🐈
» Forums » Support » I NEED HELP WITH ACCOUNT SUSPENSION
Page options
f04c42ff
Community Member

I NEED HELP WITH ACCOUNT SUSPENSION

My account was suspended on 25th of last month while I was working on a contract and I have responded to the email that was sent to me. But I got a feedback on the email that my account has been PERMANENTLY SUSPENDED. I couldn't send comments in the forum with my suspended account so I had to use this new account to send the message here.

HERE IS THE DETAILED EXPLANATION OF MY ISSUE :down_arrow:
I was waiting to receive a payment on a milestone I completed on 12th of May which should be released on 26th. So I logged into my Upwork account on 25th of May and I saw a job invite for a Blockchain Developer (Crypto Experience Required), I accepted the offer because is under my career speciality. On accepting the contract and resuming the project, the client said that I should not track the hourly payment that he’s going to pay direct bonus. But Upwork specifically instructed freelancers to use Upwork desktop tools to track hourly contracts which I obeyed. Then the client asked if I have crypto currency while we’re discussing on the job description and completion procedures which I told him that I did because am an exchanger and crypto trader. So he asked me to chat him on WhatsApp which is clearly against Upwork rules which i didn’t do. I was about to report him before my device powered off due to low battery. On waking up the next day , I got an email that my account has been suspended and responded immediately with details of everything I was requested to submit. So after 24hrs, I got another email that after the review Upwork trust and security have decided to permanently suspend my account. Then after few hours after the suspension all pending bonus in my account was reversed. Please all I’m trying to tell y’all is that am very innocent to whatever accusations the client reported me for . I presumed that he knew that I was going to report him and he went ahead to lie against me before I could get the chance to do it. Please I plead that Upwork look into this and reconsider this action and reinstate my account thank you. Arinze Anieto from Nigeria.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Chukwuemeka,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f04c42ff
Community Member

when will th support help me. I haven't heard from any support team . 

f04c42ff
Community Member

Mu account is still suspended.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**  is the email linked to my suspended account. I can be reached out to through the email 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Chukwuemeka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you have an open support ticket regarding your suspension appeal. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths