🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
Tushar S Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
Mahmoud E Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am from Egypt, but I do not have a passport, so I put in my government identity card, but it is in Arabic, and the name of my upwork account is in English. What can I do?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mahmoud,

So long as you followed the instructions on what type of document is acceptable, that should be fine. If the team needs more information to complete the verification process, they will let you know through a notification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Rejmaeh Jane O Community Member

Hello

I am new in upwork. I complete my profile hundred present but i coudn't do id verification. my profile setting not id verification catlog.can you help me verify my identity.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rejmaeh Jane,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
David S Community Member

Well 2 days now and the syustem still will not take my live camera to take the ID photo. They have my DL. They have a close up on my profile, and I appear in 3 of the videos on my profile. BUT STILL - I guess I don't really exist!

Shame-Shame

David S Community Member

SOLVED Camera ISSUE

Firefox seemed to be the problem. Swithced to Chrome - OK access - Sefie took and approved!

Tamba D Community Member

I have my ID card, can't find an ID card option when verifying

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tamba,

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Sajida B Community Member

Hi Marie 

SAJIDA
Ramamiharivelo M Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie,

This may not have anything to do with it, but I have a small issue with my passport as well. In my country, it is extremely difficult to obtain a passport, so I only have the National Identity Card (CIN) as a reliable form of identification, and of course, others as well, but the most commonly used one here is the CIN. Is there any way to verify my identity based on this?

Thank you in advance.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ramamiharivelo,

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. In this case, you can use the option to submit a passport to submit your national ID instead. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Martin R Community Member

Hello, Ive been days waiting for my id to be validated, I am sending a new selfie every day because I am not getting my verification. Could someone help me?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Martin,

It looks like you've already complied with visual verification. Please allow time for the verification team to review it. If they need more information, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Akter H Community Member

Hi

I haven't got any verification for my ID. Could you please help me to verify. Thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mdakter

Olumolade A Community Member

Hello, I initially used my preferred/abbreviated first name but had to switch to the full version to align with my bank account. My email and the CC on file corroborate this change. How long will it take for this adjustment to be activated?

Olumolade A Community Member

Hello,

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Olumolade,

I see that your name change request is already approved and your full first name is already visible on your Upwork profile. Also, your payment method is already accepted and will be active from Jan 29th 2024. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Manzoor A Community Member

Hey Joanne ,
If  i under 18 so how can i verify my identity

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Manzoor,

Please be aware that you need to be 18 years of age and above to utilize the platform. You cannot initiate or undergo the ID Verification if you're underage. Could you please confirm your age so that we can assist you accordingly?

We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Faiza M Community Member

I am also having the same problem But i have changed my name from my profile to my mother's id card name but now the name in submit official government ID form is the same as my old name it's been 1 week but it's not changing to my profiles name now i can't verify my account 
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I noticed that your profile photo isn't a portrait of yourself. Note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check thishelp article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.

Regarding your profile name, the same as I explained above applies, your profile name should be your legal name or a name that you go by in real life. I've escalated your case via a support ticket so that one of our agents can assist you directly. 

~ Luiggi
Faiza M Community Member

Thanks for your reply 

I have changed my photo to my mothers photo which is also same in my mothers id card but still the same problem the name in this form is not changing even after 1 week and the main problem is i just submitted proposals to clients and i can't see thier replies 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Faiza,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Please be aware that your ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address. You may want to check this help article for acceptable documents when verifying your ID.

Additionally, I want to reiterate Luiggi's response about how a profile photo works. Your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

Please continue to coordinate with the team through the support ticket Luiggi created for you if you need further assistance. They'll gladly help you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Kevin P Community Member

Hello

I have been looking for a solution to this "Identification Setting" issue since last year and all of you, moderators, are just telling us one thing; "Just wait." I have completed my profile by providing a specialized profile, employment history, and certifications, and I have also finished the Upwork Academy. Despite submitting numerous proposals, I have not received any responses from clients, which I suspect is due to not having a verification badge on my profile. Additionally, my Connects are running low, which is causing me some concern. I was wondering if you could provide me with specific steps that I can take to obtain the verification setting on my profile. I am finding the current situation a bit unfair and challenging to navigate, so I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Achmad Q Community Member

Hi Joana,

Can you help me identify my verification badge pls?
So, I've waiting for 1 year and I didn't get my identity verification yet on my settings page. What should I do to fill out my Identify verification? I need to fix this problem ASAP for my new project, thanks!

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 17.50.53.png

But why do other people only need a few months to get Identify Verification?? What's the problem??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths