🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Just got verified but cant send proposal
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Pervaiz A Community Member

I am experiencing with the identity verification process on the Upwork platform.

After successfully completing my first job on Upwork, I received a notification prompting me to undergo identity verification. However, upon clicking on the "Get Started" button, I encountered an obstacle that prevents me from progressing further.

Specifically, when I attempt to initiate the verification process by entering my phone number and clicking on "Send Code," I am informed that the code has been sent. However, despite multiple attempts, I have not received any verification code on my registered phone number. Furthermore, upon clicking "Send Code," the screen remains unchanged, providing no option for me to input the code even if I had received it.

Taimur H Community Member

Same here! I have also completed my first order & are experiencing the
similar issue. Could anyone please help me in fixing this?
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Taimur,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Sebastian O Community Member

Hi, I hope you are doing well!

I have uploaded passport and national id for ID verification a several days ago but it's still pending.
Can you please let me know what else needs to be done in my side?

Regads

Sebastian

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sebastian,

I checked and saw that you have not yet completed the ID verification process. Please go here, and kindly click continue. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mahir A Community Member

I have just got my 2nd job offer on Upwork. I got two offers on the same day. Accepted the first one but couldn't accept the second one. Now the issue is I have a birth certificate, which is widely used in my country until we collect our national ID card. Now I have the birth certificate. Except that I have an admit card from board exams which contains my image as well. I think these two should be enough to verify my identity. But Upwork's system is not letting me do that. Can I somehow manually verify my identity or do I have to wait until I get my passport and reject the job offer?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mahir,

To complete the ID verification process, freelancers will be asked to take a picture of their government-issued ID to verify their identity. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.

• This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address
  • The documents we accept include a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

You can check this help article for more information. 

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Kevin R Community Member

Hi there, 

I had mistakenly added my cousin CC in the billing information, and when Upwork asked for the ID verification, his name appeared by default. I removed his CC and put mine own, but the problem remains the same, and Upwrok does not verify my identity due to mismatched information. This is the third time I've entered my information. Please look into the matter, as it is getting really frightening. 

I look forward to your help as soon as possible. 

Regards, 

Kevin.R 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kevin,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

I also looked into your account and don't see any limitations. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Daniel O Community Member

Hello upwork team, 

It's more than 48 hours since I uploaded my ID for verification, and I'm yet to receive any email concerning the status of my verification. 

Please help me resolve this, so I can continue working. Thanks

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Daniel,

I checked your account, and it doesn't look like you've already completed the verification process. Please go here and kindly click the option to continue. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Noor Ul A Community Member

I was getting this error on my Identity verification. 

Show us a government-issued photo ID.

We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile.

What shall I do?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Noor Ul A Community Member

Re: Upwork Support Ticket No 46455407 - Identity Verification Error

Dear Arjay,

Thank you for your reply and willingness to help with my identity verification issue.

I am attaching the error screenshot to the email.

Please let me know if this information helps. If you require any further details, I'm happy to provide them.

Thank you, 

Noor

Mahmoud M Community Member

I am unable to verify my account using my Egyptian National ID, as the system does not accept it.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue or suggest alternative steps for verification?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mahmoud,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Ahmed A Community Member

My ID verification is not verified yet from like a week and it should be verified in 1 or 2 days and I couldn't see the ID verification page in my settings any help please ? 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Your ID verification concern has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. We'll have one of the team members contact you via email with more information about the status and additional assistance on how to proceed. Don't hesitate to coordinate, and they'll gladly assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jose Amec V Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and I'm getting a message that I need to verify my identity before I can apply to my first job.

I followed the steps on a mobile device to scan my Honduras government issued ID, and it seems like it's rejected but it's not clear why.

I don't recieve any kind of notification or aditional information. I did this several times, and I always see this error when I check back after a few minutes:

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.59.32 AM.png

I've spent some time reviewing documentation and requesting support via the chatbot but I haven't been able to find a concrete answer. I also posted in this same thread yesterday and didn't get a response. I'm posting again because I notice more recent posts recieving replies from moderators.

Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

Kedir G Community Member

Dear Please try to reach the Platform technical support teams, they are
really helpful.

Hi Jose Amec,

We've reached out directly to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You should now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate this action taken on your account. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Krasimir I Community Member

Hello to everyone. I did complete my profile to a 100% when i made my profile. Couple of weeks passed after i did my profile completion and still didn't get any single email about that how can i verify my account.

Thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Krasimir,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Aldren L Community Member

I just received a notification that my profile is verified  

7c467120_0-1712495799267.png

however I cant send a proposal, after hitting the apply now button this pop up.

7c467120_1-1712495852013.png

7c467120_2-1712495885118.png

Even if I close it or try to verify my identity again

the send proposal button is still greyed out and I cant input on any of the text boxes on the proposal page.

This is what my identity verification page looks like.

7c467120_3-1712495986236.png

it wont let me send a text message again 

7c467120_4-1712496008788.png

and when using the qr code after loggin in it just loops back to the same page on my phone.

7c467120_6-1712496092650.png

Please help.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Aldren,

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths