🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
6bf8ad2c
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hi, I got a Financial limit on my account it's been 3 weeks now. I have done each and every step asked my customer support including changing password, enable multi-authentication but still, my finical limit is not removed. It's been 4 days since I have emailed Upwork support under the same ticket ai haven't ruined any reply from them. Please help me. I need to buy connections and submit proposals and withdraw funds and I am unable to accept job offers as well.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rima,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can click the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you’re still experiencing issues contacting support, feel free to post here on this thread.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

667 REPLIES 667

The only document I have that can provide physical residence information is my Tax identification(TIN). Can I use that instead?

saskince27
Community Member

I cant withdraw my funds because when I try to withdraw it says, my financial account has been suspended. I check my Paypal and yes it was suspended by Paypal, but they already remove the suspension of my Paypal. Until now I cant Still withdraw the funds.

Hi Alvin,

Could you please try removing your PayPal payment method and re-adding it?

~Andrea
Upwork
aliraza147ar
Community Member

I created Upwork account 2 years ago and do rarely submit a proposal in a month.

My account is set to private I want to make it public again.

2 days ago I create a direct contract in via Upwork escrow and the payment is released from the client and the balance is shown in the account.
and I have set up Payoneer and it says it will take 3 days to make your account is active.

and also submit the document to verify my identity
My face id is verified but my id card is still not verified.

and I am unable to submit a proposal to any job proposal and the freelancer plus button for membership upgrade is also disabled kindly check all these issues with my account

when I received the payment from the direct contract and submit the document for verification then all these above things happened to me. 

Kindly help me in this regard

Hi Ali, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to look into this further. Please know that your ID submission has already been approved and reviewed. The temporary hold on your account is now lifted, you already have the ID Verification Badge, and your profile's visibility has been updated from private to public. 

Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
ony95
Community Member

I'm not that active on this site, but still sometimes there are orders. Previously, I had no problems with the withdrawal of money.
I contacted support, but it did not give any results.

My request has the status "solved", but for some reason I still can't withdraw money.

I have verified my identity and have all the information I need in my payment profile.

Honestly, after such problems, you think "is it worth continuing to work here?"

Hi Olga,

Feel free to reply to the team via the notification sent to your email address, this will reopen the ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
ony95
Community Member

Hello! No one has contacted me so far 🤔

Hi Olga,

Thank you for following up. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fhilian
Community Member

Hello,

So for some reason my financial account got suspended after getting paid and I don't know how to fix this.

Can a Moderator help me on this problem?

Regards,

Pedro Silva

Hi Pedro,

Could you please try removing your PayPal payment method?

~Andrea
Upwork
a_adeoba
Community Member

I have a message

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have updated my billing information and also I didn't recieve any email.

Kindly help.

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the issue you experience. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
matthew_olajide
Community Member

Hello,

my financial transaction have been limited since last year, and I have done all necessary verifications yet my account is still the same please help me out,am fed up at the moment

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a ticket to inquire about the same concern. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
matthew_olajide
Community Member

Hello.

And have messaged them many times

matthew_olajide
Community Member

Good evening moderator,

I haven't gotten any response.please help me

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delay in following up. I've shared your message with the relevant team and they've just contacted you via your support ticket with them.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
goyal_234
Community Member

I AM UNABLE TO GET PAID IT SAYING CONTACT SUPPORT BUT WHEN I CLICK ON SUPPORT IT GOES TO ARTICLE THERE IS NO HELP.

Hi Shubhangni,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you directly for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hi, 

I keep getting this message when attempting to pay:

"Your financial account has been suspended. Contact Support to pay the balance." 

Even though I've added several payment methods. Please help ASAP.

Hi Ahmad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
asadr4
Community Member

Hi, 

Around 10 days ago, I submitted a proposal in which I have added three links to the sites that I have created. I added those links because the client wanted to see the work of the person submitting a proposal. Upwork has identified that link as inappropriate and restricted my account. Since that day, this message is appearing on my home page.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The team is not even replying to my support ticket and I cannot create a new ticket as well. What do I do now?

Thanks

Hi Asad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
564be132
Community Member

I added a new payment method but I'm still limited to start new projects.

Hi Gal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
omar_faruque369
Community Member

I need help. When i go withdraw from my account then shows an error message "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account." I don't know why this problem.

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
chitraraysoft0
Community Member

Urgent!

1. My Agency account is suspended by Upwork all of a sudden 3 days back.
2. As an Agency owner, my company owner was not able to access or raise a support ticket.

3. He has also not received any email communication to his registered email id so far.

4. He was unable to purchase new connects

When I login with my employee login, the message "Financial transactions for Agency have been limited"

Our entire business is severly restricted for the last 3 days and my entire company is in pitch dark.

Only  the Time tracker Tool for our existing clients were working.

I am reaching this forum as a last resort as I have all other options exhausted.

I request you to kindly look into my agency account and do the needful. Wishing for an earlier reply.

Chitra

Hi Chitralekha,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
asaddigitizer
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same issue with my account.  My payment was in pending section and tommorrow it was releasing and now i have notification that my contract with client is suspended and payment has been reversed and also put limitation on my account. Please resolve this issue. 

Thanks

Hi Asad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
chitraraysoft0
Community Member

Thank you Andrea,

But how do I even access the support ticket page? when I click on the support page link I receive error messgae saying "this page is moved"

ab3a69d8
Community Member

my upwork account says Financial transactions for my account have been limited. now can i accept new offer or payments? I am a freelancer. I have two active jobs but unfortunately today i got this message.

Hi Sayed Mohammad,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
74f268d8
Community Member

Hi, Upwork!

I've been suspended. I couldn't log into my account. Upwork asked me to confirm my identity via e-mail. I did it, and now I can see that financial transactions are restricted for my account, so I can't add connects and send proposals, also I can't use the availability badge. Could you please help me with this issue? I've already made a ticket for Upwork support, but there's no answer yet.

Thank you for your time,

Vitalii.

Hi Vitalii,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I will follow up with the team to expedite their review and update you via the same support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cbfdb9fa
Community Member

Hi team. I was asked to authorize one of the two way authentication to resume the payment option which is temporary on hold.  I have done the needful.  Kindly look into this. 

Hi Anuradha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
91c8dc40
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I seem to be getting a flagged message when I log in. 

Financial transactions for Millicent Wachira (18145723) have been limited.

What does this mean? Can I get assistance with this please.

Thanks!

Millicent.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths