🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

445 REPLIES 445
4b664b7f
Community Member

I've tried many times to contact the live agent on Upwork, unfortunately, i can't. Would you please assist me in creating a support ticket on Upwork or have a chitchat with an agent, so i can resolve my issue. As i'm top-rated freelancer, I want to remove one contract feedback from my profile ( “JSS Only” and “Hide from Profile and JSS”) Both. I'm sure i'll get assistance from there. Best Regards, Muhammad Zubair

Hi Muhammad,

I see that you already reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your feedback removal concerns. Please continue coordinating with the team through this ticket or your email; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
proumer
Community Member

Hello Helpers:

You can please solve this issue. When I try to get login to my Upwork account. I shows " This email address uses Google Sign-In".

I'm not able to login my account with username and password or email and password. 

Thank you 

Hi Touqeer,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
proumer
Community Member

Thank you so much

be4bdc35
Community Member

I am logged in on my Mother's account so I can post asking for help here. There seems to be absolutely NO way to log into my account and in order to get help with logging in, it seems you have to be logged in... I updated my e-mail address and now I keep getting the message " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." BUT there is NO other sign in option avialable. I have tried everything to log in. PLEASE can someone help me. I have a freelancer who is currently working and I won't be able to pay her once she is done as I won't be able to release the milestone! 

Is it even possible to directlycommunicate with customer service? Or does it have to be done through this forum? 

Hi Mary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing your account. Would you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be4bdc35
Community Member

Thanks very much, just messaged you. I didn't see the message in 'private messages' as sent but hope you got it. Please let me know if you haven't. Looking forward to getting back into my account. 

a7067d06
Community Member

I have not been able to login into the upwork platform since Saturday, Feb. 25, 2024. I have used three different devices. I have access to the desktop app which allows me to check my messages and time clock, but I am not able to access anything else. It says that I have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address. I have always used the google sign-in method since day one. 

Sharee V.

Hi Sharee,

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty accessing your Upwork account. Could you please tell us more about the error message you get while logging in to your Upwork account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
germancolino
Community Member

I can not acces to other account I have created. I used google sign-in when I created it, but then changed my email. With this email, the log-in widget tells me that this account uses Google sign-in, but the reality is that when I use the new email to do so, an error apperas on the screen: "You have not activated the google sign in for this account, please try another way". There is no other way. I have been trying to contact upwork customer support but it is impossible. I really don't understand. I need someone please help me fix this issue and get acces to my account again. Thank you.

Hi German,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6277afed
Community Member

Hi,

I used Google to set up my account and now I can't adjust any of my settings, change my connect settings or do anything.  I am being asked for a password which I don't have.  When I try to use my Google password I receive the error message "invalid password".  Previous forum posts have not yielded any helpful information and the chat bot is no help at all.

Would love if someone can help me find a workaround.

Thanks

Hi Julie,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jeanclacroix
Community Member

I'm trying to login to my client account.
using GMAIL says this account is no authorized to login with gmail.

I try entering my email and any password I try doesn't work.

I try changing my password and it says this account does not exist.

I try creating an account with this email and it says the email is already used on an existing account.

I try to contact support but there is no way to speak with a human, it just sends me some dumb unrelated articles.

Hi Jean-Christophe,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you. You'll receive an email and will be able to reply to the ticket from there.

~Andrea
Upwork
dccdcffe
Community Member

I am experiencing an error with google sign-in, although I have been using that method before. I had to make this account just to ask for help and regain access to my official Upwork Account. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this problem. 

Hi Nic,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
77fd3139
Community Member

Hi, 

My work is so time sensitive and I have been logged out of my account. I have already made a payment and i need to communicate with freelancer. 

Its giving this error "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account"

It is not under this email that I am sending from because obviously i could not log in from that email so i am communicating from a different account

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

~Andrea
Upwork
47156b4e
Community Member

I would like to add a withdrawal method and it’s asking me for my password however, I used a google sign-in login method and didn’t used a “password”. there is no way I could add a withdrawal method because it’s asking me for a “password”

Hi Ychicko,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
be4c1f8a
Community Member

I have created an upwork account previosuly a month ago but didnt completely fill out the details . Today I wanted to log back in and it didnt allow me to login. It said that I am using an account that can be opened through Google accounts and the pop up screen for getting google accounts closes without loading properly.

I have created this account for putting this complaint here. Please solve it fast!   

Hi Urvashi,

~ Joanne
Upwork
d15d8114
Community Member

I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am facing with my Upwork account. Unfortunately, my Google account, which was linked to my Upwork account as a connected service, has been disabled. Due to this, I am unable to access my Upwork account.

I have attempted to recover my Google account without success. As a result, I am reaching out to you for guidance on how to regain access to my Upwork account or if there are alternative solutions available.

Certainly! It seems you're experiencing difficulty accessing your Upwork account due to your linked Google account being disabled. To resolve this issue, you should reach out to Upwork's customer support team. You can contact them through Upwork's Help Center or by emailing their support team directly. Provide them with details about your situation, including your Upwork username and any relevant information about your disabled Google account. They should be able to assist you in regaining access to your Upwork account. Or what I would recommend is to try to recover your old Google account first. You can do this by going to the Google Account Recovery page and following the prompts to recover your account. If successful, you can then use that account to log in to Upwork.

how to reach them upwork help support

You can use the Chat with Upwork button on the Contact Support page to get assistance automatically from our chatbot.

Hi Hamy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
569b6f3c
Community Member

I registered and sign in to Upwork  using my Google account. Now I have forgotten my security question, but I can't reset it because the system asks me for my existing password, which I don't have any.

I can't reset my password either because I have never withdraw money from Upwork, I haven't provide my address or bank information.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Quan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a9c8f4b5
Community Member

I have the same issue 

Hi Elhusseiny,

- Pradeep 

Upwork
ee8103d3
Community Member

I am trying to do my W-9 as well as add my payment method to be paid for my first gig.

When I go to settings and click "tax information" I am prompted to "re-enter password"

My issue here is that I signed up through Google sign-in and that is not an option when it comes down to "re-enter password" 

Please help! It will not allow me to login with email and password because of this.

Hi Angel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with your Google sign-in concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
682ee6c2
Community Member

I login using my email but it redirects to google SSO. However, since I never activated it of course it won't go through. But it doesn't let me enter my password either. There's no other option but to login using google which doesn't work. I had to create another account just to post this.

Hi Tina,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7effe2dc
Community Member

I need to change my first name. Upwork asks me for my password, but I do not have one. I signed up with google. So upwork does not offer the verification with google. What to do ?

Hi Yauheni,

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths