🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655

Hi Noreen,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
2bb4ba87
Community Member

I live in Egypt and I can't find the national id option to verify my account there are only passport and visa options.

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d212c26a
Community Member

Hi.

I've been on upwork for like 5 months and I didn't get email of verification.

So I decided to do manually from settings by ID Verification option but when I got there I didn't see ID verification option there was no option of ID Verification.

Identity Verification option is not available in my upwork's menu.

What is the issue of this?

Hi Muhammad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
6b49efb3
Community Member

I've had my upwork account for two months now and I've not been requested for identity verification. I can't find the menu for identity verification anywhere either, any help with getting me verified?

Hi Henry,

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay thanks for the response. I tried applying to a job and it gave me an error code referencing ID verification meaning I couldn't apply. Please could you resolve this for me. 
many thanks

84d7df41
Community Member

I'm feeling really down and frustrated right now. I've been waiting for almost 84 hours for Upwork to fix my profile verification issue, and I'm starting to lose hope. It's been a tough few days, and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on.

I understand that mistakes happen, and I don't want to be too hard on the Upwork team. However, this problem is really affecting my work and my ability to support myself and my family. I don't know what to do, and I'm scared that I might lose everything I've worked so hard for.

If there's anyone out there who can help me with this problem, I would be forever grateful. I just need someone to give me a glimmer of hope and help me get through this difficult time. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm willing to keep fighting and trying my best. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I'm in a difficult situation, and I'm hoping someone can help me get through this. Last Friday, I had a big presentation at work that I had been preparing for weeks. I was nervous, but I felt confident that I had done my best.

However, as soon as the presentation was over, I received a termination letter from the company. I was shocked and devastated. I couldn't believe it was happening to me, especially after all the hard work I had put in.

I'm now left without a job and struggling to make ends meet. I'm not sure how I'm going to pay my bills or support my family. I feel lost and helpless, and I don't know where to turn.

If anyone out there can offer me any help or advice on how to get through this difficult time, I would be forever grateful. I just need some support and guidance to help me get back on my feet and move forward. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

yofazza
Community Member

As mentioned in the screenshot, do you have different names between your ID and the bank statement? If yes, why?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your documents have been reviewed and approved. Your account is now verified and fully restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5520360b
Community Member

How can I get my ID Verrified? it's been 3 days and no one has contacted me from upwork. 

Hi Gozde,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e2155b29
Community Member

Hi, I submitted my NIN on the 23rd of February for identity verification and did a selfie verification, but it says "We're unable to process your ID at this time". And "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day".

Please respond. 

ebe82e61
Community Member

Hello
I have an issue to do identity verification

I uploaded my driver license card, and the system said they can't verify it and upload it again

I tried several times, but still couldn't complete it

can anyone help me?

thanks

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
617790f2
Community Member

hello there i recived this (We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later

Hi Olek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e2155b29
Community Member

Hi, I submitted my NIN on the 23rd of February for identity verification and did a selfie verification, but it says "We're unable to process your ID at this time". And "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day".

Please respond. 

Hi Oluwadamilola,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e2155b29
Community Member

I was informed to upload my ID again for verification which I have done, but it's still saying "We're reviewing your ID". Please respond

Thank you.

Hi Oluwadamilola,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
617790f2
Community Member

Hello there have limited time for pass identity verification, but my documents are under review yet, I need to pass this step faster

e1cfb3bd
Community Member

Hi,

I recently joined Upwork as a freelancer and on the third or fourth day, I received my first order. The very same day I was asked to verify my identity which, like every other freelancer, I did or at least I tried. My location got verified, and the visual verification is done but what's left is the ID verification, and here's the problem. I uploaded the picture of my National Identity Card several times, I tried uploading it in every format (PDF, JPEG, JPG). I even uploaded the front and back of it combined in a PDF file but nothing's working. It says that it will take 1-3 business days to get verified but after a while, the whole thing gets reset and I have to reupload my picture. At this point, it's getting really frustrating for me, and posting here is my last resort. 

Hi Muhammad Walid,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
617790f2
Community Member

Greetings,
In order to verify my identity, I uploaded my passport photos twice, from different angles. It's been 2 days since I uploaded my passport pictures, but Upwork hasn't verified my identity yet. Please keep in mind that my deadline for verifying my identity is 2 days from now (3/3/2023).
I have made two community forums, but no one has answered my questions.
Please respond to my request if you can. I just want this part done as soon as possible.

Hi Olek,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

i only worry about time because i have only one day to pass verification, my documents and my location approved but my virtual verification ( webcam) still are reviewing after 3 days , normal time is 1 business day is a lot of delay

Hi Olek,

It looks like your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
asadullah_liam
Community Member

Hey, I recently joined an agency where i was trying to submit a proposal using that agency profile, during that I started getting alerts for govt id-card verification. As the alert was showing on the agency profile i thought it is asking for agency owner's id-card. I asked him and submitted his ID card and that card is now attached with my personal account! and now the upwork wants me to verify my location and is not letting me enter my location since it is trying to match it with agency owner's id-card. It was a mis understanding.

I have filed a report but need quick support on that since i have only couple of days otherwise my upwork will be suspended.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/39264126

the easiest way would be to reverse the id-card verification and let me put my own card that will align with my location.

Hi Asadullah,

I can also see that you've already communicated with the appropriate team and submitted the required documents to resolve the issue with your account. Please allow our team time to further review your case. They will surely look into your concern and assist you accordingly through the same support ticket here. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f8f8329b
Community Member

I dont understand what's wrong, its over 10 days now, I have submitted the necesssary info for ID verification, but its been reviewed, upwork said it take 1-3 days but this is more than 6 days. whats going on.

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
abb583d2
Community Member

Hello, i've tried to verify my identity but show not page content/page not found/404 error.

What can i do to solve the problem ?

abb583d2_0-1677756747919.png

Hello Mariem A,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble verifying your identity on Upwork. In this case, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies: Sometimes, browser cache and cookies can interfere with the verification process. Clearing them may help to resolve the issue.
  2. Try a different browser: If you're still encountering issues after clearing your cache and cookies, try accessing the verification page using a different browser.
  3. Contact Upwork support: If you're still having trouble after trying the above steps, you can reach out to Upwork support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional guidance on how to proceed.

It's important to note that verifying your identity is a crucial part of using Upwork, and failure to do so may result in limitations on your account. Therefore, it's important to ensure that you're able to successfully complete the verification process.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Usama I.

I tried to clear the cache of my browser and i contact the support Upwork but no results. 

It still shows me 404 for verifying ID

Hi Mariem,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mariem,

~Andrea
Upwork
fd3a26d4
Community Member

Hello,

Im' akthar farvees,

I have a small issue with my setting section, and I completed 100% of my profile settings successfully but still, I cannot see the "ID verification" Options menu in the setting section, so how can I get that menu, or do have to request for Upwork to enable this option? 
please let me know if anyone knew the answer to my issue.

Thank You!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akthar,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths