🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Profile visbility
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
ef7ea99c
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I have submitted all the required documents for ID Card Verification. It was sent the same way it was instructed. Also, name, date of birth, address, and Picture match with the Upwork Profile. But Upwork has failed the verification.

One other issue I am facing is that Visual verification is also not been verified by Upwork. It might be that the picture on my ID card doesn't match how I look today because of puberty.

However, I have submitted ID verification again but there is no option of resubmitting my selfie. Please people help me with this stuff or else my ID will be blocked by Upwork if I didn't pass the verification till 30th August.

Here's what Upwork emailed me

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5fa7abb0
Community Member

I have created Upwork account today and can't see any identity verification option there. How can I get myself verified?

Hi Muhammad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
fe1efa6b
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

Just wanna ask some help to you guys! Im been created my account almost 3-4 months ago and try to send some proposals without even verifying my account. This might be some of the errors from beginners like me. I can't see any link on my profile settings for the ID verification. May someone help me to resolve. 

Thank you so much for the response and help. 

Sincerely,

Dennis Nungulat

Hi Dennis,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
8798f977
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I am new to upwork and when i tried to verify my account, Identity (ID) Verification tab is not apeared at all. I need your help

thanks

Hi Aschalew,

I checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
zdfonseca
Community Member

Hi, I was trying to verify my account but I dont have any identity verification tab on my Upwork account. I had my account since 2010 thats why Im wondering why haven't I received my verification yet. I just had my interview and before I can start working they asked me that I have to verify my account first so I needed it badly.

Hi Zyradawn,

~Andrea
Upwork
9489ec39
Community Member

I've submitted my national id card for identity verification on Upwork which is laminated.

In Bangladesh, our ID cards are either laminated or printed on paper. The one I submitted to Upwork is my real ID card. Our government gave this ID card to us Bangladeshi people so we can print it and laminate it and use it everywhere to verify our identity. Our government is giving a new kind of ID card as well which is called smart card. But that isn’t available to everyone yet. It will take a few years to be available for everyone.

Hi MD Ashikur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bda8f337
Community Member

Hi there! I have had my account for almost a month now and have yet to receive an email notifying me to verify my account.

I have my profile at 100% completion now.

What should I do to verify my account?

Thank you

Hi Eimil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
5b4fd0b8
Community Member

I recently got my first order. and at the same time Upwork asked me to verify ID.. i have submitted Government issue ID and also done visual verification. Visual and location verification was done in no time but Government ID is pending. 

is there any support member who can help me to get my ID verified.?

Hi Muhammad,

Since you recently submitted your document for review, kindly allow 24-48 hours for the review to be completed. The relevant team will reach out to you directly if you need to take any further steps.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5b297da9
Community Member

Hi,

Almost 2 days ago, I submitted my ID for verification, but the process is yet not completed. Upwork says that this process can take up to 1 business day but they have really disappointed me with this delay. Kindly, help me with it.

Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I've escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that your verification process has been completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5b16fffa
Community Member

Hello, I am having issues verifying my account. I can't seem to upload my IDs. 

the ID verification tab is not visible from my end. 

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
992663ed
Community Member

Hello,Everyone I am new to upwork I just recently signed up and want to verify my account.

Please provide giudance on to the procedure.

Many Thanks!

No your action needed now. You will be asked for verification later. You can not initiate verification youself.

Fill your profile and proceed works.

Hi Ijaz,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
992663ed
Community Member

Thanks for your instant feedback Luiggi.

All the very best!

075f0a11
Community Member

Hi Bethany I have a question regard goverment ID verification.

I am new to upwork as a freelancer and I attmepted to submit a goverment issued ID in order to write a proposal for the job, after multiple attempts and the photo getting rejected,I reached my maximum number of tries. I then realized that I didnt follow one of the guidelines correctly for submisson. 

When would the site let me atempt to submit the document again?

Many thanks 

Max

Hi Max,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jeschneid44
Community Member

Hi All. I have an issue verifying my identity and cannot find the help topic or anything similar in the help files. I really need to speak with a live person to explain my situation, but I have filled out many help tickets and no one has contacted me at all. I am worried I won't be able to continue on Upwork because of this issue, so please, if anyone could provide me a way to speak to a live person or if a support agent could reach out to me directly, I'd really appreciate it. I found some customer service number online, by the way, but it did not allow me to speak to anyone or leave a message except if I wanted a receptionist to tell me how to get help online, which isn't helpful at all since I already know I cannot find the help in Upwork's support files. I've checked repeatedly.

Thanks,

Jennifer S. 

Hi Jennifer, 

I've flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. 

For future reference, you can click on the three dots in the top right of your message. The drop-down menu has a "notify moderator" button at the bottom.

Hi Jennifer, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that you've been communicating with the team about this and several tickets have been set up. Please allow our team time to review the follow-up message you've submitted and you should be getting an update here or in your email. 

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c17ad797
Community Member

Does one need to get the account verified in order to receive payments from upwork ? 

779ba0b2
Community Member

Hey, so my id has expired and new id will arrive in 20 days. The deadline for verification is due in 1 day how do I verify now? Should i upload reciept of appicatio of new id card or what?

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like our team has reached out to you with the status and more details about your ID verification. Please allow our team to review your query and you should be getting an update through the same support ticket with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
459df072
Community Member

Hello

I submitted my id at 25th but its still on review.

Before identity verification, upwork requires my identity verification, and it took only 10 mins at that time.

But now its still on review for 5 days and today is last day of identity verification.

I hope you to solve this problem asap.

Thank you

Yaroslav

Hello.

I have submitted the passport 5 days ago for ID verification and they are still reveiwing it,

Today is last day for identity verification.
Urgent help would be appreciated
Regards
Yaroslav

Hi Viktor,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
e966d6f0
Community Member

Please reset my profile to public

i am really beginning to love this platform but you set my profile to private , i do have premium mumbership 

also you restricted my aacount i dont know why

i did nothing wrong

please help me Upwork 

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and I see there is a notification related to your account that requires your attention. You'll see a notification at the top of your account when you log in. Please, follow the link in the notification. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths