🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
A M Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Avery

View solution in original post

1,568 REPLIES 1,568
Muhammad T Community Member

I had hired a freelancer but due to some reason, the payment was not getting released from my bank account and Upwork had frozen my account. So, I have now set up my Upwork billing method. Could you please check if the payment can now be released and unsuspend my account? Thank you very much.
Regards,
Muhammad.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members have already restored your account. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Christopher S Community Member

Hello, I am a freelancer on upwork but I also hire other freelancers. I need to pay my bill but I can not receive my money from upwork to pay this bill.... can someone contact me please so we can get this figured out. I am stranded in Italy with no money because I was robbed and now you are holding my payment, timing is pretty important here. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the status of your account. I checked your account and noticed that your account has been placed on hold due to an issue with your billing method. I see that your card payment has been declined and you have a balance that needs to be cleared to restore your account. 

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mina B Community Member

I have been asked from donotreplay@upwork.com to verify my identity 
and i did uploaded the documents
still have not reviewed yet 

when i click on get paid 
i got a message of account suspended ( financial account suspended )
and when i go to identity verification , i got a banner of financial transaction has been limited 

is it because you haven't reviewed my documents yet 
or i got suspended during something else 

and what should i know to withdraw my available funds

i have requested a ticket , upwork team said that it might take 24-48 to get a solution 
but i actually posted it 3 days ago 

so can anyone help ?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Akin E Community Member

I received money through Direct contracts for the work I did for a client outside of Upwork. But for some reason after the payment was made, my financial account was suspended. I have created a support ticket but no reply for well over 24 hours now. Any help?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Akin,

I can see that you've been in contact with the relevant team about your concern. Rest assured that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team and they've been working collaboratively to resolve the issue. Please allow them time to further review and you should be getting an update on your ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Akin E Community Member

I have contacted the relevant team as you said, but they promised a response in 48 hours. It has been over 72 hours now and no feedback. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Akin,

We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
Tomas F Community Member

Hi, 

I have an issue with my account being suspended due to issues with payment methods. The warning message mentions updating my payment methods, which I already did, but nothing has changed. 
Please see attached screenshot of the warning message.

Can anyone help with this, please? Thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Tomas,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cara a Community Member

Help! What does this mean?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Cara,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting this error. I can see you've raised a ticket to our Customer Support team already. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to review your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Jeevan M Community Member

Hi, 

I'm not sure why but the "Apply" button is disabled on all the jobs. I was not inactive either. I had an active contract until last week. 

If I somehow manage to get to the proposal page and try to submit the proposal, I get this error message:

There was an error loading this page: error [7bcce5a59f0a26b9-BLR, 7bcce5a59f0a26b9-BLR]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Biljana V Community Member

You may try any of these: clear your cookies, change browser, change device, restart your Internet router.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jeevan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Juan L Community Member

Hi,

I recently got this message on my account Your financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment method on file. I updated my payment method to another one but no luck.

Thank You.

Brad L Community Member

Good Day -

I am completely frustrated with this message:

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

You can't contact customer support, I dont owe any money, I've updated my card.  It's extremely frustrating.    Anyone know how to fix this??

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

~Andrea
Muhammad Q Community Member

I was using Visa card of my uncle as primary billing method for my account. I got financial hold on my account and received no email about it. I appealed in upwork help center 3 days ago and the Upwork team member replied 2 days ago saying she is researching the issue and then will let me know. I just found out that VISA card of my uncle was lost 5 days ago and he deactivated it. he forgot to tell me about it. I have already changes the card 2 days ago and told upwork help team member as well. Will my account be recovered? and How long will it take?

Regards,

Muhammad

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you are already communicating with the relevant team and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Muhammad Q Community Member

Sir it's been more than 52 hours now but no response yet from the team member side yet!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
Kashif Ahmed K Community Member

I have updated the payment method and added my card but my account is still showing suspended message. 

Your financial account -Kashif Khan (292737)- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

Kindly guide me what to do now. 

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths