🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
401cdd72
Community Member

Thanks Nikola.🙂

e402f564
Community Member

I submitted my Government NID. But it's not verified yet. Please help me!Screenshot 2022-09-12 220631.png

michelle-reyes_f
Community Member

I have this message on my account:"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." 

How can I talk to an actual person to get this straightened out?

Thank you!

Michelle~

Hi Michelle,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of the members will be assisting you further with the ID Verification via email. Feel free to coordinate with the through that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
25a5ab95
Community Member

I uploaded a photo of my ID and got a message saying that it couldn't be authenticated. There was also a hold placed on my account. There was no mention of how long the hold would be placed or anything. I tried to reach out for help through email but couldn't get a helpful reply from an actual person. Is there a way that I can still get my ID authenicated. The situation has been very confusing so far. 

Hi Abdullah,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you with a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
75890abe
Community Member

Hi, I need help. I already submitted my Id and did a visual verification last night. How long will it take to get approve because when I check it early morning, it is still pending. Thank you for answering my question.

Hi Kevin,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and one of the members has sent you an email containing instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Please don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6516ca72
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imran, 

The team has reviewed your documents, and they have passed the verification process. You now have the Identity Verified Badge on your account. 

Let us know if our team can further help you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
cd8e897c
Community Member

I sent my ID and the visual verification needed but my account hasn't been verified yet.

Can anyone help me?

Hi Nuradin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your verification. They will reach out to you if they need additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
gianinavulpe
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

I would appreciate an urgent response to this. Thank you!

Hi Gianina,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
8a5d1d66
Community Member

I signed up for upwork last week succesfully. But after sometime I saw a notification in my profile to complete the Identity Verification before 19-Sep-22. I immediately compleled all the steps; it verified my selfie verification right away but put the ID verificatin in review. Today is 14-Sep (3-days have passed) and it is still showing the same status of "under review" and I am only left with 5 days till the deadline. I am worried, I can't contact support to ask for speeding up the process.

What should I do?
How to contact support?
How do I know if there was a problem with the uploaded picture (I don't have option t reupload it)?
What will the ulimate consequences if it never get verified (will I still be able to work on Upwork and get paid)?

I am attaching the screenshots of the Identity Verification page and the deadline Notification on  my profile. Please help me, I feel nowhere!

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
4fdd9fa1
Community Member

Hi ,

I am very confused about the verification process for the Bank statement,Can someone help me out? Which statment is acceptable and how much old statement we need to add and for which months or we can add only for a single month as well

Hi ramesh I have the same problem for Bank statement ,I am not sure what to do,

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Please check my profile i have already upload goverment id and Visual verification complete.But not show verified bedge.

32793bf8
Community Member

I don't know why my identification is under process for the last 5 working days and Upwork didn't give me an explanation for this I left my job and wanted to focus on freelancing and now this happen to me I don't know what to do and where should I go

Hi Muhamamd,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
470cae1d
Community Member

Good afternoon.

I am unable to verify my identity and I see it's important to get jobs. How should I proceed? I have my ID and documentation that might help. Thanks. 

Hi Luisa,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
4fb9e6c7
Community Member

Hi guys.

I'm pretty new to Upwork. I just filled out my profile, added my portfolio and would like to start working on this platform, but I'm having trouble getting my account verified. I don't see "Identity Verification" in Settings, which was discussed in other posts on this topic.

Could someone help me?

You can start right now. Newbies don't verified asap. Upwork will contact you when verification needed, with all steps required. You can not initiate it.

Hi Alex,

I have checked your account, as Mykola mentioned, it looks like your account doesn't need further verification yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
4fb9e6c7
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for your answer. I would like to ask then, does the lack of Verification Badge affect the receipt of projects?

Hi Alex,

No. It will not affect your ability to submit proposals and communicate with clients to establish a contract. You can use your account as normal and again, if the team finds the need for you to verify your account, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1c952c48
Community Member

Hello,

Hi Abdul,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ebe8d373
Community Member

Hi,

It's more than 2 days of upwork still don't verify ID. But they mention they complete it within 1 day. Kindly resolve it.

Regards.

Hi Daiem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
30b7b7b8
Community Member

Hello,

i submitted my ID for verification a while ago and it still says "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 
how long does it usually take?

Hi Moosa,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
allaa-radwan
Community Member

Hi,

I've submitted my ID for verification a couple of days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Also is anyone else experiencing the same issue or is it just me?

Another issue is that I sent a request to make the profile public again (multiple times) for a month now, and no one replied back nor the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Hi Allaa,

I'll be following up with the team about your submission, you should expect an update soon. As for your profile visibility, I went ahead and reset it back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea!

Thanks for the help, can you also check with the team if there's a problem with the profile picture as it's the only thing that's still pending?

Many thanks for the quick aid.

Edit: Sorry I meant the visual identification selfie*

allaaradwan_0-1663249191608.png

My identity got approved yet my visual verification is still in process for the third day today.
Can you please check if there's a problem or anything that I can do to fasten the process before the verifying deadline?

It's the only thing holding me back from the fully verified state.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths