🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
78a8da5f
Community Member

Hello, I've been trying to complete my verification but it's not working. When I uploaded my ID card it didn't direct me to Visual verification, and I still can't access that.

Also, I think it's been 4-5 days or maybe more since I first uploaded my ID card, and haven't received any update yet. I have only 3 days left to get my account verified. 

Can you please help?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Azka,

Could you please confirm if you're unable to complete the visual verification when clicking on the Continue button at the top right corner? If so, please send a screenshot of the error you're receiving so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
78a8da5f
Community Member

When I click Continue, it directs me to this page ( ID verification ) again, and when I refill the form so I can proceed to the next step, it keeps on loading, and nothing happens.

78a8da5f
Community Member

Please respond

Hi Azka,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while uploading identity documents. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, Thank you for responding.

I tried from the other browser and after clearing cookies, but again it keeps on loading and nothing happens.

Hi Azka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fcb6b1da
Community Member

Can anybody please help me, I am having dissiculties with identity verification on my profile. System is displaying wrong name on the name field which is not on my profile and my official document. Please help me

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imran,

Please go ahead and upload your ID. If any clarification is needed the team will reach out to you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have uploaded my ID and now it's showing this,

222222222222222222.JPG

Can you tell me How Long Will It takes for verification?

Hi Imran,

Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your account and the ID you've submitted. If you still haven't got an update, please don't hesitate to communicate with the team through the support ticket that's been set up with your concern. You can access your ticket on this page. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ce01b660
Community Member

Hi, I want to verify my upwork freelance account but the identity verification tab is not visible on my profile settings, how to fix this?

image.png

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julian,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
4505cae5
Community Member

I uploaded my driver's license for ID verification but my location couldn't be verified because the city on my driver's license was not the same. I now have a hold on my account and there's no clear way to re-verify my ID or remove the hold. How do I remove the hold and have my ID verified if the ID verification option is now gone?

Hi Royce,

I'll have one of our team members assist you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and please communicate with the team so that they can assist you more efficiently. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c7e7b3d6
Community Member

Hello , 

I had done all the steps of identity verification two days ago, I was asked to change profile photo yesterday, I changes it , yet no response. 

Hi Hossam,

Thanks for reaching out. If you were successfully able to change the profile photo as requested, kindly allow more time for the relevant team to complete their review. You can rest assured they'll get back to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c7e7b3d6
Community Member

Hi, 

It has been more than 2-3 days. And i keep getting a warning :warning: to verify my account before 3rd August to be able to get jobs. 

Hi Hossam,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team and they will be reviewing your document submission as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
305a5034
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm Thakshala. I'm a freelancer in up work. I want to verify my ID. How can I do that?

Hi Thakshala,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
danielvirtuous
Community Member

Hi,

I need help with this please.

I was asked to verify my ID and I did so on Friday, 29th of July 2022. It's been more than 48 hours and I've not received a feedback yet. What should I do? 😞

Hi Virtuous,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
a3070a00
Community Member

Hello, upwork team, 

recently I got the first contract, so I got the ID verification request.

I've already submitted all required documents. They said they were reviewing it. It's been already 3 days already since I did it.

Please investigate the issue and let me know if anything is wrong as soon as possible.

Best regards.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Huynh,

It looks like you'll need to resubmit your ID. Please refer to this support ticket for more details.

~Andrea
Upwork
a3070a00
Community Member

Thanks, ~Andrea

305a5034
Community Member

it has been 4 weeks since I created my profile, but I still haven't received the verification email sent by upwork. please help me.

Hi Thakshala,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
930d2896
Community Member

I just contacted support and uploaded a photo of my driver's license.  I hope they manually approve it because it's the only way to do it for me right now.  My picture meets all the parameters, so I have no clue what the problem is.  I can only surmise that the problem is definitely with Upwork.  They absolutely need to manually approve it if there's no way to do it via uploading.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message. I'm pleased to inform you that your account is already location verified and you can apply for US only jobs.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
wilson_ekele
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

My Verification is still pending, my account will be on hold starting from tomorrow.

i need urgent help, please.

15D02E62-95ED-406B-989B-DFA7BB2BC030.png

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you ❤️

8df196f1
Community Member

I am full-time freelancer based in China, I was asked to submit supporting document to reverify my location, I guess that's because I used VPN. Anyway, I submitted my lease agreement to prove I live in China. On the first page of my lease agreeement , it is clearly stated my current adreess, ID number, phone number. However, I was just informed today that the address on the lease agreement doesn't match my location. I don't know how could that happn. The address on that is exactly where I live now.  Meanwhile, my passport has expired, and it's difficult for me to get a bank statement or utility bill as I pay everyting by Alipay, a popular digital payment method in China. So, i wonder what should I do next, this is really very disturbing. Many thanks. 

Hi Xueyan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the location verification status. I see that the team has already notified you via a support ticket for the same issue. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6ca434d4
Community Member

Hi 

There is no option in my profile setting to verify my id how can I verify my id?

1daniel
Community Member

Hi, I Can't find my Identity verification option. Can you help me, please?

6b8e3ff1
Community Member

Hello there,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day. Can someone help me on this?

Would appreciate urgent response to this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths