🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
6bf8ad2c
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hi, I got a Financial limit on my account it's been 3 weeks now. I have done each and every step asked my customer support including changing password, enable multi-authentication but still, my finical limit is not removed. It's been 4 days since I have emailed Upwork support under the same ticket ai haven't ruined any reply from them. Please help me. I need to buy connections and submit proposals and withdraw funds and I am unable to accept job offers as well.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rima,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

667 REPLIES 667

Hi Millicent,

I have checked your account and I can see that multiple tickets have been created. A gentle reminder from Upwork, please avoid filing several tickets with the same concern so that the team who will handle them can assist you more efficiently.

You can check here or your email for updates on those tickets and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Millicent,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mahfuzrma
Community Member

Financial transactions for Md Mahfuz (11256846) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahfuzar,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should receive a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
jana_lukan
Community Member

Hi, Upwork

I have been suspended a couple days ago. Upwork asked to confirm my identity via e-mail. I did it. Now I have a financial transactions locked on my account. I have already made a ticket for Upwork support, but there's no answer yet. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time

datavix12
Community Member

How can I solve the following? ¨Financial transactions for Pedro Torres (41388131) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support¨.

Hi Pedro,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jana_lukan
Community Member

Hi, Upwork

I have been suspended a couple days ago. Upwork asked to confirm my identity via e-mail. I did it. Now I have a financial transactions locked on my account. I have already made a ticket for Upwork support, but there's no answer yet. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time

Hi Jana,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already assisted by the relevant team. One of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
585e9de3
Community Member

Is there any possibilty to contact a real to reactivate my accound? I paid my invoice and my account is blocked. Best Regards

Hi Emilie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you as soon as possible via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
collection-kriss
Community Member

Its been more than two weeks. How long will this take. I cannot even buy connects

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
carloslobo28
Community Member

Client approved milestone but Upwork told me client was a fraud and the money was caught by them as their rules. I wonder what if it was a bigger quantity of money, all seems right, client pays correctly, but Upwork catches the money saying client is fraudulent. Very disappointed with these rules. 

For that my account wa put financial transactions limitations and cant' even get paid the money of my other jobs, Upwork support doesn't answer any concern of mine since weeks. 

Hi Carlos,

I'm really sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had with this client. We as moderators find it unfortunate that there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. 

I have checked your account and it looks like there are support tickets created with your financial transactions concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through those tickets for updates and further assistance. You can check here or your email for details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
chike-justin
Community Member

My financial transaction has been limited for couples of days now. Every attempt to resolve the issue have prove abortive. I have replied to the email sent to me by Upwork as requested but still my financial transaction is still limited. The reason for limiting my account was because Upwork suspected that I sent a file containing malware which I have explained to them via email that I had no idea or intention to send the file to my client with malware. I have scanned my system and cleaned my drive. I have also figured out where the malware came from and how to avoid it totally going forward. Still I am yet to get a reply from Upwork. Kindly offer any help as I really don't know any other step to take. Thanks.

Hi Chike,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance. You can check here or your email for details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
morrisonanele
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team and payment team I have successfully transferred my previous debt  fund to Upwork PayPal which was given to me by one of the Upwork support representative
Below is the transaction ID
Transaction ID: 56T02096KD710752Y

Please ensure the payment is being applied on my Upwork escrow to enable clear my previous debt and Also please ensure that the restrictions placed  on my Upwork account is being lifted to enable to Me to start to submit proposals and withdraw my available earnings
Thanks alot
Best regards
Morrison

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Morrison,

I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
cbfdb9fa
Community Member

Hi team, My payment is on hold since last 2 weeks, Can you please help me with this? I got a msg to wait for 48 hours but its been more than 2 weeks already and I am continously trying to reach the team as well but not getting any response.

Hi team, My payment is on hold for last 3 weeks, Can you please help me with this? I got a msg to wait for 48 hours but it's been more than 3 weeks already, I was able to withdraw funds on 13 april last,  and I am continuously trying to reach the team as well but not getting any response. Please help me out with this. Thank you!!

Hi Anuradha,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
mahnoorrshahzad
Community Member

Dear upwork team, I am finding an issue on funds withdrawal.

I have talked with my client on this and she told me that there's no problem at her end. Kindly reconcile and resolve my payment restrictions issue so I can utilize my funds. Regards Mahnoor Shahzad

Hi Mahnoor,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Upwork team, 

My financial transactions have been limited by upwork and I am unable to utilize my funds. I have talked to my client and she says that there is no restriction or problem at her end. I have contacted support before and couldn't get any response. Kindly resolve and reconcile this issue so I can utilize my funds that I have earned after a lot of hard work. Kindly pay heed to my request. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Mahnoor Shahzad.

Hi Mahnoor,

As Arjay previously mentioned, it's best for you to continue communicating with the relevant team through your support ticket, as they're the ones who can best assist you with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdallahsaad200
Community Member

i have updated billing and the card has funds. but account suspended can you please try to take the money again if possible 

Hi Abdalla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and found that your freelancer's financial account is up to date however, your client account isn't. Please check by logging into your Upwork account and viewing your client profile. Then go to Settings > Billing and Payments. You will see the amount that needs to be paid there, then you may click on "Pay Now" to clear the negative balance on your account.

If you still need to contact support regarding your financial account after the balance has been paid, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

~ AJ
Upwork
04792cde
Community Member

Upwokr doesn't show anything about suspension. Btw how can I contact upwork customer service? 

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw that an email was sent to you stating why your account got suspended. You may refer to this support ticket regarding your account suspension and respond to the said email in order to reach out to the team handling your concern.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
484dd2c3
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to make payments. I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."Please help!

Hi Sufyan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible. You may access your support ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork
morrisonanele
Community Member

There was a restrictions on my client account due to past debt so I have send the fund through Upwork PayPal email and the agent handling the case has ensured that the payment team deposited the fund manually to my Upwork account to enable me clear the debt the debt has been cleared and I can now submit proposals but while trying to withdraw my available earnings am still seeing that my financial account has been suspended

Please I need urgent response towards these issues

Hi Morrison,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You may access your support ticket here at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks alot for your concern help me and inform the team to assist me in
lifting all restrictions placed on my account since I have cleared my past
dues
2c702035
Community Member

Hello,

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I did update my card again and added even a new card but it still doesnot let me pay whats due to and I can not even click payment botton on upwork.

Hi, I am getting the same error financial transaction limited while my visa balance is 0$ and can be charged the whole amount due to pay. I also added a new card to try it out but upwork payment  button doesnot even let me clear the amount and pay.any help?

Hi Romina,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. you may access your ticket here at any time.

~ AJ
Upwork
83e971e5
Community Member

Can anyone help me with this, please? It's been 5 days now my financial transactions are limited I have tried to contact the support team of Upwork many times and left my messages in my open ticket but no one has responded to me on the issue yet.  I need to purchase connects, and need to withdraw my funds but I can't do that right now. 

Please help me with this ASAP!!

Thanks

Hi Saira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths