🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity Verification
Page options
Tushar S Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
Matt G Community Member

The link you sent brings me to a ticket from 6 years ago and the link they provided does not take me anywehre but a 404 page. How am I supposed to start a new one? This is getting ridiculous. None of your links work anymore.

Matt G Community Member

Is there any other fix to this or should I just go elsehwere?

Jitendra P Community Member

Hi team,

I have created my profile two days before and it's not verified yet and also didn't received any initial connects too.

can anyone help on resolving this issue.

Thanks 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jitendra,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Lidya N Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I have been facing issues regarding verification both for ID and visual verification i don't have passport but uploaded a government id but it keeps saying We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later. and for the visual verification it says We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day which has taken over a month.

can you please help

Aliye T Community Member

Hi all,

I am from Iran and have a passport issued by Iranian government.  I live in Australia, but don't have any Australian issued-ID. Whe nattempting to verify my identity, I can't do it because my ID was issed by Iran, and Iran is not on the list of countries that issued the ID.

What should I do to verify my identification?

Best regards

Monica Q Community Member

Hello, 

I can't upload my photo again, so pls pass validation asap.
It spends almost a week, but make no progress.
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Monica,

I see that you already have a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Rajendra A Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've provided my identity verification document 3 times but, it's showing an error. I've only 2 days remaining to verify my ID. What can I do to solve it?

It shows "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later."

What does it mean?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Manoj,

I'm sorry you're having trouble completing the verification process. I see that the team contacted you via this support ticket with more information about your verification process. Kindly refer to it and don't hesitate to follow up if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Sheikh Muhammad H Community Member

Greetings, I have successfully verified my Identity through Governmet ID. But I'm still unable to get Verified Badge on my upwork profile. 7 days has been passed since I have verified myself. Please Assist me in the problem. Thanks

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sheikh Muhammad H Community Member

Okay, But I'm unable to find work because of absent verified badge that shows on profile after verification. Kindly can you assist me for getting the badge as soon as possible?

Drew P Community Member

Hi! I realized that I put the wrong birth year on my application to Upwork and I am worried it will interfere with my identity verification. Will it be a problem? I was born in 1975 but put 1988. Please let me know what I should do!!!

Hi Drew,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in correcting this potential issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello,

It is terrible, nobody help to confirm the updated profile photo,

If you still refuse my latest profile photo, the system showed that I can't upload anymore, it means I can't use upwork anymore.

Just tell me to wait wait wait...but no progress..

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Monica,

I can confirm that your ticket has already been escalated to the appropriate team for review. Please allow them time to complete their review. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

1, About the latest profile photo, your team haven't confirmed it until now.

2,About your website refuse me to upload new profile photo, your team suggest me to use another browser and clear the browser cache and cookies. but it doesn't work. and your team asked me to wait for another 24-48hours, now time is pass.

How much time do you plan to spend on dealing with this 2 simple problems? 24days?

It taked me 1week to do this Identity Verification, but no work.

What is wrong with you? 

Salako P Community Member

hello upwork

i want to change my profile name and picture but it wont allow me. it says i need to verify before i can change it but it is a wrong name and picture that is there.

Hi Salako,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your account concerns the attention they deserve. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Emil M Community Member

Hello! For some reason my identity is still not verified, although it has already been a week (it is written on the site that it usually takes 1-3 days).
I have done ID document verification and Visual verification, Location verification is not available to me yet.

Thank you!

~ E.M.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Emil,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your documents. I have followed up with the team handling your account and one of our team members will update your account as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Sean S Community Member

I'm very new to Upwork. My coach recommends I verify my account but I don't see any link to click in settings. What am I doing wrong here?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Adam K Community Member

Hi Pradeep.

What is going on today that several people have their financial accounts suspended without any reason? Several complaints have been raised but so far no answer from Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths