🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelancer Plus questions
Page options
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Freelancer Plus questions

We recently shared that we are launching a 3 month run with 6 new perks in the Freelancer Plus program! If you haven't had a chance to check out our landing page and FAQs thread here. Still have questions? Please comment on this thread.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancer-Plus/tkb-p/FreelancerPlus

4/5/2023 update: The promotional period for the offer has ended. If you already have Freelancer Plus, you can request to take advantage of these additional benefits through the end of June.  Visit the Group to request access, please allow 24-48 hours for access to be granted. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancer-Plus/gh-p/FreelancerPlus 

221 REPLIES 221

Hi Vladimir,

I just signed up for Freelancer Plus, could you add me to the community group? Thank you so much!

rehman182
Community Member

Hi,

will I get these perks if I upgrade the FreelancerPlus plan through iOS app or is it just for subscription through upwork.com?

waiting for response on this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zia, 

Yes, you will get the same perks regardless of the machine you use to upgrade your plan. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rehman182
Community Member

Thank you Avery for your response. The promotional message is not showing on iOS App (Upwork Talent). Moreover, the subscription through iOS App is managed by the Apple; that's why I wanted to confirm that I will get the same perks if subscribed through iOS App.

Hi Zia,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you will be eligible for additional perks when you upgrade through Upwork Talent App for iOS. I would like to remind you that this promotional offer is applicable for Freelancer Plus plan upgrade until March 31st, 2023 only. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hammad727
Community Member

I have just purchased the Upwork membership plus plan, and I want a new client to be here on Upwork and where I get the benefit of a 0% fee charge, so how can I bring him here or send an invite? kindly guide

I want to bring my client on upwork he doesn'r have a upwork account yet

Hi Hammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To invite clients for a Direct Contract in Upwork, choose the Direct Contracts icon in your navigation bar:

759e32fa_0-1680095130460.png

From here, you can create and send contract offers, request payments, and cancel contracts, as well as view all your Direct Contract details.

You may check this help article to learn more.

Edited:

You can submit a request form from your Community profile to waive the freelancer service fee for any new clients you bring to Upwork within the next three months. After you submit the request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account.

~ AJ
Upwork

thanks

6735bc63
Community Member

I have freelancer plus membership but can't get limited time perks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsan, 

You can check this section of your Community Settings to gain access to some of the perks of the Freelancer Plus plan. You may also visit the FAQs on this page for more information on accessing these perks. 

~ Avery
Upwork
abdulrehman_s1
Community Member

Hi, if I introduce a client from LinkedIn to Upwork via direct contract link, so now I would have to pay 0% commission? Also, would Upwork provide escrow facility for that client?

Hi Abdul,

If you invite a client using a Direct contract, you will be charged a 3.4% payment processing fee. For example, if your earnings are $100 you’ll be charged a payment processing fee of $3.40 USD. You are not charged a freelancer service fee, only the 3.4%. Clients are charged low fees.

If you upgrade to the Freelancer Plus plan before March 31, 2023, you get our promotional offer to enjoy a 0% service fee when you bring new clients to Upwork. To invite your client with a 0% service fee after upgrading to the Freelancer Plus plan, you can submit a request form from your Community profile to waive the freelancer service fee. This is applicable to any new clients you bring to Upwork within the next three months. After you submit the request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account. Check out our landing page and FAQs thread here for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your kind response, please could you tell how things will  be for me and those who are already plus members.

e3727018
Community Member

I've subscribed to Freelancer Plus for the first time and I have some questions related to that.

1. How can I contact support via Gmail for one-to-one coaching?

2. How can I read my competitor's proposal?

3. How can I attend weekly Upwork coaching office hours?

4. If I have used 60 out of 80 connects and the next when I'll subscribe for Freelancer Plus, will my new connects be 100 including 20 of last month or a total of 80?

Hi Shahzada,

Congratulations on subscribing to the Freelancer Plus plan! I have mentioned the answers to your questions below:

1. For one-to-one coaching, you can opt into coaching inside of your Community profile. Once opted in, you will receive an invitation to connect with one of our Upwork coaches via email. Once you’ve signed up, one of our coaches will reach out to you via email. 

2. Just to clarify, you cannot read your competitors' proposals but you will have access to check their bids on job posts. When viewing a job post, scroll to the Activity on this job section. There, you will see the bid range, which includes the high, average, and low bid amounts.

3. You can use the same link shared above to connect with our coaches for weekly Upwork coaching office hours.

4. You’ll get 80 Connects per month (70 included with your plan purchase, and 10 FREE from Upwork!). You can roll over up to 200 unlimited numbers of unused Connects every month. Connects will be valid for one year from the time they are credited to your Upwork account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Pradeep, I just signed up for the Freelancer Plus plan yesterday. I have 297 connects in total now. Tomorrow will be another month, so My connects will be 200 from tomorrow. 😳

Hi GuYan,

Apologies for the confusion. I would like to clarify that you can roll over all available Connects to the next month until they expire, which is one year from the time they are credited to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5aed8f4a
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community !

Recently I have purchased freelancer plus program (1. screenshot attached).

But after viewing the "Setting" section there is nothing for freelancer plus program on "Membership & Connects" also ( 2. Screenshot attached).

Please help me to get the right things for my account.

Thanks,

Saiful Islam.

Hi Saiful,

I checked and see the option have appeared in the meantime and are available on your. Please do follow this link and you should be able to access the new perks.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for your kind information. But the main issue is I can't access my profile by the custom profile url and there is no others benefits as described on the freelancer plus program.

Is it takes time to active on any profile or others thing happening ?

nkeagles
Community Member

Hi Stan, how can we get assistance from the experts? I have upgraded the membership and need guidance from the subject matter expert to excel on Upwork. Please let me know, how can I take advantage of this huge opportunity.

Noman Javed

Hi Noman,

Congrats on selecting the Plus membership plan! You can request a coaching session in the Freelancer Plus section by following this link. You can also participate in group discussions and register for the upcoming Vibes session shared in this post

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you so much for providing me with this valuable information. I have requested the coaching session and will definitely connect with the group. Thank you once again, I really appreciate your help!

- Noman

Noman Javed
shawnvw
Community Member

This thread will have a lot fewer repetitous questions if you add these to the "Discover Freelancer Plus" page.

- This program is to test the usefulness of these new perks, so they will be offered only during this three-month period. (The 0% service fee will remain in effect for the clients you've signed up.) We may bring the perks back (and introduce new ones) in the future.

- The program is open only to new Freelancer Plus members (and existing members who ask us nicely here to be enrolled).

68041bf7
Community Member

how do i ?

bddff82c
Community Member

Hello,

Please forgive any ignorance or redundancy on my part with this question. I have been a Freelancer Plus member for six months. Just this Tuesday, I received a message that I had been "ranked up" to Freelancer Plus. It says that if I can't access the tab after 48 hours to contact support. I'm reaching out for any insight. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Maureen

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'll add you into the Group to get access Maureen.

bddff82c
Community Member

You're the best, Stan. I got it!

rehman182
Community Member

Trying to upgrade plan but receving this error.

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

how much time it will take? today is last day and I am unable to upgrade to FreelancePlus.

itahir1710
Community Member

How to access perks and how to know whether one got the perks or not? I upgraded to plus about an hour ago. How would I know whether I got the perks or not?

Tahir
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tahir, we'll get you added in shortly, you'll receive a notification/email.

itahir1710
Community Member

Ok. Thanks 👍

Tahir
ms12shah
Community Member

hi, i subscribed today -- am i eligible to get new perks of the freelancer plus.... i am planning to bring somof my clients to this platform.

ms12shah
Community Member

if yes please , let me know the method to get the referal link for sharing to my clients.

0e92f649
Community Member

hey @upwork

I joined plus member before 31 March can anyone tell me Which is the Plus members group. I Had few question I would like to discuss with Plus members community

05b3225f
Community Member

Hi 

You can check this section of your Community Settings to gain access to some of the perks of the Freelancer Plus plan. You may also visit the FAQs on this page for more information on accessing these perks. 

~
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

divine_code
Community Member

Hi, I upgraded my plan to Freelancer Plus and I want to get the 0% service fee when I bring my new client to Upwork. How can I get a link for that?

Hi Amine, 

You can submit a request form from your Community profile to waive the freelancer service fee for any new clients you bring to Upwork within the next three months. After you submit the request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths