🐈
» Forums » Support » How can i delete or close my Agency account?
Page options
bf6d209b
Community Member

How can i delete or close my Agency account?

I want to remove the agency from my account but I'm getting errors while I'm closing the agency account,

I have active contracts in my freelancer account, I don't have any contracts in the Agency account  but the error says I need to close contracts, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Mohit,

If you'd like to close your Agency, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page, complete and close any active contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
0f4184c0
Community Member

Hi there,

I want to close my agency but when I click it gives me an error that please delete all proposals associated with this agency I don't have any active proposals and I delete all members as well. Can you help me close my Agency account 

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d70d8b58
Community Member

Hi,

I have registered for Agency and realized that we are not ready yet. Could you please remove agency from my account.

Thanks & Regards,

Srini

Hello Srini,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b6051c7
Community Member

Hello,

I want to close my agency account, but it is not working. I don't have any pending payments or contracts on that account. Please help. 

Best,
Sam

I think you need to withdrawn your work proposal on this account before you deactivate.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kire_t
Community Member

Hi been trying to close my agency for months now and it's still not closing even though all contracts are not active and I removed everyone from the agency.

Hi Kire,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
bd6af5ae
Community Member

Hi,

I am closing my agency as I have created it by mistake but while closing I am getting the error:- 'accountManagementDS', 'DeactivateOrganization', 'Organization has active sub-organizations'

Hi Sahil,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon here to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

same with me i am open agency few days ago  and now i am not able to close and display below error when click on close button confirm.

'accountManagementDS', 'DeactivateOrganization', 'Organization 1663113278670647296 has active sub-organizations'

i have try to close my agency  but not able to close its display blow erro can some one help to close with below error.

'accountManagementDS', 'DeactivateOrganization', 'Organization 1663113278670647296 has active sub-organizations'

Hi Binaben,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
603fce04
Community Member

Thank you

904a96c4
Community Member

Hello support team I am having the same issue it says I have a proposal open although when I try to delete it there is an error and it's stopping me from deleting my account. Will you guys be able to discard the proposal so I can delete my account ? 

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry you're having trouble closing your account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cfbbaede
Community Member

I am trying to close my agency account but it is giving this error
"Close all open invitations associated with the company"
When I press confirm nothing happens so kindly fix it.

Hi Sameer,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8237e7c3
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm trying to delete my agency, but I made a proposal to a suspended client and cant delete that proposal anymore.
I'm looking for a fix so I can close my agency asap!

Thanks,

Haydar

Dear Haydar:

In your case you can contact support team to resolve the issue.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support/ct-p/Support

Regards.

Hi Haydar,

I looked closed at your account and confirmed that your agency has been closed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
orburgel
Community Member

I'm trying to close my agency but I keep getting this message:

• "Close all open invitations associated with the company"

I have double chekced and I am sure there is no open invitations at all. and I'm the only member.

My message is a little different from this message:

Unable to close Agency "Close all open proposals associated with the company" but I don't have any 

Thanks!

Hi Orr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
0f0e385c
Community Member

We had a colleague that is no longer with us, our company has since expanded and was reaquired by new owners.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Our employee left us the details of his account, we tried logging in but it saying that there is a balance owed on the account.

Also it is saying that the owner of the account is not the owner of the agency.  Also the account is limited in such away we are unable to us support. Which seems stupid for upwork to limit an account in such a way that the account cannot use the support platform.

We need the agency page removed, I am under no obligation to pay a debt of an employee. The employee was dismissed due to not adhering to company policy

Hi Blake,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
markislandis
Community Member

Not sure what else to do.  I went to side where it lists team members and I deleted them all.

There are none left.

It just won't let me close my agency.  So, I removed my credit card.  I don't know what else to do.

Hi Markis,

I'm sorry you're having trouble closing your agency. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
balyanmalini
Community Member

Hello

can you help me close my agency account. I dont want it to appear in my freelancee profile. Please let me know how to do it. I am unable to access the agency account - since i have forgotten the username and password

Hi Malini,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
imfaizif41
Community Member

In 2024 I'm still figuring out how I can close my agency. I have removed all the members and closed all the proposals. It still shows the error "Remove all other team members from the company". It is very frustrating. Kindly solve my issue ID #46218268. Thanks.

Hi Faizan,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble closing your agency. As you mentioned, I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths