🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509

I just checked OP's profile and she has worked on a contract with an hourly rate of $0.56. How is that possible?

Sushant B wrote: How is that possible?

In 2014 there was no minimum hourly rate.

I didn't check the date. Thank You for clarifying.

Hi Flordeliza,

I would be happy to help. I would like to clarify that you can't access the Identity Verification Page because you are not required to complete any verification process at the moment.

Please know that we’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending an email and showing you a notification when you log into your Upwork account.

Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

It has been more than one week since I have submitted my government ID for verification, but still no response. What's the best solution I can go with?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge.

If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
503a92f2
Community Member

Hi,

I'm being asked to upload my identity but i checked on the help pages and it does not show how or where do i upload my scanned identity documents. I dont know where to send it or to upload it. Please help.

Thanks..

Hiren Patel

Hi Hiren,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Please know that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge.

If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
michaelloc
Community Member

I want to know why Identity Verification option is not showing on my Upwork account.

I want to know solution, please help me.

Many thanks!

Hi Loc,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Please know that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
haleighsweeney
Community Member

Hello I'm new to upwork and want to upload my ID so I can get started. I haven't been asked to you. When will I be able to? 

When they ask you. They will not, your profile is completely empty. Nothing to verify there. 

e249365b
Community Member

Hi,

In my profile I cannot find  identity verification. There is no option there to verify by video call , ID proof or anything else. I have attached the profile screenshot so have look into that.

Kindly help me out and provide me the solution to it.

Thanks you

Navdeep Singh

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi NAVDEEP,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
545cee9f
Community Member

I want to be verified 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lebona,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
545cee9f
Community Member

Hello Bojans, 

Thank you very much I will wait for the email. 

Thank you. 

be20e47b
Community Member

I have attempted several times to verify my ID. Every time it has said that my name does not match on my account and my ID. It does match and I have taken very clear pictures with a white background. I have tried multiple different pictures and now I am locked from trying again, I am out of attempts. I cannot reach upwork support to get verified. How am I supposed to get verified if the bot does not work and there is no way to reach out to customer support.

I am trying to verify my ID so I can actually send proposals but the automated system does not work. I tried submitting multiple different pictures and each time it claims that my name on my ID is not the same as the one that is on my account. Which is not true. The pictures I submitted are not blurry and have a white background so I don't know why this is happening. Can anyone help me resolve this?

Hi SIr

Please try to submit another id 

I only have one drivers license. 

Hi Weston,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
f0049f5d
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, 

I'm new at Upwork. Recently I opened my account on Upwork. But unfortunately, I couldn't get any "Identity Verification" option in my Account Setting? 

Would you please let me know why and how to solve this issue? 

Thanks in Advance,

Md Abdul Alim

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD Abdul, 

Please know that verification cannot be requested but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Avery
Upwork
f0049f5d
Community Member

Thanks for your answer. Now I'm clear about this issue.

posco
Community Member

I have already done identity verification but my account is still locked.

posco_0-1648208032352.png

What should I do to be able to use my account again? 

I really hope someone can help me, thank you for reading.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thong,

I checked with the team and they were able to solve the issue. You should be able to see your badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
ayeshaamjad381a
Community Member

Even after submitting all the required paperwork i am facing identity verfication issue every time i try to send a proposal so because of all this i am unable to send any proposal at all... please help solve this issue

Hi Ayesha,

Could you please update your profile picture before trying to perform the verification again? Our team has also reached out to you here with more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
c8f11274
Community Member

Hi everyone .Thanks for the help guys.I uploaded my ID and was asked to do so again and then recieved the same email informing me of a hold.Can i get some assistance please,Thanks in advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josphat,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c8f11274
Community Member

Hi did you get any help with this?

50624ad9
Community Member

I uploaded a wrong photo when I opened my account I didn't care at that time but now I got some money and some good reviews bit my account got hold and i till me that i should submit an official id I wanted to correct my photo but It  told me  "please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo." I cant send my id because the photo in it is deferent and I cant change the photo in my account what should I do ? I am ready to make a live cam verification

Only support can help you. Reach out to them. I don't want to start thinking negatively about why you used someone else picture

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Are you refering to diferent account? If so, please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mc-jav
Community Member

Hello dear people,

i had yesterday my first job as a freelancer and did it very well. But now i saw that i have to verify my account. Thats ok, but is my personal data save? I read a lot about scammers who steal or sell identity of Upwork accounts and so on....

Would like to get help for this solution...

Thanks a lot...

Hi Javed,

The security of your personal information is a priority for us. To protect it, your identity verification information is stored by Upwork, per our security policy. Upwork agents also comply with our privacy policy and the third-party vendor that handles these requests does not store any identification data. We do not sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the image you submit to verify your identity is deleted. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
viru-programmer
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have the same problem. The item "Identity Verification" is not showing in my profile settings for the reference i am attaching screenshot of the profile setting page.

FYI i want to tell you my account is migrated account from "Elance" to "UpWork". Now i want to work actively on UpWork but i'm unable to verify my Government ID and UpWork profile to get the profile verification badge.

Thank you.

Hi Virendra,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for this information and quick reply.

It would be great if you can clear two more points/doubt listed as below:

1: Will my profile and submitted proposals be visible to the client without Id verification?

2: If the proposals will be visible to the clients what about the further proceedings like Interview with client, making contract, earning withdrawal etc. will they all be allowed for me?

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths