🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
e78d7d6b
Community Member

I need little help.

Verify your identity by 12/31/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Can someone explain this to me?

Hi Noor,

To help ensure a professional, secure marketplace that everyone can trust, we’re moving toward requiring all active talent to verify their identity. Once you’ve verified your identity, we’ll put an Identity Verified badge on your profile. The badge displays as a check mark next to your name. This lets anyone who sees your profile know that we’ve taken steps to confirm that you are who you say you are.

~Andrea
Upwork
e78d7d6b
Community Member

Do you mean this is 12/31/2022 for verification?

2475bc45
Community Member

I recently changed my legal name, and I decided to do same with my Upwork profile. I changed the name on my approval and it was approved. However, I've not been allowed to change my account. The new back account I uploaded was not verified, and I'm told to do ID verification. But there's no space for ID verification since I've done that before with I ID that bore my former name. I need help

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fff2d10a
Community Member

Even after soo much trying and uploading about several time my Government ID card is not uploading on identity verification page. After uploading ID card Upwork says "it will take 2-3 Bussiness days for verification " but when i refresh the Page after 5 10 minutes upwork again ask me to upload your ID. i have'nt recieve any Email from upwork about declining my ID card Verification. Please help me Regarding this Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
9eda9144
Community Member

i have submitted my id verification selfie and proof, when do i get verified?

it's been more than 3 days yet nothing no progress even selfie isn't verified.

Please don't exclude the weekends!
wait till Wednesday!
because business days means the working days

Hi Nailah,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that it is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
55f234e0
Community Member

Hey guys I'm new here, please review my ID.

Asma

ashishnegi012
Community Member

Hi

I have submitted my id but still i am not verified may i know what is the error and any faster way to verify my id

Thank you

Ashish Kumar Singh

Hi Ashish, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to file a ticket for the same concern. I highly recommend you refrain from filing new tickets so that the team can assist you more efficiently. Please expect the team to get back to you within 48 to 72 hours regarding your verification concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dba3f371
Community Member

Hi,

I have met the criteria needed for my ID to be verified but it is yet to be verified.

Kindly look into it. Thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Titilayo, 

I can see that you've already submitted your verification documents. Once the team gets it to their queue, they will let you know if they need further information by reaching out to you directly. 

If you don't hear back within 72 hours, let us know and our team will be happy to help!

~ Avery
Upwork
mdlsbautista
Community Member

I don't know if this visual verification works. I've been trying to do a call with one of the agents since last night but everyone is busy. Any other way to do this?

Hi Ma Dana Ladin, 

I'm sorry for the delay, as I had to look into it further. Kindly retry to complete your video verification again, and let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Avery
Upwork
41329ea2
Community Member

Hi there,

I have long created my upwork account, though i have not been active with it for a long time due to some personal reason, but now i want to really get on with my freelance job, meanwhile i noticed i wouldn't get any job if i am not verified and i have look through every section of my account to see where i could request for verification but i have not seen any, meanwhile i understand that i will recieve an email asking for verification.

Please how can i land my job if i am not verified ?

Hi Joseph,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your response Annie,

At what point can I be eligible? because as it is I don't think I can secure a hire because I have not been verified yet, or you could quote me otherwise on that maybe there is an information I am yet to understand.

hope you get your feedback 

Hi Joseph,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. Please note that you can still submit proposals to potential clients without having to verify your ID. We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d0f3993
Community Member

Hello, is anyone else running into this problem? I've sent my documents 7 times, including different types of valid documents and none of them are getting verified. They are in the right format. Not sure what to do?

jcperez07
Community Member

Hi, I just started a contract with a client and after that, this warning appeared on my dashboard: "Action required: Verify your identity by 01/08/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started."

Now, I have applied for a government ID which takes up to 5 business days. However, my due date for verification is on January 8. Can you extend my due date of verification by 3 days?

1f4aece5
Community Member

Hello, I'm asking about this here because the customer service doesn't seem to be much help with this. The first time I wanted to apply for a freelance job, it asked me to upload my ID to be verified. But when I uploaded so many pictures of my state ID and passport, they never accepted the pictures and now it doesn't allow me to try and get verified.

It says I've reached the maximum number of uploading my ID and I have to go to customer support, but when I go there and they send me links, they either don't work or don't have any solution to my verification problem. Is there anything I can do to actually get verified??

Hi Mel,

Thank you for your message. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and one of the team members has reached out to you with more information along with instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team via that email or this page if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nakinci_93
Community Member

Hello, I want to verify my account, could you send me the link, please? Thank you.

caa6fe9e
Community Member

Hi, I'm currently new to Upwork and I had a request "Suspension Appeal Form Submission". The Upwork Support team sent me a message everyday that said you're currently reviewing my account, and I have sent all the required documents (including my national ID photos, bank statement & electricity bill) in that request's thread to verify my identity. However, yesterday the request maked as "solved" but no one replied, and my account is still suspended. Can Upwork team check this request and solve it for me? I will send the required documents for your verification. Thank you. 

Hi Quan,

I can see that you've been coordinating with the team on this support ticket regarding your concern. We highly suggest you continue doing that through that ticket so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Feel free to update the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
caa6fe9e
Community Member

ok, thank you for your reply. May I ask if I send message and still not receive reply from that ticket, then can I create a new Suspension Appeal Form?

Hi Quan,

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while the team responds to your previous message.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
60849e0a
Community Member
b77de398
Community Member

dear sir, I have upload many time my id card picture and utility bill for 'Identity verification', but there are many threat messages coming from Upwork for again submition. Please solve this problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that one of our team members has already reached you via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
lilmarie
Community Member

when can i be verified?

Hi Lil Marie,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
lilmarie
Community Member

thank u so much❤️

d85cdcb7
Community Member

hello,

i am facing a problem when i submit my id card for verification i get prompt "we are reviewing your id it will take 2-3 days"

but after some time i get the same getting started option!

what does it mean i'm confused

Hi Asad,

You should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
5bb239d1
Community Member

Hi,

The system asks me to complete identity verification again, but when I try to verify again my son's name is written there. please provide help me with this problem.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths