🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
sumera-nawaz
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, My account has not been verified yet. Two days ago i have submitted my identification submit I did not get any email and still, i can see the notification on my profile that i am attaching screen shoot, Can anyone? Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sumera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f2710f9b
Community Member

My account is still under-review . so kindly approve my identity verification . kindly approve my identity verification as soon as possible

Hi Hanzla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7504b253
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to do the ID verification day ago but a message is still appearing " We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Learn more."

Help me to solve this problem,plz.

Hi Mohamed,

~ AJ
Upwork
bb69f468
Community Member

After one business days my account identity veridication is still underreview kindly approve my identity as sson as possible

Hi Humayun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed this up with our team. They've recently sent you an email regarding your identity verification status. Kindly check their message for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
jalil-mohammad
Community Member

I have the same issue, I have submitted the passport 5 days ago and they are still reveiwing it, there is no email or notification and upwork is still showing I need to verify , However I have only 3 days left for suspension.

7bf2a0a9
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my ID for verification some 3 days ago, but it is still showing "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

7bf2a0a9_0-1658214480571.png

Hi Hamdan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with our team and they are now reviewing your account. Please allow another 24 hours for our team to update your account. If it's been more than 24 hours without an update, please let us know and we'll be here to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey,

Thank you for replying. It's been 24 hours and I still haven't got any update. Please look into it.

Hi Hammdan,

I'm sorry for the delay. I sent another follow-up to our team. Please bear with us as the team is currently receiving an unusually high volume of requests. 

~ AJ
Upwork
neffervi
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, it's been more than 24 hours since I've submitted my ID for review and my account's about to be suspended. The visual verification is also taking time. Can someone help me on this?

Hi Nino,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should see the ID verified badge on your profile as a confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance. THank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0d1ad7ea
Community Member

Hello there,

I've submitted my government issued ID for verification a while ago, It is a downloadable pdf file given directly by government and I uploaded it as it is but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

My photo verification segment is also showing this segment. 

Your immediate response would be appreciated. 

Regards, 

Shahrukh Khan Akash. 

Hi Shahrukh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I sent a follow-up to our team to check on your uploaded documents. Kindly allow our team until Tuesday to review it as they do the reviews on business days. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

~ AJ
Upwork

hello there

the same issue going with me I've submitted my ID for verification couple of days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked with the team and you should receive an update in the next 24-48 hours.

~Andrea
Upwork
8abb2422
Community Member

Hello! I have the same issue. I uploaded all necessary files for the verification.
Location verification - "Customer Support is reviewing your document"
It is already the third day.
Could you, please, tell me what the problem is?

Oh, my location is verified now. Thank you! ❤️

delvirginia-jess
Community Member

Hello! 

I am facing the same issue. I've been waiting for a couple of days, and my client has paid me for my work. I would like to have this settled so we can do payout.

Thank you!

Jess 

Hi Jessica,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID verified badge on your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2095bb70
Community Member

Please I submitted my ID document and Selfie for verification over 72 hours ago but yet my identity still hasn't been verified and will be put on hold by Aug 5. Please I need  help on this.

Hi Nsah,

It looks like you've already reached out to the team and several support tickets have been set up about your concern. Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern. You can access your tickets on this page and I highly suggest you communicate with the team through a ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

its over 4 business days since I submitted by Id and selfie for identity verification and until now my account hasn't been verified. My account will be put on hold tomorrow. Please help out.

6cbcf959
Community Member

Hello upwork Moderators,  

I uploaded my ID verification via passport scan and also took a selfie using my webcam and it still says under review after waiting a couple of business days. I have an active client right now and I do not want to get my work disrupted so it would be great if you can resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thank you, 

Chris 

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry for the delay as our team are receiving an unusually higher volume of requests at the moment. I checked your account and can confirm that your ID verification is already complete. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
472fbcd4
Community Member

I had to verify my location. After that took 4 or 5 business days (!), I had to re-verify my ID. That took only a few minutes, but then the system asked me again to verify my location! What, why?

I am now waiting since 3 or 4 business days again and my account will be locked in 2 days.

It seems there are no binding SLA whatsoever in place - support is unreachable, but hey, I got to talk to a chat-bot.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
binkley-brian
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue with a delay in ID verification. I have submitted both my drivers liscense and selfie verification from my phone. Can someone assist in ensuring this is complete? The status continues to say "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day." 

Thank you for your time. ~Brian

Hi Brian.

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team and I am pleased to inform you that your profile is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e70f6f64
Community Member

Hi!

I have submitted my verification request two days ago and received no updates since. Can someone assist me with this?

Thank you very much!

Hi Joash,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello ,

I uploaded my ID verification via my National govt id and also took a selfie using my webcam and it still says under review almost 2 days.
I have an active client right now and I do not want to get my work disrupted so it would be great if you can resolve this as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Hi Md Ahsan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2289133f
Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've submitted my ID for verification few days ago and it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

Would appreciate your urgent reply to this.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Esraa,

The team has confirmed that they were able to check your submission! Could you please check if you can see your badge on your profile now?

~Andrea
Upwork
zak806
Community Member

I also can't get my id verified. It said it would take one business day, it's been a week

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths