🐈
» Forums » Support » Accidentally Remove my account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi Ell,

Hi Gracjan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for your closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I sent you the message so hopefully, we can resolve it ASAP. 

Thank You,

Gracjan

032ee203
Community Member

Good day!

I feel Im going in circles here, pls assist.

Cant login with my current email saying "...is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." I can't create a new profile under that email since it is already "in" the system and I cannot login because of that error.

So Im just using temporarily my wife's email here and the email I am currently using is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

I am right there with you in this "circle". Ill be sure to share with you here if I find resolution to my own post before hand.

Best of luck!

Makoto

Hi Joan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I shared your concern with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You may also access the ticket through the email you originally shared in your post. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33cd477c
Community Member

Hello,

I have an account that was migrated from another service years back and was never verified. I am now attempting to revive this account so that I may continue using my primary freelance email address associated with the account. However, when logging in, the account is noted to not exist. When attempting to create a new account with the same email address, the email address is noted to be in use. Please help.

Makoto

Hi Makoto,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'd be happy to look into it and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
33cd477c
Community Member

Hi Luiggi. PM sent. Thanks for your support!

4a14c2ab
Community Member

I deleted my client account, but it now I cannot access my freelancer account. When I try to log back in with my email, it says username not found but when I try to sign up with the same email it says accounts already exists.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
desiraeseals
Community Member

I closed my client account so I could use that email for a freelancer account. But when I try to create a new freelancer account it's saying the email is already in use. 

So I tried logging back in with that email and getting this:

"email not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

Can I get some help with this from a moderator? I can send you to email address. Thank you! 

Hi Desirae,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
aad6a3a9
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Team! I had an old account for the agency I used to work at, but now the situation has changed. I decided that I don't have any reasons to maintain that old account and closed it via Settings -> Contact Info -> Close Account. Now I have registered a new one which I am going to use as my main account and I don't have intentions to restore the previous one or communicate with it in any possible way. Could you please tell me if I've done everything correctly to satisfy the Terms of Use and if I am going to have troubles with this account (which can be mistakenly considered as duplicate)?

Hi Dmytro,

Freelancers are only allowed to create one account on Upwork and should not create new ones, even if they closed the previous one. Instead it would be best to reopen the closed account. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and assist you with that.

~ Valeria
Upwork
f9107470
Community Member

Hi,

I just subscribed freelancer plus package. I had also a client account and I wanted to close that one. After I closed my client account my whole account went missing. I cannot log in my account now. 

The only thing I did was closing the client account which I wasn't using and I wasn't going to use.

I cannot reach any customer/freelancer support.

I need my account reactivated and closed this new account. 

Can somebody help me ?

Hi Yunus,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
f9107470
Community Member

I did share with you on a private message.

3ccc555b
Community Member

Hi! can someone help me also, want to reopen my account

Thank you

Hi Mika,

I'd like to check this for you. Please send me a PM with the details of the account you'd like to reopen so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e88a9ab4
Community Member

I'm trying to create a freelancer account with my normal email address but I get the message that the email is already in use.  I was thinking that years ago I may have already created an account, so I chose "Forgot password?" and entered the email address.   But then I get the message that no such account exists with that email.  What should I do?

Note: I'm currently logged in on a spam gmail account I created.  I don't want my official Upwork account associated with this email.

Hi Mark,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a63b6b89
Community Member

Hi,

I have accidentally remove my upwork account and now I am not able to contact support.
Is there any way someone can help me to recover my account. 

Below you can find the lost account email: 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have created a new account just to post my issue.
your swift response will be highly appericiated.

Hi Abrar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message? I'll need to confirm some information with you about the closed account in order to be able to restore it.

~Andrea
Upwork
fd84044f
Community Member

Hey UpWork Team,

I was exploiring the functionality of a platform, opened and closed an agency. But now I want to open the agency one more time to work as an agency and invite my co-workers. Please, reopen my previous account.

Thanks

Hi Alexey,

Your Agency has been restored as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
fd84044f
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea

b6d2000d
Community Member

I'm trying to reopen an account that I closed, but I can't use the same email. It says that "This email is already in use".

Hi Mikkel,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
30857a44
Community Member

Hi. I need help to recover my old account. I accidentally closed it and created a new one because I can't open the old account.

Is there any way I can have my old account back? 

Hi Janine,

Can you please send me the details? You can send me a private message by clicking my name.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

Done sending you a message. Please check your inbox. 

8b2a3e3e
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem here. I closed my account accidentally, and I just made a new account to reply here and recover it. Would you please help me also?

Hi, I accidentally closed my upwork account minutes ago and I'm struggling because I can't log in again. I just made a new account here since I need assistance. Would you help me resolve it?

Ps. I don't have any violations here in upwork, and I accidentally closed my account. 

Hi Lois,

I have checked your account and it looks like you've already reached out to our team with your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your account along with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5f63940d
Community Member

I created an account and used my personal email to register years ago, but when setting up my account again , Ive noticed that it was set up as a customer account. I want to work as a freelancer, so I deleted my account and then tried to create a new account with the same email. Now it won't let me create an account with my personal email address. So i created a new email and used this as my sign up account to have an access on upwork, but i want to use my personal email and delete this one. Please help me.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Just for clarity, if you wish to use Upwork as a freelancer and a client, you can do so from the same account, you don't need to have a separate account for each of your profiles. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5f63940d
Community Member

I already sent you a PM. Kindly check and assist me. Thank you

9d781bda
Community Member

hello. i have created this new account to write down my issue. i want to register with my email but it says that it's in use. when i try to log in with it i says that upwork could not recognize your email. months ago i have registered with that email but after i deleted my account. now i'd like to register again with that email

Hi Giorgi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email adress you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9d781bda
Community Member

I messaged you. Please check inbox

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths