🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,908 REPLIES 1,908
6b1d9745
Community Member

I submitted my confirmation about 3 times (I scanned both my passport and driver's license), the last time was 5 days ago, but I still haven't been confirmed. I have followed all the steps and it says that I have successfully downloaded my driver's license, I am successfully verified, but it has not yet been verified. Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Christina

Hi Kris,

It appears that this is happening because your profile name isn't your full name; you've only added your last name initial. Could you please go to your Contact Info settings page and update your profile name accordingly? Once your name is updated, you can visit your Identity Verification page to resubmit a valid government-issued photo ID

~ Luiggi
Upwork
63fa28e4
Community Member

Hello, I am a Nigerian. I submitted my NIN premium card to Upwork to verify my account but it was rejected. Meanwhile presently NIN is the government means of identity verification in Nigeria.

Hi Ngwuta,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hello @JoanneP
I'm facing the same problem i cant get my id verified at all, yet i spend a whole day taking a photo of the same; my id's photo is not that clear compared to my recent photos especially the one on y profile's display. I would love to talk to an agent to resolve this please. can you create a ticket for me. Please help

84abc588
Community Member

Hello, please, I am having the same issues.

Hi Lijoka,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
63699de6
Community Member

having same issue help please

95c30f63
Community Member

hello there! can I ask when can i have an IDENTITY VERIFICATION in my ACCOUNT? I think identity verification is important to get clients. And you told me that I am not required to have it right now, you will just email it in the future. when is that? Can I know? thank you. please help me.

I am ready for complete the identity verification, but identity verification not edit.

Please help me for identity verification.

Thanks 

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
ace43dfa
Community Member

I am experiencing a deadlock in ID verification, my profile is 100% complete,but there is no notification in the notification or email for the next stage, in the settings menu there is no "Identity verification",What should I do....

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hii sir my name is keshav sehgal yesterday i make a account on Upwork and it's been 24hrs my account is not verified i.e. the verified badge is not showing and i didn't get any verification mail yet also i didn't get the free connects.

The review process may take up to 48 hours. If you’re asked to verify your identity, follow the link in the email you receive to begin the process. This is a secure and encrypted link that will remain active for 30 days. However, you will need to verify your identity within seven days or they will put a hold on your account.

Hello,

Please help me out.!!

I recently established a Payoneer payment method, and the Payoneer account belongs to my brother. I removed the Payoneer payment method from Upwork as it is not allowed.

Now the system is demanding me to authenticate my brother's identity using his name, which is not mine on Upwork.

Please help me address this issue as I am perplexed.

The system is showing this message below:

“Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.”

Hello,

How can I start the manual verification process?
Because I didn't receive any mail from you.
Hope to hear from you soon
Because it was 3 days when i submitted my verification.
Best regards

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and saw that the badge has been added to your account already. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1e1fddaf
Community Member

Hello Joanne, I am reaching out because I see you are a moderator and I need urgent help. I already wrote in the forum a few days ago but no one is answering me and this is very important. I have submitted my verification about 4 days ago and I am still not verified. I did all the steps and it's telling me I am under manual verification but it's been taking way too long, and I was told it would be 24-72 hours at most. I have contracts awaiting and money in my account and I cannot deposit or accept contracts. This is very stressful for me since I am losing a lot of money. Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you! 

Hello:

I have the same...I did all the process...with my Oficial ID from Mexican Goberment, and the photo ok. but I did'n get a e-mail...and i have again...

Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started. Please
Please, let us other way to do this
thanks

Hi Adriana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I'm having problems with verfying my identification and it's been weeks since I submitted my id and selfie and this is still showing and right now I can't click continue which is frustrating and I resubmitted like 5 times.IMG_0233.PNG

Hi Lance Edrene,

I've checked with our verification team and they have confirmed that one of our team members will reach out and assist you further via a support ticket .

~ Joanne
Upwork
d9e77625
Community Member

Hello, I resubmitted my ID verification and hope to be verified as soon as possible.

cf29a712
Community Member

Hello, I'm having some verification issues with my profile. I tried several times and still have not verified my identity. Can you please help?

Hi Leshaka,

I've followed up with the team working on your verification and can confirm that it has been successfully completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
31d6b7a3
Community Member

Hey,
I am new to upwork and have uploaded everything to verify my account but it still not verified. Can you guide me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rafia Aziz

Hi Rafia,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a03e9635
Community Member

Hi JoanneP,

I need your help to verify my ID. Please have a look at my post here: ID verification problem

A Big green Splash across the screen saying "solved"

After reading and rereading the question and your answer several times.

It became clear that you never answered the question that was being asked !

Which was

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ?

PradeepH

That is not a solution, I have been trying to complete my profile for more than a month without success.

With all the technological potential, and thousands of people apparently providing support, they cannot think of a more practical methodologies.

I already invested my financial resources buying CONNECTS, as well as time to try to get my first contract, I don't see, there is seriousness on the part of the UpWork team.

By the way, at least take the time to rewrite, because your answer is the same, literal, COPY-PASTE.

Hello, The system is telling me "Action required: Verify your location in order to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." in the red banner on the top of the page. 

When I select 'Get started' the page displays the attahced, there is no option to upload etc. 

I also recieved an email Virify location but it takes me to the same page as attached. No options to upload etc. Please can you assist?

Hi Hameed,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your location. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

hello i have tried to verify my account  severally and it seems to not get verified please assist. Also i cant apply to any job by pressing the button 

Hello Praheed, I am reaching out because I see you are a moderator and I need urgent help. I already wrote in the forum a few days ago but no one is answering me and this is very important. I have submitted my verification about 4 days ago and I am still not verified. I did all the steps and it's telling me I am under manual verification but it's been taking way too long, and I was told it would be 24-72 hours at most. I have contracts awaiting and money in my account and I cannot deposit or accept contracts. This is very stressful for me since I am losing a lot of money. Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you! 

Hi Alexandra,

We certainly understand how important it is for your account concerns to be addressed in a timely manner. However, I see several tickets were raised for your case. Please allow our team time and you will get an update on one of your tickets here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

Additionally, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Thank you.

Hi! I can't get verified. I submitted my driver's license 2 times, but upwork asks me to do it again. I wanted to send my passport, but your camera does not accept it. Yesterday I spent an hour in vain so that your camera would say “Can’t read every element on your photo page,” although the photo was perfectly. How can I finally pass identity verification?

Hi Leonid,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a9e166ea
Community Member

Hi NikolaS,

Can you check my account please, It's very long time. Thank you so much.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 22.34.09.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths