🐈
» Forums » Support » Hours under review by client
Page options
webdeem
Community Member

Hours under review by client

I am new to UpWork and would like to know following:

I have an hourly contract running. On my first week I earned $37 and its currently under review which has following toltop shoiwng "This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Clients have 5 days to review your work diary."

So here are my questions:
1) Will client has to clear my hours manually as he has 5 days to review and click some where to say yes its ok and release it or it will be automatically done by UpWork system

2) If client has an option to clear my hours which are under review manually then can I get paid quickly if client clear my hours on Monday or Upwork still hold my payment until next Wednesday whether client relase it or not.

I hope you understand what I am trying to ask.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Khurram,

Thank you for your message. I understand you would like to understand how do we process your earnings on the Hourly contracts. I will be happy to clarify this for you. 

Please know that all logged hours on the hourly contracts are processed as per the weekly billing cycle. The client review period runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until the following Friday at 23:59 UTC. They do not need to approve the hours manually but they can file a dispute during this interval if there is a problem. If there is no dispute initiated and the client's card is successfully charged, your earnings will become available 5 days after the end of the client review period. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths