🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Hi Nesrine,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Upwork account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
010e4e4f
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as the other people in the thread. I submitted my identification 4-5 days ago and I'm still waiting. I just got an e-mail telling me my account is going to be suspended in 24 hours unless it's verified so I need this resolved as soon as possible. What do I do if it doesn't make it on time?

Thanks,

Skylar

ec4ce521
Community Member

problem is that! I try to submit Government id verification. but I saw they wrote We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day. but I received an email from Upwork. they said to me we suspend your account in 24 hours as well as If we do not receive your identity verification Upwork will be forced to suspend your account. but I already submitted a government id card. and I can't submit again government card because they nothing showing the option again.

ec4ce521_0-1671355305882.png

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
58ffd316
Community Member

Hello! 

I sent my ID card and selfie for verification 3 days ago. However I am still receiving messages from Upwork that ask me to verify the account, otherwise my it will be suspended this Monday. There is written that verification takes up to 3 days. Is it okay that mine takes so long or is there a problem with my ID?

(I attach the screenchot of how it looks like)msg1882598642-66084.jpg

Hoping for a quick response,

Maria Berman

Hi Maria,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
02bb0527
Community Member

Hello, I've sent my postal ID, selfie and info for verification for atleast a week now. The first time they rejected it because it was something about my profile not matching my ID and selfi? So I changed it and sent it again. But earlier today I got an email saying that I only have 24 hours left before they suspend my account if I don't get my identify verified I risk getting my account suspended. Can anyone help me?

Hi Elvin,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
063eb958
Community Member

Hello, I’ve submitted my ID to verify my location but unfortunately my account is on hold. I’m the owner of the account and I submitted my real ID. Please how can i go about this, it is very urgent

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Favour,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
d74bc9aa
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue, it's been more than 48 hours since I uploaded my ID, and my account will be suspended in few hours, support has not replied me for the past 2 days

Hi Obiajulu,

~ AJ
Upwork

Building profile is not my issue, I have been submitting documents for verification for past one week now and it has not been reviewed, support does not reply and my account will be suspended in few hours.

Hi Obiajulu,

Thank you for following up and clarifying. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi! can you help me regarding with my account. I already submitted my IDs and selfie for verification but there still a note saying i have to verify my account at this day to continue winning jobs? what do i do? will my current job be removed? thank youu

Hi Cruz,

I can see that you recently submitted your documents for verification, and they're currently under review. Kindly allow more time for the review to complete; the team will let you know if there's anything else you need to do on your end.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
frencruz
Community Member

will account be put on hold? im really worried i hope it wont. thank you

Hi Cruz,

I understand your concern. The account will not be placed on hold since you have already uploaded the documents. Feel free to message us if your account is not updated after 72 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1c32d153
Community Member

I think it must be more than a week by now. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Dion,

~ AJ
Upwork
7e039975
Community Member

I submitted my id card and selfie as asked 3 days ago. But, it is pending. People are saying that Upwork account verification takes 3-5 minutes. But, in my case, it is taking a long. What's the problem? Any solution?

Hi Mst Safia,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
1584458e
Community Member

I have only 48 hours and my account will get suspended, I need my id to get verified before that and also I think I added th wrong birth data 

Hi Shahd,

Also, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
1584458e
Community Member

I contacted support and there's no responed, My Id didnot get verify becuse of my wrong birth data so please I need a selution

Hi Shahd,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update on the same ticket here momentarily. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have concerns or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
86d42abf
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."  How long it take? 

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
86d42abf
Community Member

Hi, i submit my national id and it is underview but upwork sending me email to submit id. there is no option to submit id again i attach screenshot. When i submit id there is no further option for visual verification. I have 24 hour to sumbit id but when i go to submit, it is showing your id is underview what can i do now?????

9c73c123
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."  My account is currently private and due to this, clients cannot find my account or I cannot change it to public till my ID verifies.

I've submitted my ID for verification 2 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."  My account is currently private and due to this, clients cannot find my account or I cannot change it to public till my ID verifies.

I am having a similar situation as my status is saying we are reviewing your identity but I'm  getting an email to say my account will be suspended within 24 hours because it is taking too long.

Can someone help me please?

Hi Dian,

~ AJ
Upwork

I thank you Annie

Hi Nimuthu,

~ AJ
Upwork
4a7031cd
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Hi Victor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pagePlease consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4a7031cd
Community Member

Yes, but before I got the agents response I had already resubmitted the identification document I submitted first, is there a way to rectify that please because my verification is due in two days 

About 72 hours or more Victor so I have read elsewhere in this thread.

4a7031cd
Community Member

Hello

I'm having issues as regards my verification, I submitted my documents 3 days ago only for me to resubmit it today, I don't know what's going on and my due date is getting nearer. Please help me 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths