🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

626 REPLIES 626

Hi Prabal,

I checked and can see that your verification has already been completed. Could you please refresh your Identity Verification page to confirm? Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
09d60211
Community Member

My Identity Verification is pending from long time and it has been stuck at this. please i need help.

i have to verify before tomorrow so that my account will not be on hold.

i submitted my passport for verification. please i need help on this. i will be very grateful for any help rendered.

Hi Esther,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that If the system rejects your ID, the submission is denied. Kindly consider submitting another alternate valid government-issued ID. You may refer to the email sent by our review team for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

I can also see that you've responded to their email and submitted a follow-up for further assistance. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members once your account is thoroughly reviewed. In the meantime, p
lease check this help article for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
68d91072
Community Member

I'm facing a problem with verifying my account with id card and visual

It's took 4 days now, but there are information in the verification page thats tells the verification with id takes from 1-3 business day, and 1 business day with visual verification.

I want to add something also that there are no option for id card in Egypt, but i saw a reply from moderator that tells its okay to add the local id card so you have a team for that.

What should i do now?!!

IMG_20231220_140635.jpg

I would to say that is the account is verified right now thanks :full_moon_face:

47bf8f08
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue. Can anyone assist with my verification?

Hi Lalvikas,

I can confirm that your verification is now completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5d949cd0
Community Member

Hello I am having the same issue and I need to do a job posting before the end of today this issue is more than 24hours now 

Please 

Screenshot_20231221-110152.png

Hi Samuel,

I can see that you've been coordinating with the team handling the review about the status of your ID Verification. We suggest you continue communicating with the team through this support ticket or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d949cd0
Community Member

Good day 

I have been communicating with the team and I haven't received a response from them at all.

I have complained that I need this just because it's an urgent job I need freelancers to complete

Please I need this done at least today

Thanks 

Screenshot_20231221-110152.png

Hi Samuel,

I am sorry to hear about the delay in responding to your support ticket. I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks 

Please their quick response will be very nice 

Thanks 

d653b668
Community Member

Hello,

I have submitted my ID for Visual verification.When I check on it or want to post a job it says it may take 1 to 3 business days please Help and tell me why it is taking so long

Thanks,

Hi Prabhjot,

I see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your account. You may visit the support ticket linked to your case here or in your email if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d653b668
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you." note. How long does this usually take?

6bf11d5f
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork and did my ID verification but it is taking so long and it does not say how much time will it take to review my ID are there any changes I should do 

any help 

Hi Satvik,

You'll need to complete all the steps to verify your ID. After you comply with the requirements, our verification team will review them and if in case they need further information, they will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6affa710
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue.
It's already been 4 days and I can't apply to any job because of it.
Note that is I  submitted an different ID from the country I live in as I am a member of the European union but I don't think it would be a problem or at least  I was hoping to quickly having someone asking for more documents.
Can anyone assist with my verification?
Thank you.

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep!
Thank you for answering.
I don't really understand why it was rejected as it was a picture taken directly from the app.
Well I'll try submitting again then.

Hi Pradeep!
My ID got rejected again.
Can I have a ticket or talked to the customer service to resolve this problem?
I think they don't like that my ID is not from France ( where I currently live) sadly I don't have ( and don't need one as a european citizen) to be here.
Thank you.

Hi Marie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
darkfox2236
Community Member

Hi! So I changed my address and now I need to verify my identity? Or verify my address?
The page is confusing so can you please help me figure this out?

I need to be able to bid on projects and I cannot because of this.

image 1.png

Hi Valeri,

You'll see that notification when there is an inconsistency with the address you entered on your account as your profile address. I see you submitted the additional required documents for this; please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you! Have a nice day 🙂

e91a18b5
Community Member

I am having the same issue! Need assistance as a client! I am trying to message my freelancer as we are in the middle of a project and am looking to hire another one for another project. Wish I could speak to someone on the phone about this too. Very frustrated. 

Hi Paola,

I have followed up with the team handling your verification and one of our team members will reach you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths