🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Hi Saiful,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't notified, I can see that your verification has been completed. If any further steps are required from your end, the team will let you know. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sirayhan_cse
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, Thanks for the update. But I don't find the verified badge on my profile.  There is nothing showing related that's my ID is verified or not. Please help me find this out. 

Regards,
Saiful

Hi Saiful,

Once you become eligible for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
n0krashy
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I have submitted my id 4 days ago but still on being reviewed status!

Regards,

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sifatul_rabbi
Community Member

Hi, I am Sifatul.

I have uploaded a picture of a registration card from my school for the verification process. The registration card doesn't have my picture on it. I wanted to know if the registration card is enough for verifying my identity?

I can't have my national ID before 20 days. But I don't want to wait that long.

Hi Sifatul,

Thank you for your message. Your ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address. You can refer to this help page to know more about acceptable ID documents.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
3476f756
Community Member

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent response.

Hi Mazim,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your account and the team handling your case confirmed that your ID verification is now approved. You should be able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile now.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I have submitted my ID but its still on the "We're reviewing your documents" status

Hi Stefan,

I have checked your account and the team handling your case is currently reviewing your ID. In most cases, we’ll be able to verify your identity which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to one business day. In other cases, we may need more information from you, or ask you to briefly video chat with an Upwork agent. Feel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello

Its been days and im still not verified

it says that I have till 23.05 to get verified.

I reuploded my ID and changed my profile picture so that it was me there, but something went wrong and now the picture is rotated, I don't know if that means something.

But yeah I need help.

What do I do to get verified??

Hi Stefan,

You'll need to update your profile picture before resubmitting your ID documents. 

Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.
~Andrea
Upwork

What about now

Its clearly a picture of me

and Im still not verified 

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for updating your profile photo. I've shared this with the relevant team and can confirm that your ID is now verified.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d8f80ce9
Community Member

Hi Andrea G, I need help, i still have few days to verify my account. I have already a client, Can you please check it, I already uploaded all the needed documents and it was already more than a day.

Hi Schenley,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie

I submitted my verification documents almost two days ago but it's still showing me it is still under verification. What could be the issue?

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and One of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Arjay M!

I submitted my documents for ID verification and it has been more than 36 hours and still it's shows verification under review. How much tume does it gonna take? 

Hi Atif,

I'm really sorry for this delay. I have reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up with the status of your ID Verification. I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile now. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
69269ea9
Community Member

Hello there

I have the same issue occurring with my verification process as well. Can you please help me out here?

Anticipating your response. 

Regards,

Qairatzhan

Hi Qairatzhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw an open support ticket. I suggest that you follow up with the team handling your ticket if you have questions or updates so they can properly advise you. You can access your support ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork
69269ea9
Community Member

Hello there i am Qairatzhan

I have the same issue occurring with my verification process as well. Can you please help me out here? My ID verification took 3-4 days and i can't be verify

Anticipating your response. 

Regards,

Qairatzhan

ugrazena
Community Member

Hello, I've submitted my ID about 2 days ago and sent photo selfie as well, but the status is still under review. Is that normal?

Thank you.

4a103386
Community Member

But i am not facing this problem, maybe I am lucky.

fbcffe1b
Community Member

Hello..I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day" If you can help me please. Thank you

Hi Sergio,

I have checked your account and there's already a support ticket created regarding the verification of your account. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
devlinks
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I also submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a6cf19c8
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue.

I submitted my ID for verification two days ago, but it is still showing "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." on my verification portal.

Meanwhile, the deadline for verification is fast approaching.

I’d appreciate any help. Thank you. 

Hi Blessing,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3a7f63f1
Community Member

I have same problem and support don't answer me, I need to be verified to get my paid, I hope fix this and I would be thankful for any help, I done this 2 days ago.

00_asiVoyMentoria.png

Hi Julian Andres,

I can see that you've reached out to our team and a couple of support tickets have been created with your concern. Please continue communicating with our team through those tickets for updates and further assistance. Let me know if there's anything else. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, 

submitted my ID for verification three days ago, but it is still showing "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." on my verification portal. By next tomorrow, I will be placed on hold.

Please help me review my case. Thanks

Hi Samuel,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I am experiencing the same problem.

I've submitted my ID for verification more or less 2 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. 

Looking forward to your immediate help and feedback.

Thank you!

~Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello!

I got a prompt to verify my identity by 15th of May - I uploaded my ID card and a selfie, but my verification has not been approved yet. The platform says that verifying the selfie takes between a few minutes up to one business day, it's already three working days and I haven't been approved yet.

I have an active contract in place and I'm afraid it might be disrupted due to my pending ID verification. Could you let me know how long it will take and what happens with active contracts if ID verification gets delayed?

Thank you,

Martina-Nikoleta

344d6a24
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue. I submitted my documents five days before but still didn't receive any confirmation/notifications. Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Tuyet

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths