🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655

Hi Kashif,

If your account is placed on hold as a result of not completing a verification process, it will remain on hold until you can complete it. Once you have the required documentation, you may follow the instructions you received to complete the verification to lift the account hold. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f53ddf7
Community Member

Hi,

I am already visually verified, but my ID is still under review. I fear that if it's not verified by 4/25, my account might be suspended, affecting my active contract and earnings. Is there any way I can speak with an agent to expedite the process or manually verify my ID with them? This is so that if there are any problems, I can prepare a different ID without my account being suspended. 

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, 

Can I also have my Identity Verification checked? I see that it needs to be verified on April 28 and I have already submitted the documents last week. 

I appreciate the help. Thank you

Hi Jocel,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Aj, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I will look into it. 

Just to ask how long is the waiting time for the my profile/IDs to be verified? Thank you again!

53faacf7
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
I am a new user registered yesterday,
I tried to upgrade my membership plan by credit card / Paypal but got the following message:
Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don't hear back within 2 business days, please contact us .
Can you help me with this problem?
Thanks

Hi Johnson,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aac8bb4f
Community Member

Hi, 

I have already submitted the documents for identity verification a couple of days ago. It says on the alert that it needs to be verified by April 28. It is already April 24 and I haven't gotten any update, it still says that it is being reviewed.

I have a contract starting soon. Can I get a help on this? 

Thank you

094769f4
Community Member

i have got my first job and then upwork asked me for identity verification so i fill up that and given my pan card and my real image the problem is that these both are different from my profile photo as because of some personal reasons i was not comfortable with using my image but now i knew it is necessary so i will definately use mine now. will there be any trouble in my verification ? i am a real person my id and image given for verification are mine and correct . just the problem is with my profile photo what should i do?

Hi Sahil,

We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
2a84c6c7
Community Member

I have completed the process of identity verification (pending for reviewing), but must have mistakenly chosen National ID when I uploaded my driver's license. Is there any way to edit this?

Also, it's been 2 business days and my visual verification process still hasn't been completed, does that mean there's an issue?

No, as long as it is pending it hasn't been reviewed yet, it seems that UpWork asked everyone simultaneously (or in very short order) to verify their ID and they are running a serious backlog.  Once reviewed, they may accept it as is or they will notify you that there was an issue and you will have a chance to resubmit it, UpWork does accept valid drivers licenses for ID verification so you may get approved first time around.

On a related note, as long as the review is pending, your account won't be suspended.

Thank you for your helpful reply, that's good news then!

f9085270
Community Member

I submitted my govt. id and selfie for verification and thought it would take 1-3 business days as it was mentioned in the notification but it's been 5 days and there is no verification email. does it always take this long upwork to verify.

please look into the matter upwork.

I am facing similar problem, I submitted my govt. ID and selfie 5 days ago still it did not get verified.

does it usually takes this much time??

upwork should look into the matter.

I submitted my govt ID and selfie for verification several days ago and it still didn't get verified . why is it taking so long? upwork please look into the matter asap.

Hi Sachin,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
4ba80435
Community Member

please help with this

Hi Shohrat,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
dm-sergeev
Community Member

Good afternoon. Long-term identity verification. The problem is that I received a request from the upwork to identify my identity (again in a year). I sent all the documents, but for 3 days there has been no information. I was also warned that my account would be blocked on April 30 (as upwork says)... How can I speed up the moderation process? It turns out that the verification of documents may require additional documents (for example, on April 29), and my account will be blocked on April 30? I have a top-rated plus account and 100% job success. Very strange...

c7e40307
Community Member

Hi, my profile is 100% completed but i can't see the option to get my account verify. I've found a direct link to the verification section but when i open it says we can't find this page. Can someone please help me?

Hi Osama,

No verification is currently required on your Upwork account. The team will contact you if verification is necessary in the future. Verification is being gradually implemented for Upwork users. If the team requires verification, you will receive an email or a notification in your account with instructions on how to proceed.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much Pradeep!

So how could i get the verification badge?

Hi Osama,

Thank you for your message. At the moment, the verification cannot be requested on the account. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8db3e602
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to verify my account but I cannot find the option "ID Verification" in the settings menu so please consider my issue and kindly request to you make sure to enable that option in my account!

Hello Ariwala M,

I tried the same but cant find any option. did contact support but yet no response. Please share anyone else know the steps.

thanks in advance! 

Same problem buddy.

How was your account verified?

Hi Ariwala,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Hi Kushan,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I need help to verify my profile with the blue circle but I do not understand how it is done, if you could help me please I would appreciate it 

Hi Basti,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I believe you're referring to the ID Verification Badge. I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ffad032
Community Member

Hello, I got Upwork id and selfie verification today, but I wondered its still pending.

I uploaded passport pics, but I think it s not the correct one cause something bent when taking photo.

so whether I can verify using my umid card? I am from the philippine.

Kindly help me to reverify and let me know if it is possible using umid, in the case of a passport, difficult to take pics.

🙂

Thanks.

Leo.

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already submitted the documents for verification. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. Our team will reach out to you if they need additional information from you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, I will wait.

khowaja_muhammad
Community Member

Hello, I have received a mail about ID verification, I have followed all the procedures and uploaded my ID twice but it's still not verifying, I have completed my visual & Location verification, but still facing problems with Government Id verification!

it is showing a popup on my main profile to verify identity, but when I click get started there is no reverify button on my identification page. Please assist me!

Thanks 

Muhammad Ali Khowaja

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have already submitted your ID documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update the status. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Finally, I have received the confirmation of identity verification, but my profile verification mark is missing, could you please check on your side?

Thank you so much for your response. 

Muhammad Ali Khowaja

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello AJ,

Thank You for your kind support.

MAK

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths