🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
08e775ac
Community Member

Greetings!

I've submitted my ID for verification 10 hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process. 

Thank you so much

Hi Sazeed,

Just like in the message shown on your screenshot, note that it can take up to 1 business day for your submission to be reviewed. The relevant team will reach out to you directly once the review is complete.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0b84bd55
Community Member

I have submitted my ID for verification to proposing my first job and upwork said that "we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded", and now my account is on hold. I contacted support but I need the hold removed asap so I'm hoping a representive comes here.

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your verification status. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same concern. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep H, im struggling to get help, no link to contact customer care agent directly..

I Can't submit proposals, the button keeps refreshing and never stops
Also can't upload my previous work on my profile, same thing it just keeps refreshing

It's over a week now and this isn't changing, please i need help

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please make sure to use any of the supported browsers on this list. If the issue persists, please let us know.

you may also check this article to see how you can get in touch with our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
199e6295
Community Member

iam face same this problem I can't find Identity verification option in the profile settings

Kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Hi Shohagi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
394d0026
Community Member

I created my Upwork about a month ago and upwork have not ask me to verify my identity. I need to be verify because that is the only way clients will trust my account. 

Is there any problem, what can I do to get verify as soon as posible?

Upwork will not verify your account unless you earn some money (see Petra's response below). You can look more trustworthy by asking previous clients for testimonials (they need to have Linked In accounts). I doubt that most clients even notice whether there's a blue checkmark next to your name or not.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
4f0e78a0
Community Member

For my current identity verification, the website is asking only for a passport or a Visa to upload, but I don't have either kind of document. I only have a national ID. How can I verify my identity?

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

You can proceed with the verification process using your national ID. If our team finds any error anyway, we will send you an email with instructions on how to correct it. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
f986eb2b
Community Member

It's been three days since I submitted my ID for verification, but it's still pending. I am in the process of securing my first Upwork job, but if it's not accepted today, Upwork says it will cancel any active proposals I have. Kindly help me verify my account today, so I don't lose this opportunity.

Hi Hassan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us time to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
882576f9
Community Member

I've had an Upwork account since 2017, but Upwork hasn't verified it yet. 
Please advise me on how to identify my account.

Sohaib,

You can't ask to get verification request, Upwork will ask to verify your identify when they need. Usually Upwork asks it whenever you have made the earnings right the first times.

36ded1c9
Community Member

Hello. I have submitted my passport for review more than week ago and it is still telling me that it will be reviewed in one business day. Please help my deadline will be on the 26th.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

The document you submitted has been accepted. You can now proceed to the next step of your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
telecommute
Community Member

Hi guys, i am new to Upwork. i would like my account be verified. So, i would have a badge that my account is verified. But, "verify your identity" in different options are not in my settings. Why is that? Please help me. Thank you so much! 🙂

Hi Ericson,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
edb311e9
Community Member

Hello,

The Identity Verification section in my profile is not active and when i tried to get my indetity verified through help it was showing error occurred.

Please help me with this.
Thank you/

Hi Jitendra,

I have checked your account and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
32ef9657
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the ID Verification process. I keep on getting this "Page does not exist" when I click the number 2 step: Visit the "Identity Verification" section in your Upwork Settings.

Please advise.

Thank you! 🙂

Hi Dante,

I have checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
d4a68f54
Community Member

Hello there,

Can someone help me why the identity verification didn't appear in my settings even I am already 100% in profile completeness. How to solve this?

Thank you

Hi Rhea,

~ AJ
Upwork
zubairahmed992
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a 3 days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Hi Zubair,

I apologize for how this may have impacted you. I can confirm that your verification has passed and you should no longer have any restrictions on your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you need assistance with.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b_boulkhoukh
Community Member

I have trouble with Identity Verification,  I want to verify my identity but the only way to do that is prove that I am A  Military Veteran , but I did'nt serve in the Military,  is there any other way to verify ma ID ? please I need help .

fc8cd549
Community Member

My account was put on hold due to a rejected ID verification. I've submitted a few tickets and had no response for several days. My most recent ticket which included feedback was closed without a solution. How might I go about getting my ID verified and tickets more readily answered? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1ac6afd8
Community Member

Hello, 

I accidentally uploaded an old copy of my driver's license for verification and was not verified.  How can I upload a new one so I can start putting in bids for jobs?

Thank you,

Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance. You can access your ticket on this page once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
81e97ec8
Community Member

Hi, I received this identity verification from upwork just yesterday, I completed it this morning, how long will my profile be frozen for?

Identity verification
Verify your identity

1. ID document verification
We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Opens support article in new tab.
2. Location verification
We'll make sure your profile location matches what's on your ID. In case it doesn't, we'll ask you for some extra documents.
3. Visual verification
Take a selfie with your camera which matches the picture on your ID.

Hi Mark,

Hi Mark,

I have checked your account and it looks like you haven't completed your ID verification. You proceed by clicking the "Get started" upon logging. You can start by hitting the "Continue" button. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d2f9013b
Community Member

Hello, I am an Upwork Client

I was a big fan of Upwork freelance services until they randomly suspended my account and said it's standard "random" practices forcing users to comply with sending ID verification.

I contacted the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. 

Australian Privacy Policy : Chapter 3: APP 3 — Collection of solicited personal information

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles-guidelines/chapter-3-app-3-collection-...

Key points

• an agency, may only collect this information where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, the agency’s functions or activities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upwork Required documents needed

At least 2 documents are required. Learn about acceptable documents.

Government-issued ID card or passport
ID must include photo, name, address, DOB, and signature.

Additional verification documents

Documents can range from bank statements to utility bills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, William M---------- do not give my consent of personal information to Upwork as requested and denied multiple times by representatives from Upwork, I have chosen to file an investigation with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to protect my and other entity's personal information. 

I have used Upwork services since 2016 and no ID is necessary for agency functions or activities. 

I feel Upwork has breached the Australian Privacy Act .

Government ID, passport, bank statements, utility bills are not necessary for the agency's functions or activities 

Upwork Identity requirement.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Will,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the team handling your account via a support ticket and also reached out to our support team via chat. I will follow up with the team to expedite a response to the same ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4ab6407c
Community Member

Hi,

I want to verifify my profile. However, no identity verification on my profile settings. Please help.

Thank you.

- Grace

Hi Honey,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths