🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I NEED HELP WITH ID VERIFICATION changed
Page options
Roman B Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
Muhammad U Community Member

Hello, I've submitted my ID for verification almost 4 or 5 times, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take the due date is 30 Dec and today is 28 Dec. Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Adam N Community Member

Hi

I submitted my ID Verification 3 or 4 days ago and it's still in-reviewing. Today I received message that my account will be suspended soon, but I can't do anything
Can you please check about that?

b04ad2b6_0-1672223601879.png

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi An,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Shamel Aaron A Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello Arjay,

I'm having the same issues, I've submitted my ID for verification for about 3 days now, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. 

I need to veriify my identity by 12/30/2022 UTC, I'm afraid if this keep on any longer my account will be suspended soon. Would appreciate urgent support. Thanks.

Hi Shamel Aaron,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. They have sent you an email with more details and instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their message if you have questions or need further assistance. You may also check this page for the support ticket linked to your case.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Amina H Community Member

Hello !

Since I created my account, I have not received any job offers and i'm afraid that it is related to the verification ID budge , and at the same time I wonder why my account was not verifided yet, i did not receive any email verification from Upwork knowing that I have completed creating my account !i wonder why i can't find the verification ID item in my builling menu ! i tried to contact upwork supprot , they sent me a link when I follow the it there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

Hi Amina,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Amina H Community Member

Thank you for replying.

Katica M Community Member

Hello Upwork community!

I'am an opera singer, and vocal coach and I'am new to Upwork.

I've completed 100% my profile, but the mail for the ID Verification process, still haven't arrived. 

I wanted to ask, do I need to upgrade my profile, do I need to do something else so I can verify my profile, or I just need to wait?

Thank you in advance,

Katica

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Katica,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Daniel G Community Member

Hello,
First of all, I would like to appreciate your continuous support. I have tried to verify my government Id 3 times. I have sent  photo of my passport. But I am not verified. Can you help me please?.
Kind regards,
Daniel Guesh

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Yasal A Community Member

Hi there, my brother accidently provided his id as my verification (he was using my laptop and he thought its his account he changed the name and verified the id on his name by mistake) I need to verify it on my name how do I do it? Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Hi Yasal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Noor M Community Member

I need little help.

Verify your identity by 12/31/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Can someone explain this to me?

Hi Noor,

To help ensure a professional, secure marketplace that everyone can trust, we’re moving toward requiring all active talent to verify their identity. Once you’ve verified your identity, we’ll put an Identity Verified badge on your profile. The badge displays as a check mark next to your name. This lets anyone who sees your profile know that we’ve taken steps to confirm that you are who you say you are.

~Andrea
Noor M Community Member

Do you mean this is 12/31/2022 for verification?

Peter Benjamin P Community Member

I recently changed my legal name, and I decided to do same with my Upwork profile. I changed the name on my approval and it was approved. However, I've not been allowed to change my account. The new back account I uploaded was not verified, and I'm told to do ID verification. But there's no space for ID verification since I've done that before with I ID that bore my former name. I need help

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Muhammad A Community Member

Even after soo much trying and uploading about several time my Government ID card is not uploading on identity verification page. After uploading ID card Upwork says "it will take 2-3 Bussiness days for verification " but when i refresh the Page after 5 10 minutes upwork again ask me to upload your ID. i have'nt recieve any Email from upwork about declining my ID card Verification. Please help me Regarding this Thank you

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
Nailah R Community Member

i have submitted my id verification selfie and proof, when do i get verified?

it's been more than 3 days yet nothing no progress even selfie isn't verified.

Fayyaz G Community Member

Please don't exclude the weekends!
wait till Wednesday!
because business days means the working days

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Nailah,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that it is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths