🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to do identity verificaton
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
262a244c
Community Member

Hi, Could you please help me to get ID Verified?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Suguela,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This cannot be requested or initiated on your end. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
68a76efc
Community Member

Hello There,

Can any please help me.

I created this account since I was recomended to open an account to find legit online jobs by one of my former colleagues.

This is the second time I am creating an account since the first account produced same results.

Will there be some one to help me out, guide me, so that I can have my account verified and get some jobs to start with please.

Any support and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Roy

You are not allowed to have a second account, even if the first one is closed. You need your original account reopened.

You cannot request ID verification. Upwork lets you know when it is time to verify your account.

Community Member

Hi, 

My identify verification failed multiple times and there is no support in terms of what is off in the updated document. need help. Please note that I'm from India and using Driving License for this.

Hi Anudeep,

I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ae8b2ae
Community Member

Hello, What I have to do after my profile complete 100%? I'm new to upwork and i made my account to 100% complete today, so what I have to do next? How can I verify my account? My senior said that I have to upload my government ID but I can't see any option to upload goverment ID. Thank You.

Hi Raka,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll email you and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d21115d
Community Member

Hi, I am Rashid.  New freelancer at Upwork. I have an ID verification problem.  My ID verification was requested about 15 days ago from today and I provided the ID immediately. But, even after more than 15 days, I am worried as my ID verification is not completed.  I need help from the community to complete my ID verification quickly. Thanks.

The community cannot help.  Only Customer Service can answer this.

Hi Abdur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1profreelance
Community Member

Hello

I am new to UpWork and have received my 1st Offer (hourly work). I would like this contract to be covered by the Hourly Payment Protection. To qualify for Hourly Payment Protection a ID Verification Badge is required. How do I apply for this? I have inquired with Support several times and read related articles, all of which direct me to this --> Log into your Upwork account, go to Settings, then Identity Verification, or select the link in the banner that we will display on your Upwork account.

Unfortunately my profile settings dosent include any such 'ID verification' button or section so I cannot initiate the process. And as a Basic Freelancer, I dont have access to raise a support ticket so that UpWork can initiate the process. 

How can I get a ID Verification Badge?

Thank you for your help

Hi Radhika,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This process cannot be requested nor initiated manually. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ, 

Thank for this helpful update. I am assuming since identity verification is not mandatory for freelancers, those that dont have verified identities are still eligible for Hourly Payment Protection and also Fixed Price Payment Protection. Is my understanding correct? I thought I read on one of the informational pages that identity verification was necessary to be eligible for protection. 

Best regards

Radhika Palany

ngugi93
Community Member

I submitted my ID back in May 2023. I've however not been verified with the blue checkmark. I don't have the option to upload my Identification document on my settings.

Please let me know what could be up

Should be lost. 5 monts is very long time.

Did you checked your tickets? https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Some moderator here also will take a look is your verification still alive.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ngugi,

I have checked your account; it doesn't need further verification yet. Remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

Additionally, your account has no restrictions so you can submit proposals to potential clients as usual. You may also want to check this help article for more information about the ID Verification process. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
c1e62db5
Community Member

My selfie verification is taking so long as today being last day of my verification. I have already submitted the selfie before 2 days and still it shows under review process, other things ( location and Government ID) being verified already.  Please help!!

Hi Anish,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already verified now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6f39618f
Community Member

Hi

I submitted my ID  in Jan 2023. I've however not been verified with the blue checkmark. I don't have the option to upload my Identification document on my settings.

Please let me know what could be up

Hi Md Mizanur,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I recently verified my account with my ID with NID but now I can't find a visual verification option in the setting or any other verification option in the account setting, I can't even confirm whether my ID is verified or not please someone help

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mahmud,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This process cannot be requested nor initiated manually. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your reply. Please recommend to me how should i be eligible to upwork and what should I do for my eligibility. Already I uploaded an official government ID.

Thanks & regards

Mahmud Al Hasan

4ae8b2ae
Community Member

Hello! I want to ask about my identity verification. I've completed my profile until 100%, may I know how long that I can wait so I can verify my ID? I just want to know and make sure that my account doesn't have any problem with it or must I do something to fulfill one or more condition for my account (except 100% profile beacause I have done it) until I get notification to verify my ID? Thank you very much.

My best regards,

Raka

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths