🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
185355fb
Community Member

I recently tried reopening my old Upwork account but was not able to. I created this one to find out what steps I need to do in order to get my old account back. Any help would be appreciated! 

Hi Chaenel,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account that you wish to reinstate? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
5aa6203b
Community Member

I want to get back my account.

Hi Pattern,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
88c4badc
Community Member

I attempted to delete the client account I created on accident and ended up deleting the account entirely. I want to login/signup again with the original email, but it won't allow me to do either.

Hi Rose,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
usman_khair
Community Member

Hi,

I want to recover an account that was deleted by mistake. Please help. 

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
27774ef6
Community Member

When I create account it says "This Email is already taken" and when I try to login it says "Oops! Username is incorrect."

Hi Hamza,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
27774ef6
Community Member

Sent you message

50ad5ab3
Community Member

Hello, I would also like to request restoration for a manually deleted account. Thank You.

Hi Ronald,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you wish to restore? Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
334fad95
Community Member

I mistakenly deleted my account it was a whole new fresh account. No projects taken, no payment issues and now I want to recover my account as I cant make another one on same email. So kindly do recover my deleted account ASAP.

Hi Tejasva,

~ AJ
Upwork
2c350904
Community Member

I had an old account that I closed. I need to reopen this account please. I created a new account only to contact customer service. Please help me reopen the old one and close the new one.

Hi Yasmine,

~Andrea
Upwork
8bedda6b
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I tried to log in today with my account, I always signed in with my google email, and each time I tried it failed and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".

I tried to contact Upwork but you can't get help without having an account. So I tried signing up again. So I pressed the button "Sign In with Google", and this time the message was "That email is already in use on Upwork". (pic below)

So, you can detect it, but it can't be used to get access somehow.

So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Hi Ralu,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with? The email address would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
d5a6f780
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue plz help me too I've already shared details in PM.

Hi Minahil,

Could you please send the details to me instead? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Annie, I've sent you the details. Check out the PM.

Annie, how long will it take?

Hi Minahil, 

I responded to you via PM. Please refer to the message I sent you. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork
005d2319
Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to make an account when I had some errors when creating my profile. I accidently ended up closing that account and now I do not have access to it. I would like to have that account reopened and I would appreciate any help that I can get with this.

Hi Usama,

~ AJ
Upwork
401f6146
Community Member

I created the wrong type of account (client) and closed the account in an attempt to make a correct one (freelancer). However, when I tried to set up the freelancer account, I was told that my email was already in use. When I tried to sign in to the old account it told me the account doesn't exist. I made a new account with a separate email but I would like to switch it back to my original email without the unnecessary association with that now closed account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grace, 

I've forwarded your concern to the Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you directly through email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
b350eaf3
Community Member

Email id :  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Unable to login via google as username/email is not associated with upwork
Unable to login as email is incorrect 
Unable to sign up as email id already in use 
Plesae help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ab633449
Community Member

Hi,

I logged into Upwork a long while ago with an email that is no longer valid; I tried creating a new account with a better email, but now it won't let me go further since my phone number (which is still valid) is associated with the old email account. How do I go about logging in using my phone number to validate myself?

Hi Nur,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the account you need help with? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab633449
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to open another account because of forgetting my previous one. I dont remember which account is active and want to open a fresh account with my phone number. But System did not allow my phone number due to I had put one time to another account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But I prefer to open account with **Edited for Community Guidelines**and use that number

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Could you please help me with this ?

Thanks

Hi Nur,

thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b0e9ac5f
Community Member

Hi,

I deactivated my account (paired with email address X1) some few months ago. It was deactivated, it did not recognize my account, as it should have. But, few days ago, when I tried to reactivate my account, when I type the first email address (x1), it says that it is in use. I tried to log in using my old credentials, and it responds with "incorrect username". I had to make account using different email address (x2) and I am unable to recover my old account (which is tied to the first email address). How can I address this? I would like to reactivate my old account and everything tat comes with it...

Hi Dragan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b0e9ac5f
Community Member

Alright, hope that this fixes the problem

Hi, I already sent DM on Upwork Community to you on the same day, but no response. Did you receive the message at all?

Hi Dragan,

I would like to confirm that we did receive your message and we appreciate you providing these helpful details. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c4ffd1fd
Community Member

My upwork account was suspended in 2016 but i am not sure if  it was deleted or not  , I don't have any information of that account, if I open a new upwork account same name , will there be a problem??
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths