🐈
» Forums » Support » I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile pic...
Page options
c6c7a244
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil so i didn't upload my picture on my profile, instead used a cartoon. Now that i know there is no way around it and i have to put my real picture, I'm trying to change the picture and i cant. I have sent upwork my verification request already with my ID and real picture. I'm scared of they will suspend me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hala,

To complete your Upwork profile and start submitting proposals, you must upload a profile portrait photo. Profile photos must be an actual picture of you. This is important for both verifying your identity and connecting with potential clients. Check out this article for A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture.

If you would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, please: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

306 REPLIES 306

Hi Iqra,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f6ed3ba9
Community Member

Hi I am a muslim girl and new to upwork. for profile pic due to religion restrictions I have to use a picture with face mask. But upwork is not approving my profile picture and show the following error message.
After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet Upwork requirements. Update your photo.

Can you help me with it please

Hi Izza,

I've applied an exemption to your account so you can upload your profile picture with a veil. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ AJ
Upwork
3fbd7b81
Community Member

I wear a niqab for religious reasons and have already verified all the necessary information through Upwork's profile verification. However, I would like to undergo photo verification without revealing my face in the niqab, as it goes against my religious beliefs. Therefore, I kindly request you to verify my account with a niqab-wearing profile photo.

Hi Rufaida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
129af75b
Community Member

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well. In alignment with my religious beliefs, I kindly request a religious exemption to be applied to my account, allowing me to upload a professional picture with a veil. Your assistance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Naima,

I've applied an exemption to your account so you can upload your profile picture with a veil. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your prompt assitance. I uploaded my profile picture, and it seems like I'm good to go. Appreciate your help:)

- Naima

632db302
Community Member

I'm currently building my profile.  I'm a muslim and I wear a niqab (veil) to cover my face when out in public, hence the niqab on my picture.

Could you please add a religious exemption on my profile so I may proceed with the rest of it? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Najmath,

I've applied this exemption to your account as per your request. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ Nikola
Upwork
a1a6adc0
Community Member

can you help me as well in this regard i can also not upload my profile pic as i wear a veil.

a1a6adc0
Community Member

please help kindly, i have spent more than 6 hours on the website trying to find a solution but i even didnt got any help from upwork help centre.

Hi Laraib,

I've applied this exemption to your account as per your request. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ Nikola
Upwork
632db302
Community Member

please allow me to fix my profile picture with covered face because i have religious background and i can't show my face.

Hi Najmath,

An exemption has been applied to your account so you can upload your profile photo as requested. Can you try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7848d54e
Community Member

I trust this message finds you well. I successfully submitted my government-issued ID card for verification today. However, there seems to be an issue with the selfie where I am wearing my niqab (face cover/veil). As a niqabi, wearing the niqab is a religious obligation for me, and it is not favorable to display my photo without it on my profile.

I am fully committed to complying with your platform's guidelines and regulations. Could you please provide guidance on how I can successfully pass the verification process while adhering to my religious obligations?

I appreciate your understanding and guidance on this matter. Please let me know the steps I should take to resolve this issue appropriately.

Sincerely,

Dr. Raziya

Hi Dr Raziya,

While profile photos on Upwork must be an actual picture of you showing your entire face, we allow certain exemptions for religious reasons.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7848d54e
Community Member

Hello Luiggi R,

Thank you for your message. However, the issue remains unresolved. I attempted to verify my account by uploading a selfie, but it indicates "face not detected." I appreciate your time. Thank you.  

I'm sorry to hear the issue persisted, Dr Raziya. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7848d54e
Community Member

Thank you so much, Luiggi

7848d54e
Community Member

Hi! A quick update. The issue remains unresolved. I am still waiting for someone from upwork team to reach out to me, to verify my account. Thanks 

Dr Raziya, I'm sorry to hear the issue still persists. Support requests are responded to in the order they are received, and I can see that the team just recently shared an update with you via your ticket. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7848d54e
Community Member

Absolutely understandable, Thanks, Luiggi. I appreciate your help.

7848d54e
Community Member

Hi!

I had received email asking to click 'Speak to an agent' to resolve the issue. Unfortunately the link provided doesn't work anymore. It says, 'error'. I left the message through email about 8 hours ago. Still waiting for the response. Meanwhile, I am writing this here again as I have just two days left to verify my account. Thanks 

Hi De Raziya Banu,

We understand how important this issue is to be resolved immediately. Please allow our team 24-48 hours, and you will get an update on the same ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

We appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7848d54e
Community Member

Hi there, 

The progress is taking longer than anticipated. And it's frustrating. Even reaching out to an agent (as suggested to speak to) is so difficult and taking so long. And there is a time constraint for verifying account, which makes situation more difficult. Hope it gets resolved soon...

a424cf38
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

I'm reaching out for assistance with uploading a profile picture on the platform. Due to religious reasons, I need to veil my face in the photo. Despite attempting the provided methods for a religious exemption, I've been unsuccessful.

I appreciate Upwork's religious exemption policy and seek guidance or alternative solutions to ensure my profile respects my religious beliefs while adhering to platform requirements.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
R

P.S I have attached the screenshot. I can't seem to find the button specified.

Hi Rupali,

While profile photos on Upwork must be an actual picture of you showing your full face, we do allow for certain exemptions for religious reasons. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a424cf38
Community Member

Thanks a ton! I'll do.

36163e6e
Community Member

Hello dear,

I am a niqabi woman - face vield- woman and I passed through all the identity verification processes successfully except for the last step of matching the "passport face photo" with my current profile photo " the face covered photo".

How can I overcome this problem or even create a technical ticket to the customer support team in upwork ?

Hi Hadeel, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were already able to upload a photo with the veil. Could you please clarify if you want to upload a new photo? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
28b360ac
Community Member

I am a Muslim girl and I cannot upload my picture. Please approve my account

Hi Nadia,

While profile photos on Upwork must be an actual picture of you showing your full face, we do allow for certain exemptions. I've applied this exemption to your account as per your request. Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?
~ Luiggi
Upwork
28b360ac
Community Member

i have to upload which picture i have already upload in veil

bukhari-syeda_aa
Community Member

i don't want to show my face due to religious and personal reasons. can you approve my profile picture kindly?

Hi Syeda Aamna,

I've added an exemption to your account. You may try and upload a profile picture with a veil. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee425427
Community Member

Hello! I tried adding a new USD payment account with the name “Comfort Abu” to my Upwork account and the payment method was automatically deactivated with the caption “name mismatch”.

The verified name on my Upwork account is Olayinka Comfort Abu. How do I get this resolved?

Hi Comfort,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d92fd212
Community Member

Hi Dear'

I can't upload profile picture of mine because i wear veil thats why i'm unable to do this.

And another problem is Change of my Adress in setting is not working Whenever i tried to change my adress it shows an error.

Please solve all these ussues

Hi Ayesha,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try uploading your profile picture with veil now? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths