🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
e966d6f0
Community Member

the problem is that i already submitted my driver license and when i did that the account was restricted 

please help me i cant work like this 

Hi Saad,

Please allow more time for our team to review your case. If they need any additional information they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e966d6f0
Community Member

thank you

cfd42a96
Community Member

Hi Team,

I have joined upwork since a few weeks now and I am sorry to say that the experience has not been up to expectations. 

I opened a support ticket (Freelancer - Upwork Help – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help)  yesterday am I am yet to recieve a response against that ticket. I am opening another ticket as the issue I am facing needs your urgent support. A few weeks back, I was asked to sumbit my goverment issued ID for the verfication and etitlement of the blue ticket on my profile. I was just asked to upload the front and back of my ID card and no selfie. After a few seconds, I was shown a success message that my ID has been verified. FYI I did this using the upwork app's web view. Now, its been weeks and I do not see the ID verficaition badge on my profile. Also, I cannot find the "ID Verfication" tab in my profile. Furthermore, I saw a link to the ID verfication page in a community post but when I tried to access it, the page was not found and I was shown an error again (Screenshot attached for reference).

Please guide me and let me know about the remedial steps to earn the ID verfication badge.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sikandar 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
cfd42a96
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for reaching out to me. Could you please help expedite the process as no one has reached out to me yet?

Regards,

Sikandar

ba8e30f2
Community Member

Hello

I am new in upwork. I complete my profile hundred present but i coudn't do id verification. my profile setting not id verification catlog.can you help me verify my identity..

Hi Kasun,

I checked your account and it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ba8e30f2
Community Member

Thanks, MR.Arjay.
If you can help me what can i do for now submit proposal and find a job. I thought i couldn't find a job because did not verify my identity..

Hi Kasun,

Thank you for following up. I would be happy to help. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. You’ll find a list of essential resources here.

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.
~ Nikola
Upwork
ba8e30f2
Community Member

If you can verify my identity

I recently received "Rising Talent Badge" and my Upwork account is yet to be verify

Please, can someone guide on the right path?

Note: I couldnt find the opition to do on my own through settings.

I need to get it right.

Your guide and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

779ba0b2
Community Member

Hey,

I am unable to verify at the moment because my cnic has expired. New cnic is due in 23 days. I had uploaded receipt of new cnic being applied but unfortunately it wasn't accepted.

Kindly resolve this matter because I will otherwise lose the account.

Hi Muhammad Saad,

I can see that a support ticket has been set up that's associated with your concern. Please continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dadanish
Community Member

Hi ,

How can i get my account verified I dont see any Id Verification tab in the settings.

dadanish_0-1661942938668.png

d2e34688
Community Member

Hi. 

I've sent a passport picture a few days ago for verification, almost a week ago. It is still showing this message:

We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. 

Does anyone know why it might be taking this long? Can anyone help me with this problem? 

Thank you.

Hi Corn,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
9f395534
Community Member

Wonderful hello to everyone in here.

I recently received "Rising Talent Badge" and my Upwork account is yet to be verify

Please, can someone guide on the right path?

Note: I couldnt find the opition to do on my own through settings.

I need to get it right.

Your guide and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Below is link to my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bb54b50a0a588aa6

chriscordani
Community Member

Good Morning.

I tried to upload my ID for verification a couple of weeks ago, but to no avail. I am back trying to look for work on Upwork and atop each job I get a message reading: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."  - The chat bot has been no help and I am for some reason unable to submit any request/ticket. Please help. Thank you in advance  - Chris C. 

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mr_neos
Community Member

I have not used Upwork for a long time but now I am using it more. I want to change my profile image. It gives me the error to verify my identity which I did 4 days ago. but it's still giving that message. Kindly please support me in this issue.

Sarshar

thanks.

Hi Sarshaar,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that you have yet to complete the visual verification step via a video verification interview with an agent. Please expect notification via a support ticket instructing on how to complete your ID verification. You can access that ticket here once it's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5c12b46
Community Member

Hi.

I need to know if my profile is aproved and if I need to verify my ID, I never have been asked to do it. I don t see the botton of verify id from the profile setting. thank you

Hi Lorena,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. Don't worry! You can now use your Upwork account to look for jobs and submit proposals. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e5c12b46
Community Member

Hello.

I wanted to know if my profile is aproved and if I have to verify my ID although I have never been asked to do it.

Another question: I see that 1 or 2 connects per day are being discounting, why is that?

thanks

Hi Lorena,

It looks like Arjay already helped in clarifying your profile acceptance and verification. I'll be merging this post to that thread so they are together. As for the Connects, it sounds like you have the Availability Badge turned on. Please check out this help article for more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
fe48b350
Community Member

Hello, I'm experiencing difficulties in verifying my ID on Upwork. The username field is currently inactive, displaying a false name instead of my actual name as stated on my CNIC. Whenever I attempt to upload the front side image of my CNIC, it undergoes a review process and gets rejected within a span of 3 to 4 hours.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked, and it looks like your verification has already been completed. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
675d82d3
Community Member

Hi there,

I got my first job but my id isn't verified.

I've uploaded my citizenship card two times but didn't get verified. What should I do now ?

How can I get verified ? 

@https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0127368c36206cef90

Hi Prithivi Raj,

I checked your account, and it looks like someone from our verification team reached out to you via a support ticket. On the ticket, the agent shared more information about the document you had submitted. Please check your ticket and kindly follow the information provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths