🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The difference in the Arabic name on the ...
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rashid,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Nedal D Community Member

I am writing to you regarding a name mismatch between my Arabic ID and my Upwork account.

• Name on my Arabic ID: [نضال ظاهر]
  • Upwork username: Nadel Daher

I would like to clarify that my name on Upwork is a literal translation of the pronunciation of my Arabic name into English. While the names do not match exactly, they refer to the same person.

I have attached a copy of my Arabic ID to this message to prove the validity of my name.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Nedal,

Thank you for your message. Please respond to the notification sent to you with this clarification so that our team can review and update your account as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Nedal D Community Member

I believe the reason for my rejection is not due to my different name, but rather when I created my account, I did so through Google, selecting the option to sign up via my Google account. My Google account name is different from my real identity, which is Nidal. However, my Google account name is Abdulrahman saifi. When I noticed this, I quickly changed my name on Upwork to avoid any issues with name discrepancies. However, I'm unsure if the rejection could have occurred due to this incident.

Muhammad Hamza I Community Member

Hi Upwork team!

My problem is that I'm still not getting the identity verification option even through i've made my profile 100% completed. Please let me know why this option is not available yet what is the problem with my profile.

Thankyou,

Hamza

Muhammad M Community Member

"Hi Upwork Team,

Although I've completed my profile and have been given the identity verification badge, it still asks me to verify. Could you please help me solve this?

Thank you.

Screenshot_20240401-170740.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Would you mind clicking on "GET STARTED" and submitting the required documents again? Let us know if you have any trouble doing this and we'll gladly assist you further. 

~ Luiggi

As you said, I clicked on "GET STARTED" and scanned my (CNIC). But this time, it didn't ask for a face check, is it normal.

And thanks for the help

Screenshot_20240401-191602.png

It's been three days, and it's still not verified.

Screenshot_20240401-191602.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi

Even though I got the badge it still asks me to verify

The notification : "Some of your services are temporarily on hold

We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE"

Isacc A Community Member

I have been trying to verify my account with NIN slip and it wasn't successful then i have been trying to verify the account with digital identity card but yet keep showing can't capture the four corner.. What can i do ??

My journey on upwork is kind of been restricted because i can't send proposal and I'm from Nigeria 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Isacc,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the verification process. Could you please try scanning the QR code you're being given on the verification page as an alternative? Let us know if the problem persists so we can investigate further. 

~ Luiggi
Isacc A Community Member

This problem still keep persisting. I'm still unable to resolve the issue till now

Samreen A Community Member

I am trying hard but unable to apply to any job because my apply now button is grey Im unable to click on it. how can i make it functional?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Samreen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started here

~ Nikola
Samreen A Community Member

Hi NikloaS,

Thank-you for responding,but I have done that procedure show my ID card, my selfie. I don't know why it's not still working out for me

Khrystyna S Community Member

Good day!

About three weeks ago I got a message on the screen saying that I need to go through verification. So, I scanned my passport, took a selfie as instructed, and got a message that everything was successful. However, a week later, I did not receive any response and the message about the need for verification remained on the screen.
Therefore, I scanned the driver's license + selfie. Again, the system wrote that everything was successful. A week later, she repeated it again. But no feedback.

Today I needed to buy more connections, but I couldn't do it because the screen said that my account was limited.

Can you help me? I don't understand what's wrong. I follow the rules and act within the law.

Thank you in advance!

Medhat M Community Member

I need some one from upwork customer service to revise my id. I am apolied personal local id not passpirt and it is in arabic not english. I provided it for manual reciew. I need someone to revise

William T C Community Member

Click the above Support link and attach any needed screenshots.

Anne Christine R Community Member

I have completed and set up my upwork . 
I cannot see my ID Verification badge.

Where can I see it?

Thank you!

Sophie A Community Member

You can not ask for verification. Upwork will contact you when they want to verify your identity. Most of the time, it is when you get your first contract.

Anne Christine R Community Member

Thank you for letting me know sophie. I had to close my account and create another one. I thought it will appear when I create new one.

Sophie A Community Member

You might have issues with that account as well as you are not allowed to have more than one account (even if a previous one is closed). Before making other changes, I would invite you to look at the Terms of Service at the bottom of this page, and look at the Academy Ressources at the top of this page to learn how things work.

Badurdeen Mohamed N Community Member

Hi Upwork team.
  I submitted my government ID card for account verification. but still under review.
how long days will take for ID verification?
and I couldn't submit my proposals.
Please take a Quick solvition.
I was waiting 10days.
Thank you
Mohamed Nazeer

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths