🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Allaa,

As advised, I have followed up with the team regarding your Identity Verification as a whole. Please allow some time for the team to review.

~Andrea
Upwork
20d6dcfc
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I hope you guys are in good health recently I changed my profile picture Upwork asked me to verify my identity as I did it's verified but I haven't got the badge that bluetick on my profile please help.

Hi Hassan,

I checked and it does look like your ID Verification Badge is showing on your profile. 

~Andrea
Upwork
82c31eb5
Community Member

Hello, Nikola, can you check my account, too?

I have waited for 1 day and still seeing this screen when click the "Action required..." links appeared..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Frederick,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola, I have reached out to the team handling your case and It looks like your ID submission was denied due to image quality. The team confirmed that an email was sent to you with details and further assistance on how to complete the process. Feel free to communicate with the team through that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
82c31eb5
Community Member

Thanks for your help , all the best 🙂

505810e0
Community Member

Hello, I would like to ask some help in this community. MY account is still not verified and I already submitted the list of requirements like ID and visual verification. Can anyone please help my account. It almost end of the business week so and my contract is still pending. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bermae, 

I checked this with the team, and they confirmed that they received your documents. Please allow 48-72 hours for the team to review your submitted documents. They will reach out to you directly through email if they need more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
505810e0
Community Member

Hi Avery, Thank you and hopefully they will approve it because I have a pending hourly project and it is almost end of the week. Thanks for responding to my post.

811b9d79
Community Member

Hello...I am Tiron madusanka.I have a problem.I have already applied for ID verification, but still haven't received it.It's been a day now.I think I did something wrong. Can I apply for it again?..Please check my account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiron, 

Please allow the team 48 to 72 hours for the team to review your documents. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you through email with more details. 

~ Avery
Upwork
811b9d79
Community Member

Avery..   If I fail, will my account be cancelled?      Why give a date for Id verification?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tiron,

Thank you for reaching out. It may temporarily be put on hold but once your verification is successful, the hold should be lifted. I noticed that you are already in contact with one of our agents from the support team regarding the modification that you need to do in order to get your verification approved. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread so we can assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Can you please follow up my verification. It states that 1-2 business days. Its Friday today and I have a pending contract and I cannot begin working since my account is not yet verified.

04061b52
Community Member

Hello, I would like to ask some help in this community. MY account is still not verified and I already submitted the list of requirements like ID and visual verification. It is almost end of the business days so and my contract is still pending. Thank you.

I have same problem

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mushtaq, 

I checked and can see that you have already submitted your documents for the team's review. Please allow the team 48 to 72 hours for the team to review your documents. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you through email with more details. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

Please allow the team 48 to 72 hours for the team to review your documents. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you through email with more details.

~ Avery
Upwork
e7dafc8b
Community Member

Please tell me. what is this? can`t verify my upwork identity.

e7dafc8b
Community Member

please solved this problem? 

send a attatchment please check this and solved it.

thank you.

Hi Rakibul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ AJ
Upwork

okey

d8218f8e
Community Member

Hello, I'd like to know how long it is going to take for my ID to be verified because it has taken more than 1 day now. Please advise

Hi Olemukhan,

I checked with the team and you should be able to see the ID Verification badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
4234f2cf
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Hi Vlad,

I followed up with the team and you should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
47c29710
Community Member

Hi,

I have moved to Cape Town, South Africa recently and signed a lease for one year. Thus, I decided to update my location, however I get very contradicting excuses for not being accepted.

1) First time (ID 36922334) I was told that the lease is not matching my name, when it has all my passport details that I used when signing up for Upwork. While here I go by Kate, which is a short for Ekaterina, I can see in the settings that it's also as how my legal name on Upwork is registered. I don't have any other name.

2) Second time (ID 36927313), it was rejected because "the document type is not acceptable" yet the same agent, lists down below a number of "acceptable" documents, one of which IS a lease agreement.

How is that possible? I did my best to relocate which was not easy, and yet I'm faced with a very odd and contradicting reception and no one in the ticket thread is replying to me.

Hi Kate,

I checked with the team and they will be updating you directly via support ticket in order to clarify. Apologies for the confusion.

~Andrea
Upwork
47c29710
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I did recieve the reply and now its a 3rd one with and extra layer. Now I'm asked to provide a notarized version of the lease agreement, and it's even stated in the brackets as "notorized" in the new list, although it wasn't there before and is NOT stated here as well - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Location-Government-ID-Verification

Is this is a game where you change the rules on the go? This really feel very discriminative, I wouldnt say that but changhing minds each time three(!) times in the row surely feels like it.

608780f0
Community Member

Can I still receive an invites even if my account is not yet verified? Thanks

Hi Jejomar,

Thank you for your message. Yes! You can submit proposals and receive invites from potential clients even if your account hasn't been verified yet. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
aliasadurrehmann
Community Member

Hello,

I have submitted the Governmebt ID verification process. It is been 3 days from now but it is still in pending. How long I expect to wait for this verification complete?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, thank you!

Hi Ali Asad,

I'm sorry about the delay. Our team is experiencing some delays due to a high volume of verification requests, but rest assured that they are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I have also followed up with our team. Thank you for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7047a356
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification 28 hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day"

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Thank You

Hi Raifun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
60513d0d
Community Member

I have no ID verify section/option on my profile settings. How to verify my ID? Thanks

Upwork will contact you when verification will be needed with all steps provided. You can not initiate it yorself.

ae57ff59
Community Member

when do I get verified? it has been too long. I have been working hard to earn trust among clients, if I get a verification badge after I get verified it helps a lot. so please please send me a verification request.

ae57ff59_0-1663445413299.png

Hi Cent,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ae57ff59
Community Member

thanks luiggi R,

how long does it take to get a verified badge

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths