🐈
» Forums » Support » Account still suspended
Page options
A M Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
Israel A Community Member

Hello Team,

I created the upwork account few weeks ago  back looking for assistance with building my brand. I  conigured payment options  and noticed this at the top of the site:
"Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

I did not recieve any email or notice of the reasoning and would like to fix this so I can move foward with hiring Talent.

Israel A Community Member

This is another message We have permanently blocked your account. Find out more or contact customer support.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Israel,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Rowell F Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I posted my concern but have not received a response. May I please message you? 
My partner's account can't be accessed, she tried to reset the password but the link is not working, she was issued a ticket number but can not access it because she can not log in, can you help her, please? 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rowell,

I have posted a response to your post here. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Daniela B Community Member

Hello, 

My account presents the next error, and the chatbot is a joke. Please help!!

We have blocked your account. find out more or contact customer suport

Financial transactions for DANIELA BIANCHI have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer suport
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Daniela,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Justin Wayne A Community Member

Haven't used our upwork account in a while so I wasn't surprised to see a "suspended due to an expired credit card" when I logged in again. Posted a few jobs and updated the CC on file thinking it would lift the hold like the message says. That was days ago and our account is still on hold. Need to get rolling on this project and I can't wait around for this. Several attempts with the chatbot have been less than helpful in this matter, so please don't tell me to use it.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Justin,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Junaid A Community Member

I recently added a payment method with mastercard to buy connects but it was declined and I received an email that my account was suspended which will be lifted when I add it successfully, which I did and bought the connects but I still can't submit a proposal, now after two days a message appears instead of the suspension message, there was a problem with the billing method and they put it on hold, I still can't submit a proposal.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Junaid, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Nour S Community Member

Financial transactions for Nour Salem (39084689) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information. this message appears to me when i tried to add my payment method but i did not do anything wrong and also the following message appears to me  "We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now." what can i do to solve this problem i have waited 2 days i can not apply to jobs or do any Financial transactions in my account please help.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nour,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Arslan J Community Member

Hi,

Everything was good since years. Today a warning message is visible on my profile stated that We’ve temporarily suspended your Upwork account.Financial transactions forArslan Javed (323XXXXXX)have been limited.
I Apeal to support via ticket. Support said the following
**Edited for community guidelines**

I am shocked to see this.I am the owner of this account. I never do this, I even dont know who the person is. How can I reached out to that person.
please tell me a solution to get rid from this situation. It can be a hacker or something else. I have a strong password on my profile and 2FA is also enabled.

I have 5 star review profile and I dont want to lose it.
Help please

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Arslan,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue, and one of our agents is already corresponding with you through the ticket. Please allow time for the team to check and update you directly through your ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Arslan J Community Member

Hi,
I am waiting for a support reply but no replay at all.

Daria H Community Member

My profile looks like this for a few days already. The rest of the pages look fine. Any ways to fix this?

Ximena Q Community Member

Hello :I would like to know when I will be available to apply. My financial issue is already corrected. Thank

Daniel O Community Member

Hello support forum, 

My account was suspended due to invalid payment method, and I got an email saying it would be released after I update my payment method.

I have successfully update my payment method and my profile has been verified, but my account is still suspended and I am not able to submit proposals. 

Please help me resolve this. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Daniel,

~ Luiggi
Javier E Community Member

I recently created my account and meticulously followed all the required steps. Despite my efforts, my account has been suspended. there are some clarification on the reason behind this suspension? I'm eager to understand and rectify any mistakes I may have made.

Allison J Community Member

I can help you to do it 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Javier,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
George P Community Member

Had this issue when posting.Have updated to a different billing method/card and still not letting me post. What do I do?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi George,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths