🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Cent,

I am unable to give you the exact time for the Verified badge. Our team will reach out to you when they need you to verify your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kayezyra
Community Member

kayezyra_0-1663481588339.png

Hi Kaye,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
bf1b5854
Community Member

Hi there,

I can't find Identity verification option in the profile settings. I want to verify my indentity but unfortunately it is not there settings option verification so please help me 

Thanks

Hi Hamse,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9dee6ee5
Community Member

Hi,

Recently my agency invited me to join Upwork as an agency member after I had created the account there is red alert message appeared called (Identity (ID) Verification) and when I clicked on Get Started button popup opened in shows the name of our agency manager.

I have tried many times but it doesn't work I have removed myself from an agency member and tried again but it is still showing the manager's name.

Seems like it locked the name of my manager and I didn't see any way to change the name on the identity verification form.

How can I put my name on the identity form for verification?

Regards

Umm e

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Umm,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3af00ceb
Community Member

Not appear link in the profile settings to iniciate iD verification.

Anyone can help me?

Tanks.

Hi Gustavo,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mohannadalaa
Community Member

My identity verification is taking more days than mentioned any help ?

Hi Mohannad,

I can see that your review is still in progress. Kindly allow more time for the review to complete. The team will let you know if you need to take any further steps.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mohannadalaa
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi

Thanks for your replI have a question, am i able to apply for jobs in the review time or u have to wait for it to be ended

c2884d34
Community Member

Hi,

My I.D. card has expired, which I added to verification, but I got renewed Id. So, my question is, do I need to re-add this new identification card for verification, or not?

Thanks and regards,

Kamran

Hi Kamran,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c2884d34
Community Member

Okay! thanks

chrismax1
Community Member

When I try to send proposals I am asked to verify identity but it takes me to blank home page saying page not available. Please assist.

Hi Odeh,

I checked your account and it looks like one of our agents reached out to you already regarding your account verification. You may check the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
98801e80
Community Member

I hit submit a proposal button, but nothing happens, I change the browser but still nothing.

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you need to verify your ID in order to continue sending proposals. Kindly go to this page to start this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
e668132e
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to verify my Identity on Upwork as Freelancer. My location and Visual verification got verified instantly as I submitted on

15th-Sep-2022, I also submitted my Government ID for verification at the same time. That's still pending, but I'm getting a notification to verify before 22th(Please check screenshot). What I can do, cause I only have 2 days left. 

Thank you

Ahsan

Hi Ahsan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
41b07abb
Community Member

The verification status says 1 working business day! it's going to 4 days already. I need to use my account. It's been four days today upwork didn't identify me. Why is it taking so many days. Is there any issue. And upwork notify me that's (Verify your identify by 09/23/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.)

Hi Rana,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
19a1ee70
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork. I got my first order yesterday. But I am facing a problem. I have changed my name. But showing my old name in the verification process. I can't edit it. Please help me.

Hi Ayesha,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, my problem is still not solved.

Hi Ayesha,

We appreciate you following up. It looks like the team has sent you an email with more information and instructions on how to proceed with your account. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team by responding here or the email and the team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
28ddc082
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork. I already think my profile is 100%. I have already filled in the Fiscal data for Billing. And I also already entered the bank information. I know that I should do identity validation, but I don't know where it is done. I don't see access to it. I do not know if I should wait for an email, where I am asked for the interview to do Identity Validation?.

I would like if I should wait for the Upwork team to contact me, or what is done in that regard?

Greetings. Thank you very much.!

Hi Annabella Ivonne,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I can confirm that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
28ddc082
Community Member

Thank you very much for your answer.

fdb1e092
Community Member

Hey, 

A day before yesterday I uploaded my documents to get verified on upwork. But, I don't know why the documents are still being reviewed even after 2 days. 

Please help me with this. 

Hi Ayaan,

It looks like the team handling your case have sent you a notification about the status of your ID Verification. You can access the support ticket and coordinate with the team here. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sachin-wordpress
Community Member

Hi There,

Im expert in my field and i have open account seens so many time before but recently i have login my account and someone says me to verify your account. but can't shows the ID varification badge.

please help me how can i start working with upwork i'm expert in my filed and willing to work with upwork.

https://prnt.sc/M1pw0n0a0MZD

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
09ab1d77
Community Member

Hello, I was trying to make a withdrawal of my funds but my payment methods appears innactive. My tax form has been filled and I've got no notices of anything pending. What do I need to do?

Hi Egla,

Thank you for your message. I checked and noticed that you will need to verify your account to add a payment method. I see that you have already submitted the required documents. Our team will update you within one business day.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a1077363
Community Member

I dont have an option to upload my ID?

Hi Naeera,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you have already submitted your ID documents today. Please allow one business day for the team to review and update your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
139ea705
Community Member

It's been more then a month since my account creation and still I haven't got any account verification form in my emails or on my profile even I've bidded more then half dozen times. Anyone who can help me with as my previous questions gone unanswered 

Hi Talha,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths