🐈
» Forums » Support » How can I report a bug in upwork?
Page options
niraj__rana
Community Member

How can I report a bug in upwork?

Hi Upwork

Can you please tell me how to report a bug?

Thanks

65 REPLIES 65

Today I faced a tiny bug - this time harmless. Notice the 2 closing curly braces on the screenshot:

shot-1.png

I think there is a mistake on home page of freelancers. There is extra braces at the end. pleaase see the attachment.

image.png

Hi Jaimish, Hamza and Ivaylo,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. I'll make sure to share your report with our team.

~ AJ
Upwork
studyhaider
Community Member

clicking the search option displays "NULL" as a search whereas it should display all the jobs posted on upwork

Hi Syed,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8a99e06e
Community Member

Hi, There is an error in the parsing of the Talent type on the frontend. In the picture below, you can see that the Talent type is "cfeui_job_ContractorType_296.Independent". 

8a99e06e_0-1666811939471.png

Hi Gaurav,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if it's still there and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9b20893e
Community Member

Contact support via private message.

e59da059
Community Member

First of all, what a weird way to collect bugs: adding on to an unrelated bug question. Second of all I found a bug when selecting a date of birth in the W-8BEN tax information field. Anytime I select a date it would be off by 1.

Hi Colin,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and reporting this here. However, I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

It could be that the moderators are collecting brownie points on your behalf, by reporting your bug through the right channel 😄

lateral_tech
Community Member

Hi 
Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour. I have a client with 600% hire rate. I think they hired 6 people for the same hourly consultation, or something like that.

lateral_tech_0-1669798203262.png

lateral_tech
Community Member

Hi again,
I have another issue - not a bug as such. The VAT prefix in  Northern Ireland changed at the beginning of 2021 from GB to XI. I tried to update my number but I am told that this is not valid. Could you please update your DB?

Many thanks

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your reports with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
lateral_tech
Community Member

Hi Annie
Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay - I only found this now. I have now also seen the support ticket, but it appears that they misunderstood my request and they are not going to do anything about it (the ticket is now closed and I can't even reply).
I am not sure what the implications are for having a VAT number starting with GB instead of XI and I don't know if the 'VAT Team' did anything about this issue (I doubt it). The problem is - to check whether the XI prefix works now, I have to delete my current VAT info and re-apply, as I did already before sending my original message. I will then have to wait for my VAT number to be approved, even if I am forced to use GB because XI is not accepted by the system.
As you can understand, I am not willing to do this again, and if the 'VAT Team' is not taking my request seriously, then there is not much I can do about it. 
To be honest I am surprised that there is even a 'VAT Team' and they are not aware of this change, which happened almost 2 years ago. Perhaps I am the only Upwork member with a VAT registration in Northern Ireland - it is well possible, but it should not be my problem.

Thanks again for your help

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the information provided in the support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can reopen the same support ticket by responding to the email notification sent to your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lateral_tech
Community Member

Hi Pradeep
As I said, the ticket was immediately closed and I cannot see any way of reopening it or sending a follow up email (please see attached screen grab - maybe you do?) Also, I never received any notification email (I am sure I received a badge for that though!)
Regardless, as mentioned in my previous message - there is no input required from me. You either want to update your VAT database or you don't. It is not stuff I am making up; it takes a 2 minute Google search to see that Northern Ireland VAT code was changed  from GB to XI at the beginning of 2021.

However, I would really appreciate if you could inform me once (if ever) this issue is fixed, so that I can make sure that my VAT registration number is updated to the actual code.

Kind regards

Giovanni

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And... right on cue...🤣

lateral_tech_1-1672423480773.png

Hi Giovanni,

Could you please check your junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there? You can also try searching for it by the ticket title.

~Andrea
Upwork
hopeleaf2020
Community Member

Small design issue.

Please check the screenshot.

hopeleaf2020_0-1676286159883.png

Hi Jaimish,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our engineers and they will look into this further. Additionally, one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7ade81c5
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 10.27.04 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-02 at 10.27.08 PM.png
Hey Upwork,
Today, I Just found a issue just like you guyz are testing the prod of upwork it first show the shimmer then it goes to Access denied that will some how effect the well manner amazing platform!
Solution:you have to add loader(not shimmer like this if has access then goes to this type of shimmer)  or you are calling the api just first see the response and check the permission if the particular user has permission then he/she can see the otherwise it goes direct on Access Denied page 

559f6a11
Community Member

Hello ,

The functionality to book a meeting slot on Upworks mobile app for iOS is broken. See attached screenshot. A user sends me a calendar link to book a meeting, which works fine on web, but on the mobile app only a non-clickable "duration" text box is visible. 

Would be great if this could be fixed.

IMG_7297.png

Hi Ruairi,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Please know that the latest update for Apple devices (iOS 15.6.1) is causing our iOS apps to not work in some cases. While we are working on a solution, you can delete and reinstall the app(s) to correct the problem. Let us know if you still need assistance afterward, and we'll investigate further for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d0139e66
Community Member

Hi ArjayM  ,I found a problem on this page. The customer's rating has 9 decimal places. Normally it should be two decimal places. As a programmer, I know the reason. Because the program needs to process the average score, multiple decimal places may appear in the process. the situation, but there should not be multiple decimal places temporarily, I do not use any browser plug-ins related to Upwork, I use MacOSX Chrome Version 123.0.6312.107 (Official Build) (x86_64), I think this is a bug and hope fix it becomes better.   

Jun. You

559f6a11
Community Member

Hello,

Another bug - there is no way to buy connects on the iOS mobile app for Upwork. To purchase connects I must log in to Upwork on my browser and purchase connects there. I don't know if this is a bug, or simply a missing feature. Can you clarify?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths