🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
arfasaeed123
Community Member

I did'nt get any I'D verification mail yet. Also there is no verification option on my profile settings. 

When you land your first client, Upwork will ask for identity verification. 

Hi Arfa,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
95e5baf9
Community Member

Hello Upwork, 

I'd like to know the status regarding my ID verification. Already submitted needed requirements last April 27, 2023. Kindly expedite the verification process for my account. I'm available to provide any additional information or documents if needed. Thank you 

Hi Wednesday,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've reached out to the team handling your case and it looks like there's still a document that you need to submit to complete the review. Please note that the documents we accept include a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

One of the team members will be reaching out to assist you further via email. Feel free to coordinate with the team and they will surely assist you in completing the ID Verification. You may also want to check this help article for more details.

**Edited to Update Information**

The team confirmed that your ID is now verified. You will be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
95e5baf9
Community Member

Thanks Arjay. I'll be waiting for the email from your team. All needed documents are available onhand. 

Also, during the review procees. My upwork account won't be put on hold? 

95e5baf9
Community Member

Thank you for your prompt response. Greatly appreciated. 

You're always welcome Wednesday! Have an amazing weekend! Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ffad032
Community Member

Hello, Arjay, can you help me?

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1-3 business day." note.

How long it will take?

Thankyou

Hi Leo,

I can see that you submitted the required documents and your review is still in progress. As previously indicated, note that it can take 1-3 business days for the review to be completed. The relevant team will follow up if any additional information is needed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3ffad032
Community Member

Oh. Luiggi R, thanks, and sorry for my hurrying 🙂

aadershmanzoor
Community Member

Hello there, Recently I tried upwork direct contract feature to bring my external client. 

My account got restricted and suspended. Upwork sent me an email requiring me to do ID Verification. 

I submitted ID verification. It has been 3 days, I haven't been updated on the process. 

I contacted customer support, they said I would get an email in 24-48 hours, I haven't got any. 

I need my account restored. please help!

Thank you!

Hello Aadersh,

First off, I'd like to apologize for the delay. Our support teams are currently dealing with an influx of inquiries, which has caused a bit of a backlog. I have followed up with the relevant team for an update, and can confirm that they're currently reviewing your submission and will provide an update as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and ultimately get you the best possible outcome. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work through this together. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3ffad032
Community Member

Hello, Dear upwork team. I've submitted my ID for verification already. It's already more than 3 days passed as support said me to wait for 3 days, I have not received any notification. I still don't know when my account will receive the verify badge. Please help me ! Thanks. Leo.

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3ffad032
Community Member

Thanks, Pradeep, I really appreciate it.  Regards.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths