🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

432 REPLIES 432
39f6353e
Community Member

Hi Andrea! If you could help me, I've been heaving the same issue. 😞

Hi Camila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7283bf89
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team! 

I've always signed in to Upwork with my Google Account, so I never use a password in Upwork because is linked to my Google. When asked for the password what should I write, Google password is not getting in. Help, please! thanks 

Hi Cecilia,

I saw that you already submitted a support ticket to our team, and one of our agents has updated your ticket with more information. Please check your ticket here and feel free to respond. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bd3ca77e
Community Member

Had to create another account to get some help. When I try to login, I get the followoing where I have to click the continue with google button and there is no option to login with my password. 

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 3.32.00 AM.png
Then I click the button and I get this error.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 3.32.15 AM.png

 I have already deleted my cookies. Please message me privately so I can give you the email to access my other account please. Thank you.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1bcdc05f
Community Member

I have had an account registered with email **Edited for Community Guidelines** for a long time and have purchased the plus package. Now when I log into the website it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". I also tried resetting my password but it didn't send me an email! Please support me. I have no way to contact you. So I created an account with this email to log in and create a topic asking for support

Hello Catlikesbest@nguyen Duc T,

I understand that you’re facing issues logging into your Upwork account due to the Google sign-in method not being activated.
It appears that your account is set up to use Google sign-in, but it hasn’t been activated for your email address. To resolve this, follow these steps.
Log in to your Upwork account using the email address associated with your account (**Edited for Community Guidelines**).
Go to your Settings.
Click on the Security tab.  
Under the “Log in with” section, look for the option related to Google Login.
Click the Enable button next to Google Login.  
A pop-up window will appear asking you to log in with your Google account. Enter your Google account credentials and click the Allow button.    
If you’ve also tried resetting your password and didn’t receive an email, here are some additional steps:
Check your spam or junk folder in your email account. Sometimes password reset emails end up there.
Make sure you’re using the correct email address associated with your Upwork account (thond@ndtvietnam.com).
If you still don’t receive the password reset email, consider reaching out to Upwork support directly.
Since you’re unable to log in, I recommend contacting Upwork support for personalized assistance. Here’s how you can do it:
Visit the Upwork Community Support Forum.
Create a new topic explaining your issue (similar to what you’ve shared here).
Upwork moderators and community members can provide guidance or escalate your issue to the appropriate team.

Best Regards,

Catlikesbest

Hi Nguyen,

- Pradeep 

Upwork
b628b13f
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Received this error and can't login through my account. Can I ask for help please? Tired resetting my password but there's no option to login through that. Tried using my phone as well. How can I get my original account back?

Hi Gabriel,

- Pradeep 

Upwork
cd9bf1ba
Community Member

Hello there,
I have change my account email. When I'm trying to login my acount with google sign-in I got an error as 

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

When I try to login with email and password I got an error as

"This email address uses Google Sign-In."

How can I login to my account again ?

Hi Hasan,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I see that you have already managed to sign in to your Upwork account. Feel free to message us if you still need any assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
e757fc1b
Community Member

While trying to log in with my e-mail I'm getting this error: Google account v...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Can you please help?

Hi Vardhanam,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We'll have one of the team members reach out with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mpedreno
Community Member

Hi. Every time I sign in to my Google account I am always redirected to upwork.okta.com. I am no longer connected with Upwork. I just want to sign in to my personal Google account. How can I remove the upwork.okta.com page? Thank you.

To save all your troubles, Just create an upwork  account

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while signing into your personal Google account. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Meanwhile, you can try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser. You can also try using a different browser. 

- Pradeep 

Upwork
f743b1b8
Community Member

I cannot access my upwork account using google login. When I follow the login flow I get stuck on the page that says "Welcome" with the button below that says continue with google. 

I am using an account I just created to open this support request

You can try logging in with the app or website

55dbac74
Community Member

I use a Google account to log in to Upwork. Now, I'm trying to get paid. Previously, I entered the password to confirm, but now it does not accept it. Then, I tried changing my password with forget password. I got an email, redirected to change the password. I answered the security question. I entered the new password then I got the error message  " Password Recovery Error." I have attached the error with this. It says "Upwork could not locate the information needed to recover your password. Please try again ". Can you please suggest to me, how I can confirm my payment using a Google account and change the password as it was working before?

Hi Sushil,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while accessing the Get Paid page. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
84347ec5
Community Member

I can't login to my account. If I try to login with google, it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.". So if I try to login with password, it says "This email address is using Google sign in".
How can I fix it?

Hi Viktoria,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance with your Google login concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
02a4b129
Community Member

I have created this account only so I can post this here.
I am completely locked out of my upwork account.

When trying to login via email/password, the page says this account uses Google login. When trying to login via Google login, the page says that this has not been activated in my account and I have to try email/password.

There is no way out of this roundabout.

I managed to reset my password via a link offered on upwork. No effect.
I have unlinked my google account from upwork via the Google Accounts page. No effect.

I have had at least 5 chat sessions with an absolutely unhelpful support bot on the upwork page. Absolutely, utterly unhelpful. Will not under any circumstances forward me to a human operator that could actually help.

Can please somebody from upwork support help me with this? I have ongoing jobs in my other account and need to access it asap!

Hi Markus, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with a chatbot. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the original account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
02a4b129
Community Member

Hey Nicolas. Thank you for your reply.

Clicking on your name does get me to your profile page. But I dont see an option to DM you in there

Hi Markus,

Could you please try again now? You should be able to send Nikola a message as shown here

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02a4b129
Community Member

Thank you for this. The message button does now show up. So does the messaging tool. But submitting my message leads me to my "private messages center" that remains empty. I dont think my messages are being submitted. I have tried this several times now across different browsers

Hi Markus,

I checked and can confirm that your private message is already sent. Please allow 24-48 hours for the Moderator to review and respond to you.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you PradeepH

I still havent been contacted of me being locked out of my account. It has now been over a week that I am unable to contact the people under my contract. I think this situation is completely unacceptable. How can it be that upwork is giving me zero support about an issuie that is clearly a technical issue that needs to be urgently resolved.

our login system sends me on a roundabout chase between email and google login. saying both dont work on my account.

I cannot stress enough that I need to get back into my account as I have ongoing jobs that I have comissioned with YOUR talents.

Please do get back to me asap and help me so I can log in to my account again!
I repeat that I have created this account only to be able to have some sort of line of communication as I cannot login to my account any longer because of upwork technical issues.

This line of communication is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienced. Every possibility for me as a client to you as a service provider has been eliminated. Only bots and help files are available that clearly dont help a thing in a situation like this.

Please do get in contact with me so this situation can be resolved

Markus, I'm sorry for any frustration this might have caused you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths