🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Hi Victor,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your ID review. They just sent you an email with more information and instructions on how to complete the process. You may want to communicate with the team through this ticket here if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a7031cd
Community Member

Thanks 

4a7031cd
Community Member

I got the verification badge.. I'm grateful

052845de
Community Member

Hello Upwork Support staff,

Please refer to the screenshot attached, I submitted my ID for verification today, but it shows the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days.  and under visual verification it shows " We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

How long does this usually take?

I would appreciate your urgent support in this regard.

052845de
Community Member

I submitted my ID for verification today, but it shows the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days".

please resolve this issue so that I can start working on Upwork.

thank you

almaz-sisay
Community Member

Hi 

My identity was verified but my location has been pending for 4 days now.

I have submitted all the required documents to prove my location and residency permit.

I am in the middle of a contract. Upwork app says my account will be put on hold tomorrow.

Please help me resolve this issue thanks 

Hi Almaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie.

70e162bd
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my Identity verification documents two days ago. It's not verified yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to verify Identity?

Hi Sakib,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

woul like to ask for your assistance regarding my id verification.. its been more than 4 days pending approval.. my concern is i have an active contract and i got an email tom. Is the last day for my id verification. Keep messaging here in the community but no one has been able to assist me with my concern.

hope you can help me.

Hi Kristel,

I checked and can confirm that your ID Verification has been completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02df915f
Community Member

I have been working as a freelancer on different platforms for a long time, but upwork is new to me. I completed a job and my client said he wanted to do another job with me. If my identity is not verified today, my profile will become inactive and I may miss this opportunity. What can I do to speed up this process?
Thank you, I am waiting for your support.

946da74c
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R

ID Verification Taking Too Long 24 hours almost
Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification almost 24 hours  ago , but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1-3  business day." note. How long does this usually take?. 

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process  ,please help me to fix it

fa1c6f19
Community Member

I have tried verifying my Government ID twice now. It starts off saying "It will take 1-3 days to verify your Government ID", but after a day or two, it goes back to "Continue" verifying your identity. Any and all help is appreciated. I've also attached a snapshot of the page that it falls back to.

fa1c6f19_0-1673930132176.png

Hi Umer,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
02df915f
Community Member

I have been working as a freelancer on different platforms for a long time, but upwork is new to me. I completed a job and my client said he wanted to do another job with me. If my identity is not verified today, my profile will become inactive and I may miss this opportunity. What can I do to speed up this process?
Thank you, I am waiting for your support.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 11.18.30.png

Hi Omer,

It looks like our team has provided details on what you need to do to get your ID verification approved. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
946da74c
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long 24 hours almost
Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification almost 24 hours  ago , but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?.  after geeting ticket from support i send them message but my problem but  did not get any response ,please help me

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process  ,please help me to fix it

karangu
Community Member

Kindly help me verify my Identity. It is taking too long. I've already uploaded my ID as well as took a selfie. Thanks.

Hi Evans,

~ AJ
Upwork

I am experience the same problem. Thank you!

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ea865c59
Community Member

Hi, 

I received this banner on my upwork profile a few days ago "Action required: Verify your identity by 02/04/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started."

I uploaded my national ID card immediately. It's been 6 days and I have not heard back whether my ID verification was approved or rejected. I have not received any email either. Can someone please help me complete my ID verification?

Thank you!

Their is need 2 type of photo ID verification. Hold on your hand the photo ID and click the picture. Then upload it. 

Hi Zain,

~ AJ
Upwork

Still no reply from Upwork, my profile will get suspended tomorrow. It's getting scary for me as I'm working on project which require continuous communication with my client. It's been 8 days now. Please someone get in touch with me asap. 

Thank you.

Hi Zain,

I reached out directly to the team handling your review and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
72e615cb
Community Member

Hello, I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days.Today I received a notification "Your identity verification is past due.". Please for intervention.

Hi Pawel,

I can see that the team handling your submission has sent you an email with more information about the status and instructions on how to complete the verification process. You may want to check this page and your email and please don't hesitate to coordinate by responding if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6a93706d
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification many times, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 3 business day."  Can anyone from upwork please check it and guide me.

Thanks and look forward for your reply soon,

Adnan

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
umutakpolat
Community Member

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification a day ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Hi Umut,

~ AJ
Upwork
brycekimmy
Community Member

Hello l have not heard from about id vertication l submitted required documents. But have nit heard anything. 

Hi Kimberly,

We're aware of the issue you raised and are taking it seriously. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Kindly check this page for updates and the team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue.

I submitted my ID for verification four days ago, but it is still showing "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." on my verification portal.

Meanwhile, the deadline for verification is fast approaching.

I’d appreciate any help. Thank you. 

Hi Arpan,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7e5780d9
Community Member

Hello support/community,

I hate to add to this long list of details, but I would like to know if I can expect a delay in the verification of my account as well. I fear that due to the deadline of Monday 8th May, most work days are going to be up for anyone to assist in resolving this.

I uploaded my drivers and completed the selfie information, I know other ID verification services have not had an issue with this, is there any other way to gain a status update on this?

Concerned as I have a current job with a client on here and don't want to just loose that due to a delay on third parties 🙂

Hi Reece,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and they confirmed you will need to submit a valid ID to complete the verification. You may continue with the process by clicking Get Started on top of your screen upon logging in or going to Settings> Identity Verification. You may check this help article to learn more about the documents required to complete your ID Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths