๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Government ID verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. Itยดs not a pristine picture, but everythingยดs perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an โ€œIdentity Verifiedโ€ badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring itโ€™s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If thatโ€™s the case, and youโ€™re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and it looks like you have not yet completed the ID verification process. Could you please go here and kindly continue it? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Badurdeen Mohamed N Community Member

I have submitted Sri Lanka Government Issued Identity Card which was rejected.I tried to resubmit it. But I couldn't. I need help. This kind of information keeps coming up when I try. I have attached it.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

I checked with our verification team, and they have instructed that you please log out completely from your Upwork account, proceed with clearing your cache and cookies, and log back in. Once you're logged in, please access this link directly. You should be able to resubmit your documents for verification.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I was clear my browser cache and cookies. I could not resubmit my document with the same issue. I will attach screen shot

8152bbb5_0-1712128884839.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Nikola S Moderator

Thank you for following up, Mohamed.

Iโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola

Thank you So much, Nikola. I'll be waiting for the agent.

ID Verification issue is, that my address is ID back side printed. What can do about this?

Alimi M Community Member

I have been using up work for a while but I never got a prompt to verify my ID . My profile is complete and I am also active , how do I go about it 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Alimi,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Muhammad Hamza I Community Member

Hii! Upwork Team,

My problem is that I'm still not getting the identity verification option even though I've made my profile 100% complete. Please let me know why this option is not available yet. What's problem with my profile. I'm waiting for your response.

Regards,

Muhammad Hamza.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

There is currently no need to verify your account. Rest assured that if verification becomes necessary in the future, our team will inform you promptly. Please note that verification cannot be requested, as it is gradually being implemented for Upwork users. If the team determines that your account needs verification, you will receive an email or a notification with detailed instructions on how to complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Pandu Putra P Community Member

Hi there,

I'm new to Upwork, and I need to verify my ID, but I'm unable to do so. I've tried uploading both my ID card and driver's license, but it still shows an error, as depicted in the picture below. Please assist me.

f7d0d557_0-1712032937204.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Pandu,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while verifying your account. I followed up with the team handling your verification and was informed that your previous submission was rejected for incomplete and unclear information. Please try uploading the documents again and make sure you upload a clear image of both sides of your ID documents. 

- Pradeep

Pandu Putra P Community Member

Yes that is exactly the problem here, there's no clear information from the system/verification team.

Do i need to try uploading my Passport?

Christopher O Community Member

Hi, 

I was recently told i need to verify my ID if i wanted to contiue submitting proposals and getting new jobs, i followed the steps by uploading an image (front and back) of my Hong Kong Identity card as i was prompted. it has now been about 1 week and there is no change on my acount and i have not received any emails from upwork regarding this. i tried using the AI bot to resolve it but got no help there. I would like to talk with the upwork team to see if there are any problems with my verification and what i can do to reslove this. is there an email address or anything like that i can use to speak with whomever at upwork might be able to help me? thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

-Chris 

Imran A Community Member

Hi Chris,

I understand your frustration with the ID verification delay. Here's how you can contact Upwork support to inquire about it:

1. Use the Support Email: You can directly email Upwork support at support@upwork.com Briefly explain your situation in the email, mentioning you uploaded your Hong Kong ID a week ago and haven't received any updates.

2. Chat with Support (Alternative):

• Go to the Upwork Help Center (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us )
    • Click the "Get Support" button in the bottom right corner.
    • Describe your issue with ID verification to the chat bot.

Important Note: The chat bot's initial solutions might not be helpful. Don't worry if this happens.

1. Create a Support Ticket (After Chat with Support):

• If the chat bot doesn't resolve your issue, it will prompt you to create a support ticket.
    • When creating the ticket, provide a clear title and detailed description of your problem. Mention the date you uploaded your ID and that you haven't received any updates.
    • Attach any relevant screenshots or documents (your ID copy, if possible) to your ticket.
  2. Confirmation and Response:

• Once you submit the ticket, you'll receive a confirmation email.
    • Upwork support usually responds within 4 business hours. You'll receive an email notification when a support agent replies to your ticket.
    • You can then check the agent's response by clicking the link provided in the email.

I believe following these steps will help you reach Upwork support and get your ID verification issue resolved quickly.

Best regards,

Imran

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while verifying your account and reaching our support. I followed up with the team handling your verification and was informed that your previous submission was rejected for unclear images. Please try uploading the documents again and make sure you upload a clear image of both sides of your ID documents. 

- Pradeep

Christopher O Community Member

Thanks very much for your help. i tried uploading the images again today using my phone, i guess ill wait and see if it works this time. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Muhammad Farhan S Community Member

Hey Support,

Its being so long I did'nt received the ID verification email yet even I am spending connets on "Availability badge" and "Boost your profile" also I did some bids aswell. My profile is 100% completed but still havent received any Email and notification yet. Due to which Its very hard to grab the client becasue of the account verification. 

Kindly help me on this becasue I am facing difficuilties to grab the client becasue of the Government verification 

Waiting for your positive response.

Thanks,
M Farhan Siddiqui

Lelanie Grace Ann G Community Member

Hi, I only have my NBI ID with me, and at the moment I cannot send proposals since I cannot verify my ID. Where would I send my NBI ID, and how many days (or weeks) should I wait for my account's identity to be verified?

Riaz A Community Member

Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs.

1st my ID card and appear on camera was getting verified(checked) and submit for review is unverified(unchecked).

but then it got unverified again. Now all 3 options unchecked.

Paul H Community Member

I have same problem here. Taking the pictures of my residency card works fine, but is absolutely no feedback on how long the manual processing will take. During the time I'm not able to post jobs.

I know nobody cares. But I just would like to say that I have the same problem.

Riaz A Community Member

Early it verify 1st two option then again unchecked.

This is very stressful for me. Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you!  

Riaz A Community Member

anyone know how to mentioned upwork intermediate person (support team). 

Mohamed Ali N Community Member

Hello, 

I've uploaded my identity for verification purposes for the second time still it hasn't verified even though it is legit government ID with proper quality in image and it is very incinvenience i do have a client waiting for my work now they want me to get verified eventhough i've uploaded the certain document it still says the same and wants me to upload again.

I kindly need human assistance to resolve this issue please help me with this query.

thanks and regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths