🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
b379251c
Community Member

I've been waiting for a almost month now but the id verification is not showing in my setting. can someone help me?

Hi Harold,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
54d5ac45
Community Member

Hi,

I am quite new here and I don't know if this is where I should post my questions, However, I have a few concerns regarding the verification method:

1. I'm from the Philippines and I only have Philhealth as my government ID. May I know if this can be used to verify my identity as this is already considered a government ID?

2. Is there any way to use my Philhealth ID and other documents to verify my identity? 

3. The deadline for my verification would be on Sept. 29 and government IDs would take weeks to be delivered to my house + the long evaluation to get one. May I know if I can still verify my identity after the set deadline?

4. I have a pending balance that is supposed to be available on Sept 27, can I withdraw it even without verifying my identity?

5. What would happen to my earnings once my account is put on hold?

Thank you very much and I am hoping for replies!  

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Health ID cards are not acceptable documents to verify your account. Check out this link for the list of acceptable ID documents to verify your account. Your account will be placed on hold if the documents are not uploaded before the set deadline. You can still continue with your current job but your funds will be available for withdrawal after your Upwork account is verified. You can contact us anytime when you have your Identity documents ready and our team will be happy to assist you with the verification.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Just to clarify, I can still verify my identity even after the set deadline, right? However, what will happen to my funds that are available for withdrawal once my account got on hold? 

0c5a85d0
Community Member

Hey,

I am new on upwork and excited to work on this amazing platform. I completed my profile but i am not yet recieve ID Verification email from upwork and not even ID Verification option in settings.

Please upwork team can you help me out then i can start my work on upwork.

Thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaiqa,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
61cc7f43
Community Member

I tried uploading my state ID a couple of times and kept getting an error message.

Now it's saying that I exceeded the number of attempts and my account is on hold.

I submitted a support ticket and haven't gotten a response yet. This is very inconvenient as I can not submit proposals or anything until the hold is lifted.

Please Help!

Hi Miracle,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your ID Verification. I can see that you've raised a ticket about your concern and it's been forwarded to the relevant team for review. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team here once it's been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
61cc7f43
Community Member

How long does it take for tickets to get reviewed?

qasim_ashfaq
Community Member

Hello Upwork Members,

Account VerificationScreenshot_11.png

Account verification 
On my side, Government Identity Verification Section is not Showing Can anyone Help me what the reasons behind this?
I am also creating an Open Ticket on Upwork regarding my Identity verification Upwork didn't satisfy me with his answer.

Here below I am Attaching Some Screenshots that will help you to analyze this issue precisely.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad Qasim,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa0b0a5b
Community Member

I have submitted my ID and done visual verification for more than 24hours still haven't gotten my identity badge why is it taking this long 

Hi Oluwaseun,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
05fb64e4
Community Member

Hello,

I want to know why I have not yet been asked to verify my identity if I opened my account more than 4 months ago.

Thanks.

Hi Citali,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
e2d848e8
Community Member

Hi there !

I'm new to upwork, i just created my account and wanted an id verification but couldn't access the page (upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/), here's what i get : error_upwork.PNG 

Hi Mohammed,

I checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank you for the response, i thought it was necessary for all accounts, then i'll just wait i guess.

Have a good day.

~ MB

2420ce75
Community Member

Why is there no option to submit my Government id card? 

Hi Nayem,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aaaea6f0
Community Member

Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen currently in the US. I have completed my MFA in Screenwriting and I'm currently in LA. I have my Employment Authorization Document (EAD), but when I try to verify my identity, it doesn't give me that option.

I am wondering if it'd be possible for my identity to be verified manually, or if there were some other ways to possibly do that.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Aditi Vaidya

Hi Aditi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
19f78cef
Community Member

How do I get tested on upwork. What documents are needed to confirm location? If I'm renting an apartment from a person, will the lease agreement work??

Hi Alina,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page for more information on the acceptable documents to verify your Upwork account. Also, I see that you are already communicating with our support ticket for the same concern. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

my post has been suspended. How can I recover? Help

Hi Alina,

If you are referring to your Upwork account, I see that you are already communicating with the support team about the same concern. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0cd199bd
Community Member

Hello guys

I have been trying to verify my account since last week but I can't. First time I submitted my ID a message came up a few days later saying that it couldn't be verified at the moment and that I could send it again later. Yesterday I sent it again and now everything is under review again. I am getting a message from the platform telling me that I have to verify the account by the 28th, otherwise the account will be withheld from activities like payment, new jobs etc. Turns out I have a payment waiting to be released exactly on Wednesday the 28th. I hope I don't stop getting paid because of this problem, I am afraid that the day will come and I won't be able to release the money because you have withheld the account. How can you solve this? 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Felipe,

One of the members has reached out to you via email with more details and instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team through that email so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
rekhaprasad
Community Member

Why am I not getting asked by Upwork for ID verification?

Hi rekha,

I checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
a4c32ad3
Community Member

Hello, I need assistance with @upwork account verification. In our nation, we may verify using a passport, which I currently lack. Neither do I have a driver's license. My birth certificate and my ID, both of which are handwritten in the native alphabet, are the only things I currently possess. Please advise me on how to verify urgently, someone.

Hi Mehireteab,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket to assist further in completing the verification process. Please check your ticket here, and kindly follow the instruction provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1dc57f14
Community Member

Hey, everyone! I'm a newbie here in upwork and I just made my account this week. I want to send my documents to verify my profile, however, there is no "Identity Verification" option in my Profile Settings. I hope someone would respond on my concern. Thanks!

Hi Nicole Anne,

~ AJ
Upwork
kashifrana449
Community Member

I am also having the same issue. I earned from a project. Upwork started asking me to verify identity. I submitted my identity card snaps. Now, my identity verification is in pending state since many days. Can anyone help on this?

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
e95d7279
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

The same goes for visual verification. It also shows that tomorrow is the deadline for verification.

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your verification process. If they need any additional information they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
00c04972
Community Member

Hello, so I already upload the documents that I need to get verified and it's been days already. Until now, my account is not yet verified.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths