off this I can't withdraw money and can't buy connects not only that facing various problem. What should I do now? Suggest please

Thank You  

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi MD Jamal,

I've notified the team working on your case and one of our agents has followed up on your ticket with more information. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them so they can continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Marit B Community Member

Hello everybody!

I keep getting this notification on my client account on UpWork. I have added 2 cards which should be working fine.
The notification also states that I should have gotten an email? Which I dont have.
Tried talking to the bot but it did not get me any further..

Hope to hear from you soon!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Marit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Meenakshi Ravindra C Community Member

My Financial account has been suspended , kindly help

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Meenakshi,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Meenakshi Ravindra C Community Member

Hi Pradeep!

As per the email received from Upwork Support Team, I followed the entire
steps , but the issue still persists. I have replied back to the email.

Kindly advice.
Joanne P Moderator

Hi  Meenakshi Ravindra,

I can see that our team is already assisting you directly via a support ticket. One of our agents will respond to your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
O M Community Member

Freelancer cant' accept the work, even though my card is live and already has a hold on it. Very frustrating can't reach a human or even find a place to make a ticket. New to upwork. Can't use it until this is resovled and there is no way for me to resolve. 

Yuichi M Community Member

I have the same message on the top page and a freelancer cannot add the manual time. I don't know how to reach customer support....

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Yuichi and O M,

I am sorry to hear about the limitation on your financial accounts. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. 

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths