🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification Manual Process
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,444 REPLIES 2,444

Hi Samuel, 

I see that your submission is currently under manual review. Please allow 1-3 for the review to be completed; the team will let you know if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1662fe0f
Community Member

I provided docs, Upwork tells me to wait 1-2 days, and ask me to change profile picture. I did it all. Now I'm faced with problem, I can't send proposals. Because my account not verified. I have red error on my profile verify identity, support could you resolve it. Upwork said I should reicive an email but I don't. 
Regards, 
Mariana

1662fe0f_0-1715783418919.png

Hi Mariana,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7abc82e6
Community Member

Good evening. Please help me to pass ID verification.
My document Ukrainian passport can not recognize, what could be the reason ?

At the same time I do not have a international passport and driver's license.

Thank you.

146a9f28
Community Member

Hi Guys,

How can I fix this hiccup on my verification? I mistakenly uploaded an ID with no address. 

Hi Billy,

I reached out to the team handling the review to have a look at your submission. They confirmed that your ID has been verified and you should see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate this. You're all set. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a254f95
Community Member

Attempting to go through the steps to verify my identity but when I get to the government ID page there is no field to enter the ID type and no option without entering it. This happens on the client app as well as my browser. (Brave on iphone14 pro max)

Hi Ryan,

We checked your account and saw that our verification team reached out to you about your account. Please check this ticket and kindly follow the instruction they have provided. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1872d339
Community Member

Hi It's been over 24 hours since I've submited my Id verification but still didn't get verfied or received an email from Upwork to view the statuts of my request.

Can you I have an idea on how long does it usually takes?

I also have the same problem, it's been going on for 2 days and the status is still "We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile."

Hi Dikanio,

I checked your account and saw that you have not completed the verification process as well. Please continue it, and if our verification team needs more information from you, they will contact you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a694b785
Community Member

Halo thanks for the response. I'm sure I already followed all the procedures. So I try to re-submit the identity verification again. And after submitting, I can see now that the process has proceeded to submit for identity review. But then after a while, I check it again on the identity verification page, all the step process icons give me a warning. is this expected? Do I need to resubmit for the third time, or should I just wait ?

Hi Ziad,

I checked your account and saw that you have not completed the verification process yet. Please continue it, and if our verification team needs more information from you, they will contact you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1872d339
Community Member

Thank you Joanne.

Can you please check if my verification requesy was accepted now?

Hi Ziad,

Thank you for your message. I see that the documents were submitted just a few hours ago. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
7abc82e6
Community Member

Good morning. Please help me to pass ID verification.

Thank you so much!

cbb3abd4
Community Member

I have applied for identity verification for more than 4 to 5 times with a correct  driving license and aadhar card still it says not verified. Neither did i get any email for confirmation of starting of identity verify process

Hi Adway,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and it appears that the documents were submitted yesterday. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
7abc82e6
Community Member

Hello Guys.

Please help me to pass ID verification.

32c96f25
Community Member

After clicking on "verify identity" , it launches a web page with steps listed.

But nothing happens further. 

No button no pop-up

It doesn't seem to be triggering the verification process.

Is anyone facing this issue?

Hi Akash,

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble with the verification process. I looked at your account and see that your selfie submission is being manually reviewed. Please allow 1-3 days for the team to complete their review; you'll be notified if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7abc82e6
Community Member

Hello.

Please help me to pass ID verification.

Hi Konstantin,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
48cdb6d9
Community Member

Hi,

I've been trying to verify my identity on your platform but have been unsuccessful thus far. I've submitted all the required documents but the verification always fails. What else can I do?

0cd1fe4c
Community Member

My Upwork identity verification steps are showing yellow exclamation mark after submitting all the details, what could be the cause?

the same for me, I will wait to know the answer and I still don't see the mail for manual verification.

Hi Opeyemi and Muhungu Abamutaki,

I looked at both accounts and confirmed that the ID you submitted is now undergoing manual review. Please allow our team 24-72 hours; they'll surely let you know if additional action is required to complete the review. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you so much, I am impatient and still losing offers on this beautiful platform.
I can't send proposals,

Same here.

Upwork Team,

Can you please check on this?

Both Upwork and people like us loosing on payments because of this.

I also was asked to verify my identity on upwork, so i followed the steps like showing my id card (aadhar since I'm from India) and showing my face on camera.. Can any of the staff member confirm if my ID is received by the verification team and is undergoing the manual review or not?

Also, it still shows a continue button below it. Do I still need to attach another document other than my Aadhar document?

Hi Asmit,

After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading both sides of your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
193114cd
Community Member

Hi,

I have provided the documents and submitted them as guided, I am still seeing this message, ...... Why?

Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hi Faraz,

I see that the team is currently reviewing your submission manually. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. The team will let you know if there’s anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
af867c50
Community Member

this is what i am seeing from many days ="Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Verify your identity."  ,but when i click over verify your identity then next page is coming that is...upwork issue.pngCommunity Guidelines**

Hi Shivpujan,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you haven't submitted any acceptable IDs for us to review. Please be aware that this is by design, so you will need to scan a QR code or get the link to your mobile device via SMS to continue the process on your phone. 

You can also go to Settings > Identity Verification to see where you're at in the process. We suggest you visit this helpful article to familiarize yourself with ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d7ddf172
Community Member

image_2024-05-16_20-21-52.png

My profile is not visible to other users. What could be the problem?
Could this be due to the fact that I'm now waiting for my verification to be confirmed?

Hi Eugene,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that your ID has been verified, so this should no longer be the case. Your account is now active, and you will see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on the account.

Let us know if you're experiencing the same issue; we'll investigate further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
481cfb50
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I have created my id a month ago but i didn't get the verification email yet. Please let me know if any type of verification needed so i can earn the Badge.

I hope you understand my situation
Thanks

Hi Wara,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
8982a3d0
Community Member

Comprehensive Graphic Designer - I know how to design creative logos, posters, and websites. Additionally, I specialize in crafting greeting cards for occasions such as birthdays and weddings, as well as designing food menu cards. Furthermore, I excel in designing the front page of books. I also have expertise in creating presentations and CV

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths